The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Information Booth   » How'd you find us? (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: How'd you find us?
Raven
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3297

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2003 12:52 AM      Profile for Raven     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember finding Azure about a year and a half ago via PikaCharma's site. After about a year of absence, I decided to come back and check things out, and well, here I am again.

- - - - -
Coo coo cachoo

Windex
I am the greatest human being ever. It is impossible to insult me.
Member # 9

Member Rated:
posted 04-08-2003 11:33 PM      Profile for Windex   Email Windex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Windex:
It seems I'm the first to answer! Anyhow, I found Azure Heights through a link from GreyCloak's skill/statfinder. I came, thought it was pretty cool, and well, here I am today.

awesome burn dude.
Thomaz
Farting Nudist
Member # 3330

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 12:56 PM      Profile for Thomaz   Author's Homepage   Email Thomaz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ferquin:
Actually, I've known about you guys for a while, but I just never bothered registering until now.

Me too, only different thing is that I had never noticed there was a Forum [Big Grin]

I found AH via GreyCloak's skill/statfinder link

- - - - -
Nothing.

DoomMullet
Farting Nudist
Member # 3363

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 02:40 PM      Profile for DoomMullet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been over at Uber since January, and every keeps talking about this place over there, so I decided to check it out.

- - - - -
What kind of a fuckass fuck of a bumfuck shithole town is this?

From: fondling your balls, don't you feel that? | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boodabonzi
like a virgin
Member # 2958

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 02:34 PM      Profile for Boodabonzi   Email Boodabonzi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if you take it back further I'm the one who linked him to Uber. So if you want someone to blame. Blame me.

- - - - -
OK, I know I'm probably not the nicest Pokemon Trainer when it comes to giving advice, and if I get flamed on this, it is probably well deserved. So here goes...

From: Hitchin - biggest little shanty town in all of England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dranze
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3378

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2003 01:22 AM      Profile for Dranze   Author's Homepage   Email Dranze   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found out about this place in #pokebattle. I made an account with aol a long while ago but I never got my registration approved and I forgot what the account name or aol email address was.

Fast forward to a year or so and I'm here.

- - - - -
"Say your prayers, eat your vitamins, drink your milk and always play fair!"
- The Dranze

From: 313-37 Leet Lane, Kainsville | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dAyWaLkEr
Farting Nudist
Member # 3343

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2003 01:58 PM      Profile for dAyWaLkEr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Donald once posted a link a long time ago on the GameFAQS GS forum

When I lost that link, I posted a request for the link and Brian gave me one

Gotta love a site that gives you links to RuSa ROMS!

- - - - -
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence

NotreKaens
Farting Nudist
Member # 1728

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2003 05:05 AM      Profile for NotreKaens     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found the site with my quasi-sneaky ways. But I do not compare to the master.

- - - - -
Sexation!

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2003 02:16 AM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the master is still banned
From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
McPuff
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 679

Rate Member
posted 06-12-2003 02:31 AM      Profile for McPuff     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blank Visage ożo:
To be honest, I really can't remember where I heard about this site. I had an older account but I didn't post that much. Then I lost interest in Pokémon for a few months. A little while ago I thought I'd give it another whirl and started playing again. I went back to my first ever pokémon site/forum, and then I remembered how good Azure was. I came back and re-registered and here I am.

wow that's me..a year and a half ago [Embarrassed] [Eek!]

- - - - -
-ChanServ- Your info line has been set to ' Wow he sucks at dod and has aol'.

@_@

Mere Scrub
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3426

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2003 02:34 PM      Profile for Mere Scrub     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dranze:
I found out about this place in #pokebattle.

Same here, though I haven't been there in months. I made an account here out of boredom a while ago, but I only posted like two or three times.

Btw, do you know where #pokebattle has gone now that MD is on the b0rk?

From: a town on the West Side | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2003 03:01 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
irc.freedomirc.net is the temp server, IIRC

If .net doesn't work, try .com

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2003 10:55 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, let's see...

I discovered pokemon on the internet about 2 years ago.. a few months after I had moved and gotten the internet set up and the computer working. I had played pokemon since my friend showed me his Blue version back in the 7th grade during play practice after school. (I still remember that for some reason) I never actually learned how to truely battle, though. Anyway, I was extremely bored after beating gold so many times and I was sick of my blue version as well. I found Donald's FAQ somehow and learned some standard movesets from his recommended moveset section. Shortly after, I found TPM and flashed my standard set pokemon around there for a while. Learned of IRC battling and found the board name Azure Heights mentioned in some tournament post. I searched it out and found the link here. I discovered that everything was RBY focused, but checked out the message board to see if GS was also here. It was. I registered. And here I am with my damn newbie nick from 2 years ago. >:[

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2003 03:52 PM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I discovered this site a long ago...
Searching for Pokémon sites, I found PokéTech, and its "Breeding center", which served me as a guide for training Pokémon for like 3 months. One day, I checked the center and it was dead, all left was a message saying that most information there was wrong, and closed it because some forum had better information. The link led me to Azure Heights. Since then, I started reading these forums, and finally decided to (or managed to) register.
Too bad the PokéTech site disspareared. Somehow I miss it. And somehow I started a league and a site attempting to revive PokéTech...

