The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Complaints Dept.   » G/S Forum Request

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: G/S Forum Request
Annon
Farting Nudist
Member # 473

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2000 11:52 AM      Profile for Annon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
K: I know you don't want to get involved with G/S, you stated it in the "Azurians Only" thread. However, it's very annoying for R/B/Y fans to open up Oddish Memorial Hall and find the majority of posts are for G/S (go check it out; scan the first page). The only way to preserve R/B/Y is to ensure it has its' own forum. G/S is dominating the entire forum itself, proving it easily has enough interest to support its OWN forum.

The solution: Oddish Memorial Hall should be exclusively for R/B/Y, whereas a new forum needs to be made exclusively for G/S. You wouldn't even have to moderate it, people like Darynn are perfect for the job.

Realisitically, I expect a stupid remark for this post, so if you post something along those lines it won't amaze me...

Just a thought,
-Greg

------------------

Starshelle
Farting Nudist
Member # 567

Rate Member
posted 07-22-2000 12:42 PM      Profile for Starshelle   Email Starshelle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm sure when Gold and Silver come out in English in October, we'll be MOSTLY interested in Gold and Silver anyway LOL Then when the new pokemon stadium comes out, R/B/Y will be almost obsolete except for the few pokemon you can only catch in the early versions.

I really haven't noticed this problem. If there's something you want to know about R/B/Y all you really have to do is just ask or specify you want information in R/B/Y. In addition most people are pretty good about using the Gold/Silver pokemon icon to seperate G/S topics from R/B/Y.

Just my two cents

------------------
If everyone is weird, then wouldn't that make being weird normal? So if you're normal then wouldn't that make YOU the weird one? I know which one I am! ::grin::

From: Kansas (U.S.) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 03:42 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, it may be inevitable to do what you suggest, but it will probably end up being a red/blue pokéball for the odd chromatic post. I agree that finding non-G/S stuff can be tough (though I personally like the G/S stuff more, as I feel it is a game with more balance), but the G/S ball helps lots.

The real problem is that once on forum is split into two, the others will start asking for it as well...

I don't think it's necessary yet, personally.

------------------
-cfalcon

"That's an awesome cape too, look, it's black and white!"
-pkthunder, on Lance's cape in the Gameboy version

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2000 05:58 AM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

but the G/S ball helps lots.

<feeling proud>

it was my idea!

</feeling proud>

------------------
-kobayashi

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2000 05:43 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Annon:
...a new forum needs to be made exclusively for G/S.

Thanks for the idea, but I'm not going to do that. Hopefully, whatever the G/S version of Azure turns out to be will pick up the slack. But I'm not going to double the number of forums just to deal with a transitional period.

Either this forum will die, or it will pretty much switch to mostly-G/S discussion.

Either is fine with me.

------------------
"Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'."
- George W. Bush

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.