The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Information Booth   » How'd you find us? (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: How'd you find us?
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 10-13-2001 03:01 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I got here thanks to DragoniteJ. I was also at Gameshark and I may have been the first sharker ever to ask for the damage formula. Dragonite said "If you're interested in that shit, you should check these guys' notes. But don't tell anybody, 'cause we don't like noobs." It wasn't too hard to wander over to the forum from the lab and like Tyranitar "never looked back." Okay, maybe twice, but shit was so gay that I regretted it.
From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThomasTR
Farting Nudist
Member # 580

posted 10-13-2001 05:45 PM      Profile for ThomasTR     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ive been here for ages but I've took two huge breaks. I just found it through a search engine.
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2001 10:10 AM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i used to come here along time ago (the site, not the UBB) but about 2 weeks ago, i found out the pokedex site i usualy used (pokemoninfodex.com) was shut down so i did a search online and came accross som stat calculator that had a link back to here.

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

SiberianDuvet
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2266

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for SiberianDuvet   Email SiberianDuvet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've only just registered here.
I knew about the site a while ago, but mostly used it to check Pokemon stats and all.
I think I first heard of the site from visiting #pokebattle...

- - - - -
Nintendo's trying to teach you something here, kids.
Drugs make you happy.
(referring to stat uppers)

Polardragon
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2272

Member Rated:
posted 10-17-2001 04:14 AM      Profile for Polardragon   Email Polardragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I think I first heard about Azure from Mr.Orientalnoodle...I've only recently signed up in the forum, but I've been reading the posts here for some time allready.

~Polar

Blastoiseu
Farting Nudist
Member # 100

Member Rated:
posted 10-27-2001 07:05 PM      Profile for Blastoiseu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Universal Pokemon Network er UPNetwork But now all thats left is memories of it. ;_; anyways, Someone in the pokemon video games forum posted a link. and I registered in the forums

- - - - -
Will you die?
No
Please?
OK

Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2001 01:09 PM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I came through the RE League. Lurked at the beginning, left, came back about 6 months later and registered. Thank you, KeroKato and Jackdaw, you saved me from the depths of newbiness.

- - - - -
Piss off not the kittens, lest they claw your balls off.

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
JolteonG3
Farting Nudist
Member # 2146

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2001 08:11 PM      Profile for JolteonG3   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonG3   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found AH while I was lurking at the VGF Pokemon forums. The stupidest thing was that I lurked a year here before I actually registerred (I'm a procrastinator and I thought I'd get flamed to a crisp if I barged in at the hight of my n00bness.).
# 1 Human Hater
Farting Nudist
Member # 674

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2001 01:58 AM      Profile for # 1 Human Hater   Email # 1 Human Hater   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Saw the link at UPNetwork, registered, then didn't bother to post at all..

Hence the low post count.

From: South Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spsobx
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2301

Member Rated:
posted 11-01-2001 03:50 PM      Profile for Spsobx        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A few buds on the net recommended it to me. Y'see, I work a lot on message board security, and I am oft interested in watching different message boards and seeing how the administrators deal with security issues. It's kind of like a learning experience...
I have two YaBB message boards to call my own, I'm a mod at another, and I'm co-administrator of yet another. I kinda got my hands full most of the time, so I probably won't have much time to post here.

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2001 01:29 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pojo.

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThaMasta
Farting Nudist
Member # 1399

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 11:35 AM      Profile for ThaMasta   Author's Homepage   Email ThaMasta   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Back in the day Pokemon TCG was the in thang. I think i found Wizards of the coast site after going to some TCG tour and finding the website printed everywhere. I tried it out and ended up sticking in the chat there. After a month or so i got bored there, so i went to some site that i heard everyone talking about.. Pojo. I checked it out and it was.. pleasant. Too many n00bs for my liking, mind you i was one back then, but there were still some sound people there. About Christmas time i got bored and went to explore Azure, I always knew about it, but didnt sign up as i knew that was where all the 1337 people went, and wanted to save making an arse of me'self. I joined none-the-less. Anyway.. that is it.