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2003 04:00 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I forget how I found the forum...I just remember that it totally changed my view of the game. I didn't know it could be so deep before I saw what was going on here.

I registered toward the middle of R/B/Y, and was most active in the early G/S period. I'm was reduced to lurking for about a year and a half, when my interest in G/S tapered off.
Now that I'm getting Ruby I'll be lurking (and maybe posting) more often.

I know some people here know me from my old Mew webshrine, but I don't remember their names. ^^

[ 07-25-2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Tenshi no Myu ]

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2003 10:50 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. Long ago, in the lost days, this was an archaic world which amused the humans that lived there, but not higher creatures.
2. And then, an an exceedinlgy dull day, mighty Houou said "Let there be technology!
3. And there was technology, and He was pleased.
4. But verily, the adaptation of men was a slow process. A hundred years pased, and then another hundred, and hundred more, and Houou's great patience was weaning.
5. And so, great Houou spoke forth, "Let there be electricity!"
6. And electricity was discovered, and he was pleased once more.
7. And the planet's technology evolved faster with electricity. And Houou entertained the masses with a magical Lapras, or as humankind called her, the Loch Ness monster.
8. But after half a hundred years, the people still had failed to entertain them in the destined way, and Houou spoke forth, "let there be computers!"
9. And computers was created, which hastened the humankind once more.
10. And ten years passed as the computers shrunk, and a would-be sage claimed that there would be no market for computers, and Houou laughed.
11. And the computers continued to shrunk after another ten years, and yet ten more.
12. And finally, humankind saw Houou's destiny, for they had begun to connect computers to another.
13. And another ten years passed, and another ten more, and finally the computer networks were combined into one great network known as "the internet."
14. And Houou saw it, and knew it was good, for humans had continued his unstoppable legacy.
15. And after the centuries thast Houou had waited, the humans created a magical site called "Azure Heights", and Houou salkuted them, and set it as His website in the computer He has kept in the heavens for so long...

- excerpted from Houou's Legacy

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2003 03:00 AM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But woe! For not all was as the great Houou saw fit. For in this hallowed place a great schism was formed. One of Houou's own creations sought to deform the already established principles and teachings of Goddish. Thus there were flaming battles! And war, and SPNAK, ensued. On and on the battle raged, and Mewtwo's Cheapness reigned. Then all the residents of Azure stood still! And harked! For the heavens cracked open and the almighty Goddish spread forth a new era, and with His mighty foot booted the false messiah out of Azure, nevar to return. And heretoforth all residents of Azure, white or white, band together to fight forces beyond ordinary recognition, and Houou was proud.
From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miko
Farting Nudist
Member # 3504

Member Rated:
posted 09-11-2003 08:01 AM      Profile for Miko     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello ^-^ I found out about this place from IceHawk78 ^-^

- - - - -
Goo goo ka choo

Pokewaterking
Farting Nudist
Member # 3509

Member Rated:
posted 09-11-2003 03:44 PM      Profile for Pokewaterking     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks to dogpile.com I was looking for an answer to my question and here is where it took me [Smile] , along with a few other sites such as pokemasters.net, and Nintendos Official site. Hope science lab here gets updated soon, looks pretty cool for the old pokemon.

- - - - -
Kyogre deep freezes Mewtwo with Sher Cold!

Blue Seed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3471

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2003 05:34 PM      Profile for Blue Seed        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine told me about this place. He said I could come here as long as I didn't feed the bears. I can't stop feeding them. Oh, God...

[ 09-13-2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Blue Seed ]

- - - - -
Give drugs to children.

Archaic
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2523

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2003 07:51 AM      Profile for Archaic   Author's Homepage   Email Archaic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Signed up yonks ago after originally discovering it back when it was just starting, but I didn't play the games much, so I never really started visiting on a regular basis. Just happened to find the bookmark in my IE, thought "Hey, I was looking for some good games players!", and clicked. 'Lo and behold, the old girl's still here.

- - - - -
I speak the truth, I speak my mind, I am truly Archaic.
To walk in the light, one must first cast a shadow.

Bulbagarden.com & BMGf Head Admin

Bulbagarden Networks Webhosting - Quality, affordable hosting for your Anime, Gaming or Personal Website

From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dredite
Farting Nudist
Member # 33

Member Rated:
posted 10-07-2003 08:03 PM      Profile for Dredite   Email Dredite   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I just kinda stumbled in one day, lost, and found myself on the Founders page.

Weird, huh?

- - - - -
Dreadite
--
Tired of your logical fallacies, because you're an idiot.

