The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Information Booth   » Pokemon Forever shut down.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon Forever shut down.
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2005 05:59 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chris Fritz (Meowth346) still has a Pokemon index up for the Advance Gen games, but other than that, it looks like he's moved on. =/

I mention this here because the site is in the links section.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2005 11:54 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth346 did come up with a lot of data, but at the same time he acted like a Nazi and kept many of his findings to himself, plus he was hipocritical and would ban you if you even MENTIONED the word ROM despite the fact that he used ROMs to make all his discoveries...

-MK

[ 07-27-2005, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: MK ]

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2005 04:10 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard he destroyed it all because he got into a fight with PurpleKecleon, who did all the artwork for the site.

Apparently, the site reminded him too much of him/her.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2005 07:37 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Porygone:
I heard he destroyed it all because he got into a fight with PurpleKecleon, who did all the artwork for the site.

Apparently, the site reminded him too much of him/her.

LOL that's messed up. That's why you don't date people you work with, it gets awkward.

That sounds like Meowth's personality though, destroy an entire site because of personal reasons... [Razz]

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2005 01:08 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He could have just removed her artwork. If someone you're going out with leaves and some of his/her stuff is in your place, you toss the stuff, you don't burn the house down. O_o
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2005 01:45 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, but the entire site itself reminded him of her/him.

If you can't stand living in a house because it reminds you of someone, you don't necessarily burn it down, but you can certainly sell it and move somewhere else.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2005 08:52 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is a shame for all the information to leave.

I just found out this today while trying to extract some game information.

You don't just build up a project like that with people looking on for years, than go 'lolz i go nutz now' and destroy the information. That's pretty selfish even if he did all the research and most of the work by himself.

Its like if someone invented the potion for immorality, than destroyed the evidence and commited suicide. You would be sympathetic because of the courage it took, but in the end you would think 'what an asshole'.

Best of luck to him anyway. Sometimes you gotta do something and you can't explain it. Maybe this is one of those times.

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2005 12:14 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cesar: ...the potion for immorality...

I think that's called "Old Milwaukee".

Anyway, that does suck. Have you tried the Wayback Machine? It might have cached copies of everything.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2005 01:31 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To be fair, the Pokedex is still up.

For now, anyway.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

Cullen
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3547

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2005 10:52 AM      Profile for Cullen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The web archive has most of pokefor (from early 2004 which is when it pretty much stopped getting new useful information).

http://web.archive.org/web/20040323015815/http://www.pokefor.tk/

Also on there is the only berry list that shows the actual attributes of each berry, that I've seen on the Webtron. Someone really needs to take that and work out what the pokeblock formula is.

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.