The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » This is weird to me

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is weird to me
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2003 02:53 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I could've sworn that when I tested this shortly after reaching Lilycove I arrived at different results.

I seem to recall that the "Loto Corner" gave you a number that was related to the day, so that if you reset without saving and tried again you would draw the same number. On a whim, I retested this the other day and got different numbers. Sometimes I win, usually I lose. I'm holding out for the EXP. Share; mine has mysteriously disappeared.

So, did I remember wrong, and everyone's cart does this, or does something activate it or what?

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2003 02:38 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi 137,

Seems weird to me. I went to Lilycove, stood in front of the Lotto girl, saved the game, got a ticket, restarted, got a ticket. They were the same number. I did it once more, with the same results. Am I doing something differently from you?

Andrusus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1657

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2003 05:01 PM      Profile for Andrusus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's quite interesting. I think that the difference is that you saved in the department store and 137 didn't.
From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2003 08:25 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Huh, so the number is set upon entering the store, not apon getting the ticket? Interesting.

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2003 11:46 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No I don't know how 137 had that happen, because I left the lottery area exited into the town, then exited the town and still I had the same identical Lottery numbers. I wrote them down on paper so I wouldn't forget the numbers. That is weird. I tried that so many times too. Someone else should try it and see, like exiting the town and rentering.

Did you happen to do a record exchange before you did that? then it changed afterwards?

Your not the only one I lost some items too and I couldn't figure out what happened to them.

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2003 01:40 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, I meant to include this in the original post, but I guess I forgot. I noticed this when I started just outside the store.
To be more clear, the previous day I drew a number and lost. I exited the store, and saved just outside the store, where it puts you if you press no buttons outside the store. I haven't tried exiting the town or anything, because I don't want to screw up whatever made this work. Once I get an Exp. Share I'll be ready to work on it myself. Till then I need you guys.
Oh, and no record trading or sharking or anything weird. My cart is unfucked with, except for the Eon Ticket. ???
Any of you researchers got a ticket yet? It might have something to do with it. Maybe.

Andrusus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1657

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2003 11:52 PM      Profile for Andrusus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe that the Loto number is set the first time in the day that you save. So as long as save before midnight and don't save afterwards it should not be set until you save again. I still have to test this further.

Edit: I've tried this and it seems to be right. I saved yesterday in the department store right by the counter. When I started today I checked the loto reset and checked again. I got different numbers. I reset again and saved and then I kept getting the same numbers.

[ 10-16-2003, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Andrusus ]

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 10-17-2003 04:08 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool. Good work.

Also, I got my Exp. Share today. Woo!

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 10-17-2003 05:19 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
See if you can replicate it tommorow.
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 10-17-2003 09:26 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good find! I will have to give it a shot myself! Should have known the clock in the game had something to do with it.

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.