The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Complaints Dept.   » What about the stat ratings?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What about the stat ratings?
Pokecapn
Farting Nudist
Member # 491

Rate Member
posted 07-29-2000 12:33 PM      Profile for Pokecapn   Author's Homepage   Email Pokecapn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I mean, is or is it not hard to put those in there? (not being sarcastic)

------------------
Yes, I am the Pokecapn from AGNP. So stop asking!

Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2000 03:41 PM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They have them for each type. Isn't that good enough?

------------------
-kobayashi

TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2000 04:35 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love the way they did it. If you want entire ratings, e-mail me and I'll hook you up with one.

------------------
Help TeeJay find a good quote!

TeeJay
AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2000 02:13 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokecapn:
...is or is it not hard to put those in there?

It's not trivial.

For one, we just haven't had the time, even if we did have the data in the form we want to use. For two, we haven't decided what sort of rating is most useful.

A rating like "Good" or "Bad" is meaningless. It's going to have some basis in statistics, but we don't know what yet, basically because we haven't had the time to figure out exactly what makes the most sense.

With Speed, for example, the number of Pokemon that are faster than the Pokemon is more important how that Speed ranks with respect to mins and maxes. The number of Pokemon with more HP is not nearly as important, since HP isn't a simple better or worse issue.

Anyway, we'll get to it eventually. You might have noticed the Pokedex isn't finished yet either. It's not that we don't have the data, it's that we haven't had the time to both the research and the site work.

But it's coming.

(This is another reason I don't care about G/S. There is still many hours of work to be done just to finish RBY.)

------------------
"Napster is how white people loot."
- Howard Stern

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.