The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Information Booth   » How'd you find us? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: How'd you find us?
Magician Type 0
Farting Nudist
Member # 293

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 08:42 PM      Profile for Magician Type 0     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not easily. I heard all about it a GameFAQs, so I went to hotbot.com. The only thing I found was the old one (at Geocities). I saw the link for skill-stat finder and needed the URL. I just happened to find a link to this Azure and clicked on it out of boredom. You should submit the new guy to hotbot.

------------------
"Dance, Dance, Dance" --Casey "Magician Type 0" Morris (me), the man who trained with the help of Caos2.

Email: webmaster@casog.zzn.com

AIM: Magician Type 0
ICQ Nick: Mĺgěçěań T˙pé 0®
Number: 45597626
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/4615.html

I'm not insane. I just hear voices. And the aliens are stealing my thoughts.

- Casey Morris- Founder of the FUOA (Flash Users of America)

Dan and the Kirbys
Farting Nudist
Member # 221

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 08:53 PM      Profile for Dan and the Kirbys     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found this place soon after joining AGNP. Back then I was still playing with offense-only moves...mostly because that's all I needed. You don't really need much strategy to beat the in-game trainers...

------------------
-----------------------
/('.')\ Beware the Kirbys...

J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2000 10:31 PM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Magician Type 0:
You should submit the new guy to hotbot.

We have...and to every other major search engine. Most of them, for some reason, aren't the least bit interested.

Maybe the name conflicts with the old address, or maybe they have just too many Pokemon sites...or maybe they just plain suck.

We recently got listed in the Open Directory, tho, which gets farmed out to a buncha other search engines, so maybe we'll get somewhere with that...

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

ceoalex316
Time for the flaming leprosy party
Member # 338

posted 04-28-2000 11:13 PM      Profile for ceoalex316     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found it of Cheatcentral

------------------
alex

Argo
Farting Nudist
Member # 49

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2000 01:15 AM      Profile for Argo   Email Argo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Windex:
It seems I'm the first to answer! Anyhow, I found Azure Heights through a link from GreyCloak's skill/statfinder. I came, thought it was pretty cool, and well, here I am today.

Same here...

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"Falcon punch!"
-cfalcon

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

-Argo,professional Mewtwo killer..

From: new york,NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 07:38 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Found your site in Gamefaqs Pokemon Message board... and found Gamefaqs Pokemon Message board in Gamefaqs.com, and found that site A LONG time ago when I was searching at Rareware's site for some stuff relating to Diddy Kong Racing.

------------------
Wild MISSINGNO. appreared
ABZ: Go GENGAR
GENGAR used CONFUSE RAY
MISSINGNO. is confused!
MISSINGNO. is confused.
It hurt itself in confusion.
MISSINGNO. faints.
GENGAR gained **** EXP.

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2000 07:45 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
heh, I liked your old website's logo thing... how did you come up with the name Azure Heights?

------------------
Wild MISSINGNO. appreared
ABZ: Go GENGAR
GENGAR used CONFUSE RAY
MISSINGNO. is confused!
MISSINGNO. is confused.
It hurt itself in confusion.
MISSINGNO. faints.
GENGAR gained **** EXP.

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2000 01:00 AM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Darshu told me about Azure during my glorious time as Master in the Nintendo tourney.

BTW, I told Vap...just kidding Vap...not really.

------------------

J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2000 03:43 AM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by abz1986:
how did you come up with the name Azure Heights?

That's a very good question.

I have no idea who came up with it or how they came up with it. I just inherited it.

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2000 03:08 PM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But you had the name Azure Heights, and then when you made the new sight, you decided to actually make it azure-colored?

------------------
Will this ice ever melt?

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2000 09:46 PM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pkthunder:
But you had the name Azure Heights, and then when you made the new sight, you decided to actually make it azure-colored?

Yep.