From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 10-19-2003 12:54 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
arent you the guy who got head while playing pokemon

- - - - -
w
h
a
t
s
u
p

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Masterchief1011
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3552

Member Rated:
posted 11-09-2003 12:58 PM      Profile for Masterchief1011   Author's Homepage   Email Masterchief1011   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i forgot how i got here, but azure heights doesnt like me when i post my password incorrectly

- - - - -
if the dictonary spells a word wrong, how would we know?

IDLon2000
Farting Nudist
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2003 01:13 AM      Profile for IDLon2000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat's site. Its pretty hard not to notice.
~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2003 03:16 PM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont know...I think a link to the site was in someone's sig at pojo -_-;
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 02-03-2004 12:51 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jolteon X:
arent you the guy who got head while playing pokemon

if he's mu then yah

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ieR2
Farting Nudist
Member # 3934

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2006 11:04 AM      Profile for ieR2   Email ieR2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is this technically the oldest topic?

- - - - -
Itidiots.com

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2007 08:48 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is old, but there are older topics I think.

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ieR2
Farting Nudist
Member # 3934

Member Rated:
posted 02-17-2008 07:40 AM      Profile for ieR2   Email ieR2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh

- - - - -
Itidiots.com

Godzilla07
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 4157

Member Rated:
posted 01-21-2009 03:52 PM      Profile for Godzilla07     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found you looking for pokemon equations and by god my friend and I were lucky to find you, and we also have questions, but I will send those later, but thank you for this site.

~Scotts Penis

quote:
Originally posted by JT Toad:
Just curious...how did you find Azure Heights?

I've recently visited a couple web forums I'd never seen before and it was amazing how much some people didn't know.

After reading alt.games.nintendo.pokemon for a while, it seemed like most everyone had the basics down, but there's a whole world out there that still believes in old wives tales like "catch a Pokemon as early as possible" and "waiting to evolve your Pokemon later will make it stronger".

- - - - -
Scotty

Jim Bond
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 4206

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2009 09:55 PM      Profile for Jim Bond   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bond   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Random googling...

- - - - -
If you need to learn about Hip Hop Samples, Beat Making, or buy the best Hip Hop Drums... I'm your guy!

iamepic
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 4230

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2010 01:33 PM      Profile for iamepic   Author's Homepage   Email iamepic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ask the 'whitecat'
Macks
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 4140

Rate Member
posted 08-09-2010 05:41 AM      Profile for Macks   Email Macks   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From stalking Mr.E
][ Candy
Farting Nudist
Member # 214

Member Rated:
posted 01-31-2011 11:01 AM      Profile for ][ Candy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A website called Euro Asia Game Boy (EAGB), ages ago.
Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2011 04:29 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
11 years later, I just got your username.

- - - - -
Bullshit.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2011 11:58 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whose? >:o

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2011 09:28 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Probably Mick_hale. [That Guy]

- - - - -
Weezing!

MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2011 06:16 AM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Through an interview I read with Ian Garvey. He said that this place had a lot to do with his understanding of balancing and movesets. Then I quickly found out that no one here cared about Pokemon. Mostly Counterstrike and top ten listings of their favorite things. Also, putting one another down
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2012 10:39 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ian garvey isn't that special. I mean, of course he is the champion of RBY, but let's get real; no one had the guts to stand up to him, though he was too standard for his own good, and possibly cheated his way to the top. I mean, his movesets today would be blown out of the water by any of the Smogon sets, though I have my own way of battling, which now includes an Arceus, though that's my main weapon. I would also argue that most of the people on here who put each other down are also big time computer savvy people who wouldn't dare say the kind of stuff they say on here in real life to people who are complete strangers.

- - - - -
Weezing!

Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 05-26-2012 10:39 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Face:
Ian garvey isn't that special. I mean, of course he is the champion of RBY, but let's get real; no one had the guts to stand up to him, though he was too standard for his own good, and possibly cheated his way to the top. I mean, his movesets today would be blown out of the water by any of the Smogon sets, though I have my own way of battling, which now includes an Arceus, though that's my main weapon. I would also argue that most of the people on here who put each other down are also big time computer savvy people who wouldn't dare say the kind of stuff they say on here in real life to people who are complete strangers.

Every once in a while, I find myself checking the old stomping ground to see if there is any worthwhile forum content. Sadly, I find that half the posts made in the last few months seem to have been made by you. I then find myself devoting way too much thought to whether you are the most diligent troll in internet history, or just that damn slow. I have yet to solve the mystery.

- - - - -
Bullshit.

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2012 03:17 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yet another stupid post made by the king of double standards. Fish, you really outdo yourself by saying I'm a troll when in those months that you've checked, I've never grilled, not even once. But leave it up to an arrogant and rude azurian to mistake decency and etiquette for a troll post.

- - - - -
Weezing!

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2012 05:17 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I grilled some veggies and teriyaki chicken over the summer. It was pretty good for someone who didn't know wtf they were doing.
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.