- - - - -
Dude8649: most of my posts are good

Bulbasaur3000
Donkeylips
Member # 1801

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 09:32 PM      Profile for Bulbasaur3000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^
|||
|||

=\

- - - - -
This signature sucks. Why is it here?

Kobayashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 313

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 08:00 AM      Profile for Kobayashi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Venus:
Why, hello, CatGonk. FYI, I said having three defensive moves and only one offensive is stupid.

How did they get to be #0? Who is Venus? An old AGNP'er? Is this a server bug?

Whats going on?

- - - - -
+kobayashi

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 01:45 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Venus's account was deleted.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 02:04 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read ETs interview with Nintendo.com and he mentioned UPN, Pokémon Daily and this place. Being a complete n00b at that time (OMG IAN GARV .etc) I decided to check it out.

And that is the principal reason why I just posted this message.

- - - - -
-D5-ŃďrVÄn@
-AIM: DMSContact

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 03:18 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I stumbled onto PokeAbode, and after a few months there, someone posted a link to this place.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tux The Linux Penguin
Farting Nudist
Member # 1846

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 05:20 PM      Profile for Tux The Linux Penguin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I originally heard about it from AGNP, but didn't think much of it. Then, I heard so many positive things about these forums from other forums, so I decided to check it out. I'm glad I did.
From: Walla Walla, WA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Blank Visage ożo
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2389

Member Rated:
posted 11-28-2001 09:04 PM      Profile for Blank Visage ożo   Author's Homepage   Email Blank Visage ożo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To be honest, I really can't remember where I heard about this site. I had an older account but I didn't post that much. Then I lost interest in Pokémon for a few months. A little while ago I thought I'd give it another whirl and started playing again. I went back to my first ever pokémon site/forum, and then I remembered how good Azure was. I came back and re-registered and here I am.
From: (blank space) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 11-30-2001 12:01 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was lost

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
moogleman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1017

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2001 01:09 AM      Profile for moogleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3 years ago a friend of mine and I were looking for gaming sites in our computer class. He happened upon gamesages.com, and I made a mental note to bookmark it at my home computer. Soon after, I stumbled upon GameFAQs since gamesages FAQs/Walkthroughs were sponsored by GFAQs, then from there I heard heard about Blizzard's PBS, and I met Rei2 (LightningFlik, at the time), who told me to download AIM and he gave me a link to Azure. Too bad I only starting using my account a year after I registered.
From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bulbasaur3000
Donkeylips
Member # 1801

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2001 06:00 PM      Profile for Bulbasaur3000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EspeonNidoking:
i was lost

Worse than that... You were at Pojo.

- - - - -

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 11-30-2001 07:55 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bulbasaur3000:

Worse than that... You were at Pojo.

XD!!!

- - - - -

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2001 11:23 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oporaca:
But as long as I'm posting, I might as well say that I found this site from a Nintendo Power interview with Ian Garvey.

Same here. This was the first Pokemon forum I ever came to, thank god.

There was some other forum he said he went to(the name escapes me), but AzureHeights sounded much cooler.

moogleman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1017

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2001 04:34 AM      Profile for moogleman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MegaScythe:

There was some other forum he said he went to(the name escapes me), but AzureHeights sounded much cooler.

I'm pretty sure the other one he mentioned was PokeDaily.

From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
ATCO
Farting Nudist
Member # 2400

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2001 06:40 AM      Profile for ATCO   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Found out about it when Azurians (DarkLickitung, Eaichu, Mr K Mouth and possibly others that slip my mind) invaded the GameWinners boards. Lurked for maybe 8 months.

- - - - -
ATCO - Still annoying.
Eating babies is just uncalled for.
[Sig not deleted due to user's complete insanity.....yet.]

From: Definitely not Florida! | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
RainStrom
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2399

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2001 07:43 PM      Profile for RainStrom        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ahh, finally I'm allowed to post. Hee. I guess I'll kick off my first one with what I'm good at. Long stories.