There was an old site named Azure Heights that Wintermute, Cat-Gonk and I contributed to, but the webmaster wasn't all that interested in updating, so he threw the whole thing in our lap.

Which is OK, I guess, because his web design sucked.

I suppose he probably came up with the name.

Anyway, yeah, given that name, the color scheme seemed obvious, altho I fussed over it forever...just like everything else here.

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

starCaliber
is evil and also MewtwoSama
Member # 268

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2000 05:19 PM      Profile for starCaliber   Email starCaliber   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me, Biffster, and that TeeJay character all got here in the same way. You can either settle in for the story or just scroll down to the next post.

We're from Kansas and were totally psyched up about the Stadium Tour on April 8, 2000. We were all trying our best not to be cocky, but deep down we really were (none of us had lost at all at last year's tour except for TeeJay). We knew we were good at Pokemon, but we had no clue that there were people actually BETTER than us. We have our own local league with 8 people in it. It's a ladder system and can get VERY competitive.

Our Pokemon were good, but not perfect. We had Pokemon raised w/o boosted experience, 10 of each drug on every category, and we would usually catch about 10 of each specimen before training it. Yet we knew NOTHING about Stat EXP. Everyone's Mewtwo had between 355-358 speed, but we weren't sure why the HP or other attributes would sometimes go up. We just thought the force was with our Pokemon or something.

And yeah, our teams were good, but not skillful. For example, we knew how to effectively use Amnesia on Mewtwo, our Mews had Swords Dance, Swift, etc. But in most battles, all we would use was Mewtwo. We usually didn't pay much mind to the power of physical attacks either. And when I look back now and realize that we used Mewtwo, I cringe. Uggh...that Pokemon is evil and should not be used by skilled trainers. Dropping Mewtwo is like dropping training wheels from a bike.

But anyway, we had all been winning quite a bit on the Stadium Tour, again getting all cocky as our Mewtwos destroyed team after team. I used my Jolteon once, but that was only because I felt sorry for the kid I was playing. Then, while loitering around the Stadium Area, we noticed this kid who was like 19 playing the gym leader. Biffster noticed that the guy had exactly the same moveset on his Mew that ours do, and then after this guy dismembered the leader, Biffster ran up to him and says, "You play Pokemon?" The kid was like, "Uhh...yeah a little," probably thinking we were punks or something. And then Biffster introduced everyone to him and we all talking and stuff. The kid turned out to be none other than 10,000Lb.Snorlax. We talked to him about games (Soul Calibur, DoA2 mostly) and he probably figured out that we were off track when someone from our league showed him the Nintendo Pokemon Players guide in his backpack. 10K promptly gave us the Azure Heights address and was even kind enough to clone me a Mewtwo with max stats (I was most happy, but I still haven't ever used it).

So that's the long boring saga. Thanks for reading it yet (yeah right like you actually did). But I gotta say, this is the BEST Pokemon site on the net. Keep up the good work. :-)

P.S. The new forum is way cool, too!

------------------
Being frozen solid is going to make this a one-sided fight.

From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Quetzalcoatl
Farting Nudist
Member # 411

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2000 05:48 PM      Profile for Quetzalcoatl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The first Azure site I found through some message boarder's signature on AOL. Fortunately, I found your newer, updated site on Necrosaro's Page. I was lurking around the old Azure site in Geocities for a good while now and frankly, this site is sooo much better and imrpoved.

------------------

From: WTF Capital of U.S of A | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 08:21 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a really long story. It took us 2 years to find Azure.

When I was a really big n00b; when the only pokemon site I'd go to was www.pokemon.com; I searched to find more sites that had more imformation. I found the Pojo. We finished our first games with Pojo as our guides. My two sisters with Red and Blue, me with Gold. Then we scrolled down to the bottom of the page, and saw the Top 100 Sites thing. We clicked, and saw the second best site was the Pokemasters.

We took a look around and thought "Boy this site is way better!" So we went there instead. Then we got bored, we looked for links. We found only found links to thier affiliates. Then we saw Pokemon Ahh!

