The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Another question about berries.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another question about berries.
Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2003 08:59 PM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, so we know that berries can take from 4 to 96 hours to grow. However... How long does it take before they die? Anyone knows this?
I think that would be useful for some players (including myself), so we can plan when to plant them and be able to pick them before they return to the soil (n.ń').

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2003 06:24 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tried experiementing with this a litttle while ago. I planted a Cheri Berry and then didn't pick the berries once they grew. Several days later, I noticed that the plant had reverted back to "growing taller" status.

I'm not sure exactly what happened; perhaps the plant died and then grew again starting from the "planted" status.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2003 06:31 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that happens for a bit, then they die permanently. I thought they would reseed themselves forever too, but after a few days I noticed that ALL berry plants that I hadn't picked, were dead permanently.

Kind of annoying, that. I don't like having to fly all over the world all the time watering, planting, and picking the damn things.

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cullen
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3547

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2003 10:02 AM      Profile for Cullen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe the berries fall off the tree after a certain amount of time and there's a random chance of the berry automatically replanting. Probability ensures that an unattended berry tree will eventually not regrow at all. Generally I've found those berries with higher minimum yields last longer, obviously because more berries dropping off equals a greater chance of regrowth.

Still I've no idea how long it takes for an individual tree to shed its fruit and die but I think it may be constant for all berries (as I haven't observed any berry trees with extra long or short lives).

[ 12-01-2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Cullen ]

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2003 01:18 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have at least 12 hours after they berries are ready to be picked. Also I wanted to bring up that if you keep watering berries such as Spelons, Watmels, Palmtres, etc. 6 to 8 times in one shot, they grow faster, and you always are certain to have 2 berries.

Inspite most of you hate me I am going to give you an honest tip for the help you gave me in the past. Berries seem to grow faster when your near the area you planted them at, so many steps at, and watering them like I mentioned 6-8 times each. The areas where you planted berries that your far away from don't grow as fast and can take longer. If you don't believe me test it out.

Sorry guys I got bored of cracking down on you guys I am having more fun watching what you say about me instead LOL. Glad your finally looking into the berrie part White Cat about time! now its Uiru's turn!

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2003 02:19 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I only water my Lum/Pamtre/Spelon/etc. plants four or five times a day, once each time, and I still always get two berries.
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2003 10:44 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tl;dr:
now its Uiru's turn!

Shut up and stop talking.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2003 12:18 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I water my Lum/Pamtre/Spelon/etc. once per stage, and then a second time when blooming, and always get 2 berries. I'd love to know the details of how this works. I find it quite annoying that berry trees eventually die out permanently. I can just see some poor kid losing his/her only copy of a berry that way!

I'm not sure how exactly how long the berrying stage lasts, but it is, as Tidus says, at least 12 hours. It seems to be the same for all berries.

[ 12-03-2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Bugcatcher Ed ]

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2003 11:38 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's also the recently discovered overflow bug that makes time-based stuff stop working after some number of days (probably 256).

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.