The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Complaints Dept.   » Why won't you guys listen?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why won't you guys listen?
articool
Farting Nudist
Member # 65

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 11:12 AM      Profile for articool   Email articool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, it seems that my thread at http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000236.html has gone ignored for too long, I have made several attempts to get my ideas iplemented, but my suggestions have fallen on deaf ears. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you tend to give more attention to threads posted by more respected members, and less to those who are new. All that I want is for you to take notice, because I know it's important.

------------------
BOB wants to fight!
BOB sent out MEWTWO!
GO! MAGIKARP!
MAGIKARP used SPLASH!
It's super effective!
MEWTWO fainted!
BOB: What the, how did...
BOB is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
BOB: Why the @$%! did I just hit myslef?

From: Needham, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 11:38 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I noticed it, but I haven't had time to work on the project.

We'll get to it eventually.

Thanks for contributing, but I can't do everything at once.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Millennium Bug
Farting Nudist
Member # 44

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 09:47 AM      Profile for Millennium Bug   Email Millennium Bug   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by articool Excuse me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you tend to give more attention to threads posted by more respected members, and less to those who are new.

I agree.

------------------
Previously known as LionHeart, whatever.

articool
Farting Nudist
Member # 65

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 11:39 AM      Profile for articool   Email articool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Mr. K, but I'm just angry that it went unnoticed fro so long.

------------------
BOB wants to fight!
BOB sent out MEWTWO!
GO! MAGIKARP!
MAGIKARP used SPLASH!
It's super effective!
MEWTWO fainted!
BOB: What the, how did...
BOB is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
BOB: Why the @$%! did I just hit myslef?

From: Needham, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 12:13 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...it seems that you tend to give more attention to threads posted by more respected members, and less to those who are new.

That's true.

If the info comes from a respected source, then it is looked at more closely, because it will require less work to get it ready for the site. If it comes from someone with an unreasonably long sig whose research habits we are not familiar with, it is put on the back burner when there's a lot of work to be done.

We don't put up anything that isn't tested by a trusted member of the team, and everything cannot be done at once.

If we put up everything that people posted without testing it, we'd have bad data for critical hit rates, freeze rates, and a number of other things.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2000 03:55 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I looked at that post when it first was posted. It looked complete, so the only the only thing I responded to was Porcupine's confusion about sleep duration. I didn't do any further testing or anything, but it rang true with what I was pretty sure of: the distribution on those moves stinx.

But there is a lot of crap for Mr. K to do on the site, and I can see how he wouldn't have gotten around to it.

We aren't being elitist, we're just plain lazy

-cfalcon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.