Pokemon Ahh! was a site we went to for fun stuff, like make your own screenshots and pokemon cards. They had some screenshots of Crystal, so we went to take a look. Then they mentioned they got the shots from Pokemon Forever. So we went to Pokemon Forever.

We saw all the breeding stuff and thought, "Wow! This stuff is increadible!" Then we spent alot of time trying to figure out the stuff and memorise it. Then, we took a look around the forums at Pokefor. They said Azure was too good to be true. So I went to Azure.

We read some of the articles and thought, "Woah, this site IS to good to be true." After awhile, we got bored 'cause we didn't bother to look at the pokedex , so we went to the forums. We lurked, and after some time, I decided to join Azure. I love this site.

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: The Purple Lanturn ]

[ 09-20-2001: Message edited by: The Purple Lanturn ]

- - - - -
It's too hard to think of a signature.

From: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 09:45 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Purple Lanturn, people usually don't like it when others revive old posts.

But as long as I'm posting, I might as well say that I found this site from a Nintendo Power interview with Ian Garvey.

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 09-17-2001 10:33 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whoa, this post is older than I am. Well, older than my account is, anyway.

- - - - -
So "a" can be any value?
-a guy in my Calculus class, on the nature of variables

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PikaCharma
I scanned my boobs and then said I was leaving and never coming back. OOPS!
Member # 2026

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 01:49 AM      Profile for PikaCharma   Author's Homepage   Email PikaCharma   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I knew about Azure Heights for quite a long time before I actually signed up. I started lurking in AGNP in February of 1999, then I de-lurked and was a reg for about a year -- May of 99 til spring of 2000. After that, I sorta started to drift away from the online pokemon community ((which, as I've said many times before, I really really *really* regret)). The new online community I started hanging out in left much to be desired. The discussion was often mind-numbing spiritual\philosophical BS that accomplished no real purpose and made no real sense. (("You want to raise a Jolteon? Why is a Jolteon meaningful to you? You see, Jolteon is subjective. If someone beats you with a Jolteon, it was only your personal interpretation of the Jolteon that allowed you to get beaten. And how do you know that you really got beaten at all? Your chakras may not be compatible with the concept of Jolteon, therefore your spirit perceived the defeat in order to draw you away from the Jolteon, since it gave you negative energy. Let's examine your personal issues with Jolteon. Do you resent your Jolteon because you regret your choice not to evolve him into Vaporeon or Flareon? What is evolution anyway? What is its significance in your life? Is it subjective, like everything else? Do the concepts of Slasheon or Lunareon hold any personal meaning for you? Go mediate on this for a while. Now in the mean time, let's all do a Freudian analysis of the color yellow, trace the linguistic roots of the word "jolt", and find some way to relate the element of electricity to the Enneagram.")), The mods acted very much like the Pojo mods, but they weren't as blatantly stupid. In other words, the same gestapo tactics as the Pojo mods, but minus the low IQ that can give intelligent posters an upper hand. These clowns would play mind games rather than just posting stupid shit and instantly making total retards of themselves. After one particularly frustrating day, I decided that, just for kicks, I'd go check out my old haunt. AGNP seemed pretty dead, but I remembered Azure, so I popped in here and was very much delighted to see the place teeming with life. I started surfing and fell in love. The posts actually made sense! And there were flames that didn't get deleted! And people didn't get in trouble for linking to goatse! And even the moderators said "fuck"! I signed up immediately, dusted off my gameboy, and took the first step in correcting the error of separating myself from the world of Pokemon.

- - - - -
Pikacharma's Bottomless Pit -- Vote 4 Mike, see a dead Togepi, and take the Pokemon Purity test!

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something made up to scare us kids, like the boogieman or Michael Jackson." -- Bart Simpson

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 02:19 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was looking for pages on horses

(see if you can get THAT joke!)