How did I find you guys? Well.

Step 1: Got involved with Pokemon by watching the show, got an Emulator and a Rom from a friend, and played Red illegally for a few months before learning that it was illegal. (ahh, so that's why I couldn't link up for battles!)

Step 2: Fell out with the group of net friends I hung out with, decided to look for more Pokélosers. Browsed through various sites, and found *gasp* Pojo. It was updated frequently, so I stayed. (see how easy it is to keep me happy?)

Step 3: Joined the Pojo "gooey" group, hated it. Joined the Pojo Chat Room. Disliked it but stuck around out of boredom. Was made an Operator. No clue how that happened. Quit being an Operator, quit the channel, and joined the Pojoboard. Disliked the board mostly, and hanged out in the Fanfic Forum. Was modded there. Eventually heard about Azure, digested the website itself in a day or so, (rather tasty shade of blue, you know) and didn't notice the forum.

Step 4: Lost all respect for Pojo leaders during a Great Amount of Insanity. Retreated with group of friends to a tiny community board. Became extremely bored.

Step 5: Drifted back to Azure, don't know how, because almost all the rest of my links Mysteriously Vanished. Noticed "Forum" and wondered to myself, "Hey, Rains, how much these people have been suffering due to the lack of your presence!?"

I replied to myself, "I don't know, but I think 'suffering' isn't the right word until I actually go there."

So I said "Whatever. They've been here forever, so I don't think they'll want to Mod you."

And I pointed out, "You know, I think that is a good thing."

Thus, I applied.

This is the only time I'll answer this question:

Yes. My name is spelled "RainStrom." Yes, it it spelled that way on purpose. No, it's not a typo.

- - - - -
I only follow people who drop money.

From: Gerunna, on the Garune River | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2001 01:49 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
flame me if you like but who is Ian Garvey? nd wut issue of NP was the interview in?

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2001 09:26 AM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ian Garvey is the United States Pokemon Champion...maybe someone else can tell you what issue the interview was in because i don't know it...

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bubbler
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2303

Member Rated:
posted 12-07-2001 02:59 PM      Profile for Bubbler   Author's Homepage   Email Bubbler   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was on pokezero and Opraca joined Aquarockgym. I was top co-leader back then(I'm temporarilly gym leader now) I got to know Opraca and joined Azure.

- - - - -
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 12-07-2001 11:22 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it goes. This is the unabridged, FULL VERSION 1.2.3.99a of how I came to Azure Heights.

Back when Pokemon was THE TV show to watch, and the cards were impossible to find, I of course got right in the middle of the storm. I watched the show every time it was on, bought the cards, but the video game, well... I stayed away from that.
So, eventually I got tired of the cards, and I read in TV guide magazine, or something, that Pokémon was a popular video game before the whole hype was there. So, I decided to put aside playing Super Smash Bros., and bought the game. Man, did I love it. I played all the time, Missingno. and everything. I battled my friends, the whole nine yards. Then, one day, it struck me. There were other moves that Pokémon could learn besides attacking moves that matched their elements, which led me to believe that maybe there WAS some depth to this game, after all.
So, I went on my computer, and looked up newsgroups about 'Pokemon.' I found about 4. The first one I went to was tnn.games.pokemon. Well, seeing as to how there was a total of about two posts, and they were both spam, I decided to try a different one. This is when I found AGNP. I loved it, so I signed up as "Chris the PokeSaiya-jin" It was later shortened to PokeSaiyan. One day, I read Simyn Locke's [AznExplosn's] War Story (you know which one, yeah, the Molly Nut Bomb one). He mentioned something about "Azure" in it, and I thought 'what's that?' My answer was soon to come.
Toby Martin then posted a thread soon after that about a VERY good way to sk00l M2 with ... no, that can't be right... a SLOWBRO? Well, he had invented the Tobybro, and, in his sig, I saw a link to Azure Heights. This reminded me of when Simyn had mentioned Azure, so I went there. I read the whole site, and then went to the forum. I signed up as Jolteon X, and here I am today.
Wow, I think this is the longest post I have ever made. Thank you for reading.

