The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Information Booth   » Invisible mesages

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Invisible mesages
Walrus Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 145

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2000 08:48 PM      Profile for Walrus Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Walrus Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like clicking around, and I found a mesage that I found very funy south of the half psychic pokemon on the pokedex:
Please ignore this subliminal message. Please ignore this subliminal message. Please ignore this subliminal message. DRINK COKE Please ignore this subliminal message. Please ignore this subliminal message. Please ignore this subliminal message

------------------
May the walrus be with you.

A amazing creature, the one of a kind, Walrus Lugia lives deep underwater around Alaska, somtimes refered as the ultimate Pokemon!

From: Seafoam Islands | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2000 09:31 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is this suppose to be? I've read it over and over and I don't see a message? I've gone through 24 cans of Coke while trying to find it.

------------------
Your avian friend,
-Jackdaw

Square
Farting Nudist
Member # 93

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2000 09:39 PM      Profile for Square   Author's Homepage   Email Square   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ha ys ive seen that! it was chock full of funney!

------------------
Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me up. In a room. I died there. They buried me. In a box. With worms. I hate worms. They drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once.....

From: deep in a swamp, under a rock, in a cocoon | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 03-18-2000 10:39 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats like on every single page with a margin on the bottom.

------------------
"I thought you said you were gonna watch a video"
"We did, an video on how to make your own sausge"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mw X
unregistered

posted 03-19-2000 10:18 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone here actually beleave in subliminal ...runs to get a coke... messageing.

------------------
}~Mw X~{

IP: Logged
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2000 04:01 PM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now you know where all the funding for this site comes from. I get a big fat check from Coca Cola every month...

...actually, the message is just there because there is no other way to control the width of the nav bar on the left of most every page that works in both MSIE and Netscape.

I can get it to work without the message in the typical case, but to make the thing really flexible, it's impossible to do with regular HTML, because MSIE makes certain assumptions and Netscape makes others, and neither of them are entirely correct.

In fairness, tho, part of the problem is with the definition of HTML itself. Because they did a poor job defining what the default action is, it allowed MSIE and Netscape to come up with their own interpretations...and of course they couldn't do the same thing.

No, go pour yourself a frosty one.

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 03-30-2000 01:38 AM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course we all know that subliminal messages don't work, I hate coke, I love 7-Up. Hate the Dark colas in general .

------------------
"Welcome to DJ inc. where nothing is out of the ordinary."

Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 03-30-2000 06:44 AM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way I figured out about those are:

My mouse slipped and I ended up hilighting the entire page.... Then I noticed the messages and laughed for a while....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-30-2000 11:24 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was easy enough for me to discover...16 colour max-moniter.

--Meowth346

------------------

complication
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 266

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2000 12:42 AM      Profile for complication   Email complication   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hahaha! Thats funny...

------------------

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2000 01:25 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Jaguar:
Of course we all know that subliminal messages don't work, I hate coke, I love 7-Up. Hate the Dark colas in general .

Crystal Pepsi
I loved that crap.

------------------
MewtwoSama
A viscous,Psychic Pokemon that was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments. It's DNA is almost the same as MEW's. However, it's size and disposition are vastly different. It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies.

AIM: MewtwoSama
E-mail: mewtwo@ureach.com
Beat me if you can, survive if i let you

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Psyanyde
Farting Nudist
Member # 325

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2000 06:54 PM      Profile for Psyanyde   Author's Homepage   Email Psyanyde   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dr. Pepper all the way.

It was first on the market, and first in my book. Colas taste like fresh crap. Not that I know how that tastes...uh....

Yeah!

------------------
~Psyanyde, leading cause of death of ignorant newbies worldwide.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my
Grandfather did, in his sleep;
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

From: http://california.north.com/ small.html | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 04:57 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

All sodas really are poison. If you stop drinking them, you won't miss'em after a month or so. In composition, they are closer to desert of some kind. Why everyone drinks them all the time is a dark, foul question that the happy ad execs don't want you to ask...

2 cokes? Double poison. Toxic, in fact... :0

------------------
-cfalcon

From: 3945' N, 10452' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 03:55 PM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have not drank soda in a long time, and when I do its only what I've listed up there. I am obsessed with milk though, the Emporer of all beverages, and the one with the funniest commercials.

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 08:38 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ugh...milk is disgusting...and probably worse for you than soda.

Altho I drink so much Coke that if I don't have one for a day, I get a massive headache. Aspirins clear it right up, probably because the magic additive to aspirins is caffeine...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2000 10:28 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really? Milk is my favorite drink. The only carbonated drinks I ever consume are root beers and cream soda. Well I guess milk and cream soda then. I never liked anything else, and milk always was there. My friends all hate it though, so whenever they come over I make sure to make brownies. Man it pisses them off.

------------------
AIM: Avalanche786
e-mail: lewisdischner@msn.com

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2000 06:50 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I highlight text all the time for no good reason... I noticed when I signed up for this forum. I don't acutally read the website that much unless I'm in a disputr over accuracy/base power with someone

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), the man who trained with the help of Caos2.

Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com

AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mga Tp 0
Number: 45597626
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

- Casey Morris- Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 10:37 AM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For me, it's the refreshingly different taste of Dr Pepper all the way. The only fizzy drink I like.
Dr Pepper. To try it is to love it. Unless you're my Mum, who has tried it and hated it

------------------
"Clefable, Metronome!"
{Come on, Hyper Beam!}
CLEFABLE used STRING SHOT!
"Damn, not again!"

