next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Information Booth   » 87 CE FA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 87 CE FA
pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 09:21 PM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did the name of the site cause the background color or did the background color cause the name of the site?

------------------
Will this ice ever melt?

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 10:00 PM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can blame whomever (I actually don't know) named this place for the color scheme.

I probably would have never been so subdued without the name, so you should probably all feel lucky...even if the whole thing is a little wussly.

I see those hex numbers in my sleep, by the way...

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2000 02:30 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm stumped. What do those number have to do with "Azure"?
AtomicMew
Farting Nudist
Member # 41

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2000 12:53 PM      Profile for AtomicMew     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
Okay, I'm stumped. What do those number have to do with "Azure"?

that's the bgcolor, go look at the page source ^_^

------------------
-Atomic Mew

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 03:15 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know that. What does it have to do with the words "Azure Heights"?
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 03:50 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Azure (n): The blue of the clear sky

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 06:33 AM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to admit, tho, that I had to look up exactly what color "azure" was.

I always thought it was sort of a high-beam indicator blue...

Just be happy the place wasn't named "Fuchsia Falls"...

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2002 01:27 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm going fucking nuts. My Head will spontaneously explode any minute now. Because of this, I am replying with the exact same message to the very last post ever in each forum.

Then I'm going to make a new topic containing the exact same message in each forum. So....

Bump!

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2002 04:27 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure it was Azure Heights before the background was azure. But that could just be me.

- - - - -
So "a" can be any value?
-a guy in my Calculus class, on the nature of variables

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PikaCharma
I scanned my boobs and then said I was leaving and never coming back. OOPS!
Member # 2026

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2002 06:35 PM      Profile for PikaCharma   Author's Homepage   Email PikaCharma   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the term Azure Heights originally appeared in a PokeWars post, a long time ago ((about 3 years)) in a galaxy far far away ((known to some of us as AGNP)).

Accodring to Deja, the first pokemon-related mention of "Azure Heights" was on January 11th, 1999.

So, to answer your question...I believe the name came first. ^_^

[ 05-30-2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: PikaCharma ]

- - - - -
Pikacharma's Bottomless Pit -- Vote 4 Mike, see a dead Togepi, and take the Pokemon Purity test!

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something made up to scare us kids, like the boogieman or Michael Jackson." -- Bart Simpson

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-31-2002 03:39 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did neither of you notice that this was originally 2 years old? Or just ignore the fact?
PikaCharma
I scanned my boobs and then said I was leaving and never coming back. OOPS!
Member # 2026

Member Rated:
posted 05-31-2002 05:12 PM      Profile for PikaCharma   Author's Homepage   Email PikaCharma   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IceHawk78:
Did neither of you notice that this was originally 2 years old? Or just ignore the fact?

Eep!
::looks embarrassed:: [Embarrassed]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.