- - - - -
w
h
a
t
s
u
p

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Joltrio W
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1772

Member Rated:
posted 12-09-2001 10:13 PM      Profile for Joltrio W     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As I recall, it was SDShamsel who referred me to this place a year or two ago, but for the most part I frequented my visits once you guys started with that whole 3-word story and those random musical-insult-spammings. Why nothing aside from the Karp Park stuff? Because even though I have kept up with every game in the series (excluding puzzle league or non-rpg related games), I seriously suck at battle strategies and such. I'll just have to show you guys some of my sad teams one of these days to make my point clear. Bah, well there's my story.

- - - - -
"My chair has these extra legs to keep me from falling down, kinda like the ones on your -----[pause]
aw DAMMIT!!!"

From: between the wasteland and the sky | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
*HeRaCr0sS*
Farting Nudist
Member # 1193

Member Rated:
posted 12-10-2001 08:59 PM      Profile for *HeRaCr0sS*     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkLickitung:
Pojo.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...........hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I especially liked the topic smiley... ahh... good stuff...

- - - - -
- The Horny Bug
"heh that guy is a n00b he uses selfdestruct over explosion XD" - Theman15 on a Snorlax

Bulbasaur3000
Donkeylips
Member # 1801

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2001 05:31 PM      Profile for Bulbasaur3000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I miss the 3-word story...

Someone who's not as much of a pansy as I ought to make a new one.

- - - - -

Mew lover 321
Farting Nudist
Member # 2541

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2002 06:03 PM      Profile for Mew lover 321        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found Gfaqs first and saw Donald's FAQ and he mentioned Azure in it. So I decided to type its name in the address bar and here I am.

- - - - -
"Government employer looking for candidates. Criminal background required."

Found at the site "Things People Said"

From: The Orion Arm | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2002 07:33 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh.. interestingly enough, I seem to recall that that's how I first got here as well. Three cheers for cmsnrub!
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mew lover 321
Farting Nudist
Member # 2541

Member Rated:
posted 02-07-2002 06:35 PM      Profile for Mew lover 321        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!

I emailed him once in my semi-deep newbie state. I reccomended him to replace Electabuzz's ice punch with HP grass... Back then I called myself Mewmaster321. Master of Mew... Yes, I was definately a newbie.

- - - - -
"Government employer looking for candidates. Criminal background required."

Found at the site "Things People Said"

From: The Orion Arm | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lunair
Farting Nudist
Member # 681

Member Rated:
posted 02-10-2002 11:01 AM      Profile for Lunair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cripes! It's amazing that I'm still a member of the Forums!

I just did a search, to see when my last post was, but it dinnae return anything. Woe is me alas.

But the Story, now, that's a different story.

I, too, began to play pokémon on an emulator first (I also didn't know that it was illegal). I got to around Cinnabar Island, I think, when I stopped playing the emulator, because...
I shelled out some green stuff and bought a GBC + Pokémon Red!

I beat the Elite Four, did various things, and eventually got most of the Pokeymen (get it? It's like the cactus from SMB2... right, anyway...), but continued in my blissful ignorance.

Eventually, I saw this bookmark my brother had put on the computer: Azure Heights. I selected it, went to the site, read stuff, tooled around, and got better. I saw the word Forum at the bottom of the page, but I thought it was some sort of Roman marketplace, so I dinnae click it. Later, my brother introduced me to the concept of a WEB forum, and I immediately signed up here.

I believe that my brother found Azure Heights (and created the fateful bookmark) because a friend of his told him about it. That friend was a certain 'unknown' (:rolleyes guy who went by the moniker 'Necrosaro'. Necrosaro went to my (and my brother's) school last year, and he was also the one who swiped the ROM for the Pokémon Blue game I had been playing on the emulator. (Side note: if you've ever played the game FFV on an SNES emulator, and the default main character's name is Butz, know that Necrosaro got the Japanese ROM and translated it to English.)