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
PPokeM
Farting Nudist
Member # 343

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 03:28 PM      Profile for PPokeM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just curious, are there any others? I live off of subliminal messages. Not really, but they can be very funny *sips Coke*. That's not because of the message, it's just that I like Coke.

------------------
[Mew vs. Golem!]
[Mew used Metronome]
*C'mon, Hydro Pump*
[Mew used Thunderpunch!]
*Crap...*

[Mew vs. Grimer!]
[Mew used Metronome!]
*Dig!*
[Mew used Smog]
*Double crap...*

[Mew vs. Mewtwo]
[Mew used Metronome!]
*Pin Missile, please god!*
[Mew used Pin Missile]
*Thank you!*
[It missed!]
*That's it, I give up!*

Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 07:13 PM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Milk worse for you then soda? What type of milk are you drinking?? Milk contains calcium (good for teeth) while soda contains sugar (bad for teeth). I don't see how milk can be bad for you (unless your lactose intolerant)

------------------

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 07:51 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, cow's milk isn't a food humans (much less adult humans) are "meant" to drink.

We didn't evolve to drink cow's milk.

So a point could certainly be made on milk not being the ideal food the milk industry would like you to think.

But it is still a natural food with plenty of protein, so it isn't outright bad for you or anything.

Unlike soda. Soda is bad.

------------------
-cfalcon

Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2000 05:38 AM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, i guess we can only drink water then :P

------------------

J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2000 04:07 PM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PPokeM:
Just curious, are there any others? I live off of subliminal messages...

There are certainly some other things hidden around the site, tho not exactly subliminal...

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

PPokeM
Farting Nudist
Member # 343

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2000 05:46 PM      Profile for PPokeM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any tips where? Or maybe I could just highlight every single page. That'd be quicker, since nobody ever comes to this board anyway. Oh, and I don't mean to insult MT0 with my new sig, I just wanted to try it out.

------------------
Look at me, I'm Magician Type 0! I have a super long signature! Blah Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
Blah
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PPokeM
Farting Nudist
Member # 343

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2000 05:54 PM      Profile for PPokeM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, they're on the bottom of -- wait, I won't tell.

------------------
Don't move. Maybe he doesn't see us... --Shawn, from Boy Meets World, with Feeny breathing on him.

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2000 07:14 PM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been told that all dairy isn't that great for you because it coats the digestive track with more mucous than it really needs.

The calcium in it (the part thats good for teeth and bones) isn't as absorbable as the calcium in green veggies, like broccoli.

Point - If you really dig milk, save it as a special treat (to go with a handful of peanuts, or with mmmmm chocolate syrup), and drink water instead. Eat more veggies, eat more veggies, eat more veggies, to get all the nutrients that you need.

That's my not-so-subliminal message.

PS - if you're poor like me, you end up eating a lot of pasta instead of spending money on expensive fresh fruits and vegetables.

------------------
Will this ice ever melt?

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2000 09:06 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Hoo! Boy am I sorry, I just could NOT resist...

I just posted a load of malarky to Bahful asking an innocent question (what's up with the invisible text). I claimed it was a new form of subliminal advertising based on a glitch in the way windows draws text and background colors. I then linked here so anyone curious could find out the truth (holds space for tables).

My horseshit resides: http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum8/HTML/000120.html

And I really will try to make sure that this is the only time I post utter nonsense and try to pass it off as fact (well, deliberately).

Sorry to anyone I inconvenienced...

------------------
-cfalcon

"MOVE IT, OLD MEN!! YOUR TIMES ARE OVER!"
-Jody Summer, back of F-Zero X box

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 01:01 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! Now I have an excuse not to drink milk!

Thanks!

------------------
I think I'm going crazy.

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 07:30 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
must... drink... coke...

------------------
Wild MISSINGNO. appreared
ABZ: Go GENGAR
GENGAR used CONFUSE RAY
MISSINGNO. is confused!
MISSINGNO. is confused.
It hurt itself in confusion.
MISSINGNO. faints.
GENGAR gained **** EXP.

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sonichu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1607

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2002 11:39 PM      Profile for Sonichu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I liek coke.

Anyways, THE first coke notice.

- - - - -
int

Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2002 07:16 AM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a strange habit of highlighting everything I read, so I found it quite quickly lol.

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 03-05-2004 12:31 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh; I just now figured this out. Good thing I used my instincts on making a search for this thread instead of making a 500th one about this. Oh well, better bring back an old topic than making a brand new one about the same thing.

Oh, and Dr. Pepper is deffinately better.

- - - - -
Bucket.

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2004 03:27 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SEEK DEATH AT THE HANDS OF YOUR ENEMIES
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 03-30-2004 02:15 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, old post.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boodabonzi
like a virgin
Member # 2958

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2004 09:43 AM      Profile for Boodabonzi   Email Boodabonzi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
put me back in your sig boy

- - - - -
OK, I know I'm probably not the nicest Pokemon Trainer when it comes to giving advice, and if I get flamed on this, it is probably well deserved. So here goes...

From: Hitchin - biggest little shanty town in all of England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.