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 06:28 AM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found the link in February of 2000, and I lurked for a while. I actually remember when I first found out about this site, because I was amazed that there was so much "Behind the Scenes" in the game. I came from the ANT AOL Pokemon MB. Anyone with AOL, go there and laugh your ass off.
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 02:57 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found this site from TPM....someone posted a URL for it and here i am. BTW, can anyone tell me what the URL for UPN is?

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 03:57 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
People don't really like it when others revive old posts.

I thought it would be interesting...
Now I'm very upset, 'cause I annoyed people.

[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: The Purple Lanturn ]

- - - - -
It's too hard to think of a signature.

From: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 04:48 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by o_O:
BTW, can anyone tell me what the URL for UPN is?

If you're talking about the pokemon site (not the TV network), it doesn't have one anymore. It hasn't been around in awhile.

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 05:27 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I had lurked here because people thought that because of my username on GameFAQs being Phildo that I was either Philbo or affiliated with him. This was on the GS board. I came here and thought it was cool, but was too shy to get an account for fear everyone would flame me. Then, CatGonk, under the handle Super Happy CatGonk, came to GameFAQs in I believe early November of 2000, to show off The Living Ancestors. There, he got into a flame war with funkytoad and I kinda stuck up for funkytoad because even though I knew he could be a prick, I still thought he was an alright guy, which I still do. Well, I started bouncing some of my fledgeling ideas off of CatGonk and I guess he saw some latent talent there, and I guess that's when I got the idea to come to Azure as Automaton, because I didn't want to come here as Phildo for fear people would assume that I was trying to imitate Philbo, never mind the fact that Philbo sucks at GSC and is eight years younger than I am, and that I had the nickname Phildo before Philbo was even in middle school. But, I still didn't want to overtly associate myself with any of the posters here, at least not with my name, so I used my other name. Long Story Short, I threw some ideas around, got flamed by Nickwhiz1 and Mr.E, made friends with 1970Beetle, and eventually found my way to Karp Park, and soon became a reg there.
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 06:04 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm almost sure this question has been asked before.

I'm almost sure this was the first topic in this forum.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 08:52 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Crowd around children and I will tell you the desterbing story.

It all started sometime in January of 2000. I was at AGNP at the time, and had been for some time. But one day, late January or early February, my ISP decided to kick AGNP out of the "list". So I no longer could post/read messages.

For months I tried to get back in, while at the same time looked over all my old posts (which are kept if you use outlook express).

Days, weeks, months, and AGNP still isn't on the list. I gave up looking but still reading old posts (hey, I had a lot of them!)

Finally, I realized Gonk had a sig. It took me 5 freck'n months just to realize Cat Gonk had a signature that was like 6 sentences long.

Damn I'm slow.

So I checked out Cat's Page, and the other links. And obviously Azure Heights was in there, and I was hooked ever since.

But if I wasn't slow and knew about Gonk's sig, I would have been one of the first people here.

Damn.

/me complains about his member number

- - - - -
"Hey, if AH decides to go for a site upgrade, I'm available as a dependable worker drone/slave taskmaster. I supply my own whip."- Uiru

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 09-18-2001 10:30 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I typed in "Pokemon Yellow Version" in a search engine, found GameFAQs, heard about Azure there, and here I am. Thanks to Striker64's walkthrough to make me want to learn more. ^_^
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Slade_64
chipmunk pr0n author
Member # 804

Member Rated:
posted 09-19-2001 12:24 AM      Profile for Slade_64   Email Slade_64   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found out by AznExplosN and ET at the IGN Pokémon board. Ian (he says it was someone else , but don't remember his name) was trying to get me to tell him my teams online after he heard that I was the Texas regional champ of the ol' WotC 2000 tourny thingamajig. Then in Seattle, Ian got on the comp and showed me what AH looked like and after that, I signed up.

- - - - -
Bucket.