Yeah, and that's, like, my story and stuff. Thanks for listening, fellows!

EDIT: fixed the Rolleyes

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Lunair ]

- - - - -
"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all kinds of directions." Terry Pratchett, The Truth.

From: United Union of Onions | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dragonite21
Farting Nudist
Member # 475

posted 02-10-2002 03:07 PM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JT Toad:

Certainly better than friggin' google.com...

I found this site via google. I should win the award for 'least interesting way of finding Azure Heights'. Here goes:

There was no school, I was very bored. I went online, went to google, searched for 'dragonite'. On the 4th page of 100 hits (yes, I was very bored), I came here because the description said something about a pokedex. Upon entering, I discovered that Flash/Thundershock/Swift/Thunder wasn't a very good Raichu moveset. Yep.

ReturnofNumeroUno
Farting Nudist
Member # 476

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2002 01:23 PM      Profile for ReturnofNumeroUno   Email ReturnofNumeroUno   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Through TPM somehow.

- - - - -
Ich Liebe NintendoLover

From: Pembroke Pines Florida | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Amphy
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2634

Member Rated:
posted 02-22-2002 02:09 PM      Profile for Amphy   Author's Homepage   Email Amphy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had heard about this site from several other message boards. Also, I had found my way here from the Porygon PBS.

- - - - -
The White Gryphon, Pokémon Professor

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/Archive.pl?ANO=7917

From: Somewhere far away from you | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Umbreon85
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2614

posted 02-23-2002 06:06 PM      Profile for Umbreon85   Email Umbreon85   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OrientalNoodle told me about this site.
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 02-26-2003 11:01 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StarCaliber:
Me, Biffster, and that TeeJay character all got here in the same way. You can either settle in for the story or just scroll down to the next post.

We're from Kansas and were totally psyched up about the Stadium Tour on April 8, 2000. We were all trying our best not to be cocky, but deep down we really were (none of us had lost at all at last year's tour except for TeeJay). We knew we were good at Pokemon, but we had no clue that there were people actually BETTER than us. We have our own local league with 8 people in it. It's a ladder system and can get VERY competitive.

Our Pokemon were good, but not perfect. We had Pokemon raised w/o boosted experience, 10 of each drug on every category, and we would usually catch about 10 of each specimen before training it. Yet we knew NOTHING about Stat EXP. Everyone's Mewtwo had between 355-358 speed, but we weren't sure why the HP or other attributes would sometimes go up. We just thought the force was with our Pokemon or something.

And yeah, our teams were good, but not skillful. For example, we knew how to effectively use Amnesia on Mewtwo, our Mews had Swords Dance, Swift, etc. But in most battles, all we would use was Mewtwo. We usually didn't pay much mind to the power of physical attacks either. And when I look back now and realize that we used Mewtwo, I cringe. Uggh...that Pokemon is evil and should not be used by skilled trainers. Dropping Mewtwo is like dropping training wheels from a bike.

But anyway, we had all been winning quite a bit on the Stadium Tour, again getting all cocky as our Mewtwos destroyed team after team. I used my Jolteon once, but that was only because I felt sorry for the kid I was playing. Then, while loitering around the Stadium Area, we noticed this kid who was like 19 playing the gym leader. Biffster noticed that the guy had exactly the same moveset on his Mew that ours do, and then after this guy dismembered the leader, Biffster ran up to him and says, "You play Pokemon?" The kid was like, "Uhh...yeah a little," probably thinking we were punks or something. And then Biffster introduced everyone to him and we all talking and stuff. The kid turned out to be none other than 10,000Lb.Snorlax. We talked to him about games (Soul Calibur, DoA2 mostly) and he probably figured out that we were off track when someone from our league showed him the Nintendo Pokemon Players guide in his backpack. 10K promptly gave us the Azure Heights address and was even kind enough to clone me a Mewtwo with max stats (I was most happy, but I still haven't ever used it).

