The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » [FRLG] In-game trades' IVs no longer being preset?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [FRLG] In-game trades' IVs no longer being preset?
Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 01-26-2005 03:49 PM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems that, for some strange reason, the IVs for in-game trade Pokémon in FireRed/LeafGreen are no longer preset...

Today I decided to check on IVs for NINA, and I came up with the following...

Actual Stats (Lv. 100, after being evolved to Nidoqueen, no Effort Points at all)

HP 312
Attack 213
Defense 177
Sp.Att. 177
Sp.Def. 190
Speed 176

Individual Values

HP 22
Attack 25
Defense 18
Sp.Att. 22
Sp.Def. 15
Speed 19

Just for reference, NINA is a Nidorina you can trade for a Nidorino in FireRed, and has a Lonely Nature, or at least it seems so.

I remember In-game trades in Ruby/Sapphire having low preset IVs. SKITTIT, for example... Last time I checked, it has always a Timid Nature, and IVs of 4 in all stats, plus a "bonus" Condition for Contest (Cute condition is already raised to about 50%, and the others to about 25%, while the game tells you it hasn't received any PokéBlocks yet). When you transfer any of the FireRed/LeafGreen in-game trade Pokémon to Ruby/Sapphire, they also get this "bonus" Condition.

Can anyone confirm if IVs for these Pokémon in these are random, or preset with higher values than those in Ruby/Sapphire? I'll try to check CH'DING's IVs later...

Also, I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide a formula to calculate a Pokémon's stats at any level, with any combination of Effort Values.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2005 12:52 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hmmm, interesting...

If I ever get some spare time and can test this myself I'll post results...

-MK

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 01-31-2005 06:39 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I make my NINA out to:
HP: 22
Att: 24 - 25
Def: 16 - 21
Sp Att: 22 or 23
Sp Def: 15 -17
Speed: 18 or 19
( I haven't got it to a high enough level/don't have enough rare candies to be more precise)

This appears to be the same as yours, so I'd say they ARE preset, but not rock bottom like in the past. I'd suspected this abot in-game trades. They not only appear to higher than in the past, they appear to be designed to be good stats for the species. Nidoran females tend to high defenses, and are decent at both normal and special attacks, and what do you know? Nina has a highish HP, Att, and Sp Att to improve her offense.

Here are some others:
MS NIDO (Nidoran female)
[NINA's stats for comparison]
HP: 22 or 23 [22]
Att: 18 [25]
Def: 25 [18]
Sp Att: 13 - 17 [22]
Sp Def: 20 -25 [15]
Speed: 18 - 20 [19]
I'm betting they're the same stats re-arranged to make a defensive pokemon

CH'DING (Farfetched)
HP: 19 or 20
Att: 26
Def: 19 - 21
Sp Att: 13 - 15
Sp Def: 20
Speed: 24 - 26
Notice the distribution is for a (reasonably) fast physical attacker, what you'd normally expect a Farfetched to be.

MIMIEN (Mr Mime)
HP: 20 - 25
Att: 15 or 16
Def: 17
Sp Att: 23
Sp Def: 22
Speed: 24
Here the distribution favors speed, sp att & sp def.

Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2005 04:29 PM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just checked CH'DING's IVs for my version...

Actual Stats at Lv. 100, no Effort Points.

HP 234
Attack 176
Defense 136
Sp.Att. 122
Sp.Def. 149
Speed 149

Individual Values

HP 20
Attack 25
Defense 21
Sp.Att. 15
Sp.Def. 20
Speed 24

With the exception of Attack, all IVs are equal to those of yours... Maybe that's because Attack is affected by the Nature, and leveling up to Lv. 100 to check IVs has an error margin of 1 point in these cases.

Also I find it funny that both Sp.Def. and Speed end up with the same Ability Value at Lv. 100 with no Effort, while Attack and Defense both end in 6.

I guess that proves IVs are preset to higher values than those in Ruby/Sapphire, but then I'd like to know why they didn't make it like this before. >_<

Maybe it has to do with Contest Conditions... ? Since FireRed/LeafGreen don't have them.

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2005 04:55 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or I might have made an error recording CH'DING's EVs, which I hate doing, and am not that good at. If I'm right, and MS NIDO's stats are:

HP: 22
Att: 18
Def: 25
Sp Att: 15
Sp Def: 22
Speed: 19

then they may have picked 25 as their "high stat" for some reason. I suppose it would be too much to ask for an in-game trade pokemon to be pre-set with a max value stat.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2005 09:03 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
25 is a decent IV/DV however...

Do the trade pkmn appear to have random natures?