From: Funky Town Texas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 09-19-2001 08:03 AM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am... err... from GBStation. Yes, you heard right.

By some of my friends, they think of me as "The Guide Guy", because I always read all the tactic guides about the games I play that I can find.

Anyway, I typed up in Altavista "Pokémon Tactics" or "Pokémon Guide". Well well, I read some FAQs, it was not enough for me. Hmm, GBStation.com. As I was also seeking for some GameBoy game reviews online, I thought that I'd see if the page was OK.

Nice reviews. About a week later, I noticed something: FORUMS! Posted something there. In one of the threads, somebody said that I should check out Azure Heights or somebody mentioned it. Well well... I clicked on a link he gave or typed "Azure Heights" in Altavista, I can't clearly remember.

Anyway. I found myself at azure-coloured main screen. "WTF", I thought. "Atk? Def? RCK? FGH? What the hell are those?" I started reading all the Articles, starting from Catching... I read all of the stuff, then I saw it: "FORUMS!" I clicked on the link and registered, read some of the threads.

Then I posted my cool team of all Expert pokémon. Expert in their own class, it being Fire, Water or Flying...

GO BLASTOISE WITH BUBBLEBEAM/WATER GUN/SURF/HYDRO PUMP!

- - - - -
Me: "...I've also spoken with Ian Garvey via IRC..."
Tyranitar: "Wow! You mean you have spoken with The Master?"

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 09-19-2001 08:16 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Several hundred people at GameFAQs linked me to this site.

Now I'm linking everyone else to it...

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 09-19-2001 09:50 AM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oporaca: Purple Lanturn, people usually don't like it when others revive old posts.

Yes, but people also complain when you start a new post on the same topic.

People just like to complain.

Tyranitar 101
Farting Nudist
Member # 2124

Member Rated:
posted 09-20-2001 06:02 AM      Profile for Tyranitar 101        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not long ago I found this site through Donalds FAQ at Gamefaqs, Came here once and never looked back

- - - - -
The loner from Mt. Silver

It ain't bragging if ya can back it up.

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 09:27 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This thread is really old skool. I'm impressed, and I, for one, thank Purple Lantern for having no life and finding this thread.

I got it from a friend who rarely posts on this board anymore. Where the hell is Yavarice, anyway?

Best. Site. Ever.

Actually, I just like that I'm not using n00b sets for my blastoise anymore...

- - - - -
"I mean, Bush lost a PR war with fucking Saddam Hussein. How pitiful is that?" ~ Mr. K

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 02:38 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I found it through Necrosaro's site, that or GreyCloak's, but, Necrosaro sent me to GreyCloak's. (or somethin)
ickle
Farting Nudist
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 03:30 PM      Profile for ickle     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Psybro told me about it and seeing as I follow Psybro in everything he does, I came here and voila!
From: Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 06:22 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember the conversation I had with ickle on the phone went along the lines of:
"These guys are pretty cool, but they seem to think Double Team is a great move!"
"lol wtf gays"
"Indeed"

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 07:08 PM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I came here through a link on the UPNetwork board.

- - - - -
"Oh come on, I know you want a Nintendo Playstation for your birthday."
-My mother

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pikapeace007
Farting Nudist
Member # 2103

Member Rated:
posted 09-22-2001 02:13 PM      Profile for Pikapeace007   Email Pikapeace007   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GP told me about it.

- - - - -
Oh yes sir, I can boogie, boogie woogie with DL.
[20:59:15] *** GreenPikachu has quit IRC (Quit: I love to spank my bottom when no one sees)

[23:28:42] (@DarkLickitung) GP likes gay porn
[23:28:46] (GreenPikachu) yes, i do

Anxious Clock
President Taft
Member # 1159

Member Rated:
posted 09-22-2001 10:44 PM      Profile for Anxious Clock     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think DTiggy linked this place when he'd post on the Antagonist Pokemon board. If I didn't get it from his sig, I got it from a friend of his.
Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 09-23-2001 02:56 AM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am probably gonna get flamed again for this, but by now I'm used to it.