So that's the long boring saga. Thanks for reading it yet (yeah right like you actually did). But I gotta say, this is the BEST Pokemon site on the net. Keep up the good work. :-)

P.S. The new forum is way cool, too!

awww, i read it

;-)

- - - - -

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 02-27-2003 12:57 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol now that EN has bumped this topic I might as well give my short story.

I found the UPN in an AOL search way back in 1999 or so. I joined the forums as Psyduckrules (omg lol) and made quite a few posts in the Pokemon Video Games board. I befriended some of the posters on there, like GolemKong, EeveeTrainer, and FlyingPidgeot (trans.: Windex). I think there was a link to Azure in one of their sigs, so I clicked on it and found a wealth of Pokemon information. I didn't really go to the forums that much, however, as I thought UPN was better in that department (omg lol).

I ended up registering on Azure in maybe April or May of 2000 under the alias Bird and Diz (I was heavily into jazz at the time) because I was in the very first InterBoard Tourney representing the UPN and I needed to post in some topic at Azure for the tourney or some shit. I don't even remember. I hardly posted, though.

When Pokemon Daily finally got a forum, that became my regular place of posting instead of the UPN, which was dying anyway. It was at PD where I finally used the name Dweedle, and it stuck. So I changed the e-mail address of my Azure account to like 123872634sjkdbfasdf7804qrksdf@aol.com or something so I could change my nick to Dweedle (only allowed to have one account per e-mail address). This was in November of 2000. I was in the last few RBY tourneys that were held (CLST, SMPT, maybe Sneak I or something, not sure), and then, just after GSC came out, I took a short break for a couple months (junior year in high school = not too much free time) and I pretty much stopped playing Pokemon. I came back for a bit in the summer of 2001, and then took an extended hiatus from the Pokemon community (kinda like Phish, I suppose [Frown] ). It was not until October 2002 that I returned to the community...almost a year and a half away. I got nostalgic, what can I say. It was cool coming back because the people that remembered me were shocked. This is the main Pokemon board I post at now (even though I don't play Pokemon at all anymore), mainly because the other boards I used to go to are no more (well, UPN is still around, but it's not really the same anymore).

Well, that's my story.

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 02-27-2003 03:41 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
glad you came back james, or i never woulda got to know you.

:*

- - - - -

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

Boodabonzi
like a virgin
Member # 2958

Member Rated:
posted 02-27-2003 04:57 AM      Profile for Boodabonzi   Email Boodabonzi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was linked by Psybro, now you know who to blame. Yur. Anyway, originally I was The Pokemon that gets Laid, but I changed that to Boodabonzi. Etc.

- - - - -
OK, I know I'm probably not the nicest Pokemon Trainer when it comes to giving advice, and if I get flamed on this, it is probably well deserved. So here goes...

From: Hitchin - biggest little shanty town in all of England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 02-27-2003 07:25 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Summer 2001. I was looking for a cool forum to give me some GS tactics and strategy suggestions.

I registered like a half year later, eventhough I came here like everyday to check out The Oddish Hall.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 02-27-2003 09:19 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I typed something about Pokémon Yellow into Yahoo's search engine, and came across GameFAQs. It wasn't until about half a year later that I got off my fat lazy ass and asked someone what the address was. I came here, mainly looking around at the actual site itself, and eventually noticed that the message boards seemed more in-depth, and so I registered. And here my sad, pathetic, ugly, hypocrite, retarded, evil self is today. [Smile]
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2003 02:51 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had some trouble finding you. The azureheights.com domain isn't working?
Ferquin
Farting Nudist
Member # 3269

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2003 01:55 PM      Profile for Ferquin   Author's Homepage   Email Ferquin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, I've known about you guys for a while, but I just never bothered registering until now.

Anyway, I've been looking for a good serious site to discuss Pokémon since UPNetwork went under. UPNetwork was okay, but a lot of the members were either children or immature jackasses. Hopefully, this place won't be the same.

Consider this my intro post.

- - - - -
Ferquin N.C. Root
The Ferquinarium

From: Renton, WA, USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.