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-09-2005 12:46 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Believe me, I was quite overjoyed to see the stats on CH'DING. It's worst stat is a little below average, and is a stat it won't be using anyway. The stats it needs most range from fair to quite decent. It usually takes a lot of effort to catch a pokemon that good. My recollection was that, at the same time I became suspicious about the stat distribution on in-game trades, I also thought the natures looked suspiciously apt. I'll try to post the Natures of my traded pokemon shortly, we can compare.
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-09-2005 12:56 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NINA (offensive Nidoran Female): Lonely (110% Att, 90% Def)
MS. NIDO (defensive Nidorina): Bold (90% Att, 110% Def)
CH'DING: Adamant (110% Att, 90% Sp Att); Male
MIMIEN: Timid (90% Att, 110% Speed); Male

The natures perfectly complement the stats, meaning that it would take even more work to find a wild pokemon as good. If it turns out they're random, I'll be surprised.

[ 02-10-2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Bugcatcher Ed ]

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-09-2005 12:59 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think somebody figured out that many players regard the faster experience gain of traded pokemon as a DISadvantage, since you have less time to train them (even thought that's not the problem it once was). If you throw in low stats, the in-game trades are a horrible deal, not worth the effort of catching a junk pokemon to trade in many cases.
Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 02-09-2005 05:37 PM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Natures for the Pokémon I received...

CH'DING (Male Farfetch'd Lv. 3): Adamant - ID 08810, OT ELYSSA (Male)
MS. NIDO (NidoranF Lv. 6): Bold - ID 63184, OT SAIGE (Female)
MIMIEN (Male Mr. Mime Lv. 8): Timid - ID 01985, OT REYLEY (Male)
ZYNX (Jynx Lv. 25): Mild - ID 36728, OT DONTAE (Male)
TANGENY (Male Tangela Lv. 22): Sassy - ID 60042, OT NORMA (Female)
ESPHERE (Electrode Lv. 3): Hasty - ID 50298, OT CLIFTON (Male)
NINA (Nidorina Lv. 16): Lonely - ID 13637, OT TURNER (Male)

I believe the level of the Pokémon you get will be the same of the Pokémon you trade it for. All of them seem to have natures that raise one of the species' highest stat while decreasing one of the lowest (or one the Pokémon probably won't use anyway).

Also I find it funny that CH'DING's OT (ELYSSA) is a male Trainer.

Ah, yes. Gaining a boosted amount of Exp. Points shouldn't be a problem in the Advanced Generation of Pokémon. In fact, that comes in handy, since a Pokémon after it has been fully EV Trained will end up at about Lv. 40, and from that point it won't matter what you fight to continue leveling up.

[ 02-10-2005, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Dark_Togetic ]

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-10-2005 10:13 AM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oops! Forgot to put MIMIEN's nature! I've edited my earlier post to include it, and gender for CH'DING and MIMIEN. This seems pretty definitive. Stats and nature are pre-set. Are the genders the same for yours? Also, I probably haven't gotten there yet (just got Fly HM, still have to beat Grass gym and TR hideout), but where do you get ZYNX, TANGENY and ESPHERE?
Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 02-10-2005 02:35 PM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm... I'll be editing my previous post to include the genders of each Pokémon, I guess...

You get ZYNX in Cerulean City, inside the house next to the Pokémon Center. An old man will ask for a Poliwhirl in trade for it.

Both TANGENY and ESPHERE can be found in Cinnabar Lab's Meeting Room. You will need a Venonat and a Raichu to get them, respectively.

In addition, I'm still missing a Lickitung you can trade for a Golduck, but I forgot the location of the Trainer. There *might* be more missing, though...

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 02-10-2005 03:49 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The gender sample-set is a bit small, but I think it's fair to assume gender is also pre-set. Wasn't there an in-game trade of a Lickitung for a Golduck on Cinnibar Island in the GBC games? BTW, thanks, this thread has been a lot of fun.
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 02-11-2005 12:06 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know when I got the Mr. Mime, it came out male no matter how many times I traded for it...

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

IDLon2000
Farting Nudist
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
posted 03-20-2005 05:33 AM      Profile for IDLon2000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bugcatcher Ed:
The gender sample-set is a bit small, but I think it's fair to assume gender is also pre-set. Wasn't there an in-game trade of a Lickitung for a Golduck on Cinnibar Island in the GBC games? BTW, thanks, this thread has been a lot of fun.

No, the guy was found in the small watch tower building which connects Vermillion to Fuschia and Lavender. A Snorlax could be found nearby, IIRC.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.