I saw my first Pokemon ad waaay back when, on the back of a Disney Adventures magazine XD I saw a bunch of lizardy-things (Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard) and a huge fat cat-looking thing (Snorlax). Months later, I saw the games in a store and conned my dad into buying me Red, Blue, and a GBC. I tried to play said games, but coudn't find a whole bunch. I bought a Gameshark, and went to the Shark site. I saw they had a forum, and signed up as pokedude. Soon I began to notice a "war" between Sharkers and "AHers". I asked for a link and went to the forum, and saw nothing but swearing and terrible moves. (Double Team? Swords Dance? lol.) Needless to say, I later found how informative and helpful (albeit harsh) Azure was. I beg your forgiveness, for I have been tainted with the evil ways of Gameshark Boards and n00biness!

- - - - -
There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra today than on Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2040, there should be a large elderly population with perky boobs, huge erections, and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 09-23-2001 01:28 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fear not, Dark_Herakurosu, for thine soul hast found repose.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Psybro ]

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Windex
I am the greatest human being ever. It is impossible to insult me.
Member # 9

Member Rated:
posted 09-23-2001 08:38 PM      Profile for Windex   Email Windex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nifty. I was the first to post a reply to this.

BTW, can anyone tell me what the URL for UPN is?

The site is gone, but the forum still lurks on. It's address is forums.nyasu.net or something along those lines.

mr k mouth
Farting Nudist
Member # 802

Member Rated:
posted 10-01-2001 05:12 PM      Profile for mr k mouth   Author's Homepage   Email mr k mouth   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If any of you care...

I first started out at "The pokemon abode" @_@.

I was a dumbshit, and thought they were leet. I saw a link here in some shitheads sig (mrTRIP15 and Muthafako [same guy]) and clicked for shits. I ditched the other forum within a week, and went back for a brief period about 3 months later only to gloat. Yay! Porygone also went there...ask her about the newbies.

Well shit, I've been here over a year; doesn't seem like it's been that long.

- - - - -
LP Elian: or, like.. when i was younger, i was hard .. like.. 25/7
LP Elian: i couldn't help it
LP Elian: like.. all elementary school, i had a hard-on

From: I OWN PORNBOT AT CS | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 10-01-2001 06:25 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MAGIC!
From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2001 02:32 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yay! Porygone also went there...

Yay Porygon.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2001 07:46 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyranitar 101:
Not long ago I found this site through Donalds FAQ at Gamefaqs, Came here once and never looked back

Nice to know my spam worked... *dies*

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2001 12:15 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So YOUR donald.
Nice FAQ anyway.

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Quetzalcoatl
Farting Nudist
Member # 411

Member Rated:
posted 10-03-2001 01:24 AM      Profile for Quetzalcoatl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zerot:
I came from the ANT AOL Pokemon MB. Anyone with AOL, go there and laugh your ass off.

I used to go there back in 1998. I found the Geocities link through Dtiggy1's signature.

That place hasn't really changed much...it's still very st00pid since I last left it.

- - - - -
"I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."

From: WTF Capital of U.S of A | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
DarthSidjus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2233

Member Rated:
posted 10-03-2001 05:52 AM      Profile for DarthSidjus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I....just....heard about it, mainly from GameFAQS and #pokebattle.

- - - - -
Smelly.

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 10-03-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had been reading AGNP for a couple months and trying to figure out what in the world they were writing about when I finally got around to checking out the link in Cat-Gonk's infamous sig.

Needless to say, I have picked up most of my info from this site.

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

EeveeTrainer
Farting Nudist
Member # 62

posted 10-08-2001 10:47 PM      Profile for EeveeTrainer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Univeral Pokemon Network's Pokemon Video Game Forums.

~ET

- - - - -
"I am not a geek."
-Fanha

From: New Hope, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.