The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » You'd think someone would have asked this by now...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You'd think someone would have asked this by now...
MasamuneXGP
Farting Nudist
Member # 3412

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 08:48 PM      Profile for MasamuneXGP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This HAS to have been answered somewhere by now, but I can't seem to find it. What are the specifications for Shinies? Is it an IV combination or is it a completely seperate variable now? If it's an IV combo, someone want to enlighten me on the right values?
TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 09:53 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's seperate from all that, I believe. I think it works off of the gender value, which I do know is now different from IVs/DVs.

Offhand, I don't know how it works specifically, and PokeFor is lacking that info so I'm not sure in what direction to point you.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 11:30 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For Gold and Silver and Crystal Gender was determined by the Attack DV...

In Ruby and Sapphire, Gender is NOT assigned by DVs. There is just like a "gender value" the pkmn have...

MasamuneXGP
Farting Nudist
Member # 3412

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2003 12:09 AM      Profile for MasamuneXGP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that much I know... All I really need to know is if the Shiny status is related to anything at all. You said something about it using the same variable as Gender? Does that mean that only male pokes can be shiny or something along those lines? Or is it completely and totally independant from all other values?
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2003 01:37 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I don't know too much about Gender Stats. I know I caught a few shinys. Neither one was a Mirage Pokemon either, and a couple were males. From my experience battling constantly four hours in one spot or catching pokemon for the longest time, I would say the odds are just random. There is no certain mechanics behind it. Kinda like putting a pile of numbers in a hat and shaking it around not knowing what number you will get. There could be more to it, than that maybe but I doubt it.

If you really want a shiny that bad keep staying in one spot. It would take hours or days it really depends, and if your lucky maybe a minute. Probably just want to keep playing around till you get one. You can also save then turn off your game and turn it back on again and try it that way too. I caught most of my rare pokemon that way (saving then if I don't get the pokemon I want I reset and turn the game back on again), and accidently a shiny when I turned on the game. That was just pure luck [Smile]

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

XtreamWarrior53
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3495

posted 08-31-2003 01:28 AM      Profile for XtreamWarrior53     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tidus, your sorda on track. Random species plays one part of it. The Gender ratio plays a huge role if you get a shiny pokemon or mirage pokemon. Females are more than likely to get this ratio. The best ratio for Mirage Pokemon are at "0".

We can't always get a Shiny mirage pokemon. It looks as though there is a ratio number that gives you both shiny and mirage type pokemon.

I am looking for a game shark code to be able to view these values to understand this better. I will keep you people posted

From: Midevil times | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Odnamra Taizem
Farting Nudist
Member # 2689

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2003 06:56 PM      Profile for Odnamra Taizem   Author's Homepage   Email Odnamra Taizem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I'm not mistaken, I remember seeing a post made by xyzman of such nature on Gamefaqs. However, the thread may have been deleted by now, so I'll try to summarize what I can remember from what he posted back then [Razz]

Now, there are 2 hidden variables for each poké, which decide things like Gender Value, nature, trait (should the poké's species have two traits), Spinda's patterns and Unown's shape. How they're decided is still unknown to me, though.

These variables, just like IVs, are set randomly, ranging from 0 to 65535, and cannot be changed.

A pokémon is considered shiny if:

8 > (Var1 xor Var2) xor (ID xor SecID)
("xor" stands for Exclusive Or, bit-wise)

...Well, I suppose most AHers already knew that, but anyway ._.

One curious thing about this: according to the formula, let's suppose a pokémon hatches from an egg incubated by Trainer1 and is shiny. If Trainer1 happened to give the same Egg to Trainer2 and it hatched while being incubated by Trainer2, it wouldn't be shiny anymore...
Well, I wonder if that's true, but it's what I was able to figure out while looking at the formula [Razz] ~

[ 09-03-2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Odnamra Taizem ]

- - - - -
"We did it becuase... we're us!" - Ivan

From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2003 08:18 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To add 2 more things:
Var1 AND 0x00FF = Gender Value
(Var2 shl 16 AND Var1) mod 25 = Traitid
actually i'm not 100% sure about the 2nd anymore i'd have to ckeck it.
Well anyway it's either this or just Var1 mod 25.

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 09-07-2003 03:44 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Pika,

I can't seem to get your Max IV codes to work. I couldn't figure out if you used these codes while catching a pokemon from the wild or if you used these codes while one is already in your party that is wild. I put one code in at a time, seem to have no effect either way.

How do I get these codes to work?

I couldn't find a better explaination on your site so thats why im asking you here. THanks

These codes can help me check my stat caclulator at level 100 to see if it is still on track or not, and test other things. TY

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.