The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Breeding Question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breeding Question
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2003 12:10 AM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So far I've tried breeding my Dustox + Nincada
and my Mightyena + Electrike and they keep saying they don't like each other, no matter which Nincada or Electrike I use, it seems. I've tried 3 or 4 each. Do I need to evolve them first?

My Spinda and Whismur are also saying the same thing, and its really beginning to annoy me <_<

Do I just have jerk pokemon, or am I missing something?

*frustrated* >.<

[ 08-28-2003, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Tenshi no Myu ]

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2003 12:41 AM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey! I think I know this one! When the daycare guy says they don't like each other, it doesn't indicate that they won't breed, just that it will (probably) take longer. When you put two pokemon of compatable types together, it rates how compatable the 2 individuals are based on:

1) Do they have different owner IDs? If so, they get a higher compatability rating.

2) Are they the same species? This also makes them more compatible.

A cycle then begins. After 256 steps, the game checks the compatability rating against a random number, to determine if an egg has been produced. If not, the cycle starts again.

Assuming that you caught or bred these pokemon, since they are different species, you only have about a 1 in 5 chance of getting an egg per 256 steps. You just need to walk around a lot to get an egg.

See http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/index.php?data=breeding/breedRS.php

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2003 12:44 AM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh! In that case... *relieved* ^_^;

It was freaking me out, because my first breeding (Makuhita and Spinda) went without a hitch, and then this streak happened...

Thanks for the help [Smile]

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2003 01:52 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's why if I'm breeding for a move, I'll just raise eggs from the intial parents until I get a male. Then he replaces the old (different species male) parent, and still passes his move. Cause I don't need to be riding back and forth more hours than necessary.
In case it's not obvious, evo-chains don't count as the same species in breeding. If the mother has evolved and you've switched in a baby male to father, you're gonna have to switch in a baby momma, too.

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2003 11:36 AM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone know if illumise and volbeat count as the same species?
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 01:12 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know from experience that if an Illumise has a baby, it is an Illumise if it is female, and a Volbeat if it is male. It is effectively the same species, in the vein of Tauros/Miltank or NidoKing/NidoQueen.
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 01:17 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if Heracross can have silverwind as an egg move?

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 07:01 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX:

10 seconds of looking it up tell me that no, Heracross does not get Silver Wind.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 12:14 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi 137,

I meant are volbeat and illumise the same species as far as the chances of producing an egg per breeding cycle. It would make sense, since they are, as you say, effectively the same species for breeding purposes. I've long since stopped expecting these games to make sense, though. Oh, well, I'll know as soon as I get around to breeding them!

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 02:42 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey bugcatcher yeah definately they can breed! Here just incase you get into another breeding Jam I have the breeding chart for you [Smile]

First of all you probably already know if it says they like eachother it is a faster egg. If they dislike eachother then it is a slower egg. If they are playing with other pokemon then there will be no egg. Just had to get that down

GROUP X: NO EGG GROUP

Azurill Kyogre Metang Solrock

Baltoy Latias Metagross Starmie

Beldum Latios RayQuaza Staryu

Claydol Lunatone Regice Voltorb

Electrode Pichu Regirock Wynaut

igglypuff Magnemite Registeel

Groundon Magneton Shedinja

GROUP 1: PLANT GROUP

Bellossom Gloom Nuzleaf Shiftry

Breloom Lombre Oddish Shroomish

Cacnea Lotad Roselia Tropius

Cacturne Ludicolo Seedot Vileplume

GROUP 2: BUG GROUP

Beautifly Heracross Ninjask Trapinch

Cascoon Illumise Pinsir Vibrava

Dustox Masquerain Silcoon Volbeat

Flygon Nincada Surskit Wurple

GROUP 3 FLYING

Altaria Golbat Swablu Xatu

Crobat Natu Swellow Zubat

Dodrio Pelipper Tailow

Doduo Skarmory Wingull

GROUP 4: HUMAN-SHAPE GROUP
Abra Hariyama Machoke Meditite

Alakazam Illumise Machop Sableye

Cacnea Kadabra Makuhita Spinda

Cacturne Machamp Medicham Volbeat

GROUP 5: MINERAL

Geodude Golem Nosepass Snorunt

Glalie Graveler

GROUP 6: INDETERMINATE (these all cross breed)

Banette Gardevoir Magcargo Swalot

Castform Grimer Muk Weezing

Chimencho Gulpin Ralts Wobuffet

Dusclops Kirlia Shuppet

Duskull Koffing Slugma

GROUP 7: GROUND

Absol Loudred Rhyhorn Torkoal

Blaziken Manectric Sandshrew Torchic

Camerupt Mawile Sandslash Vigoroth

Combusken Mightyena Sealeo Vulpix

Delcatty Ninetales Seedot Wailmer

Donphan Numel Seviper Wailord

Electrike Nuzleaf Shiftry Walrein

Exploud Phanpy Skitty Whismur

Girafarig Pikachu Slaking Zangoose

Golduck Poochyena Slakoth Zigzagoon

Grumpig Psyduck Spheal

Kecleon Raichu Spinda

Linoone Rhydon Spoink

GROUP 8: WATER GROUP 1

Azumarill Gorebyss Marill Seaking

Clamperl Horsea Marshtomp Sealeo

Corphish Huntail Masquerain Spheal

Corsola Kingdra Milotic Surksit

Crawdaunt Lombre Mudkip Swampert

Feebas Lotad Pelipper Walrein

Golduck Ludicolo Psyduck Wingull

GROUP 9 WATER 2

Baroach Gyrados Relicanth Wailord

Carvanha Lanturn Seaking Whiscash

Chinchou Luvdisc Sharpedo

Goldeen Magikarp Wailmer

GROUP 10 Water 3

Anorith Corsola Crawdaunt Tentacool
Armaldo Cradily Lileep Tentacruel
Corphish

GROUP 11: MONSTER GROUP

Aggron Lairon Rhydon Treecko
Aron Loudred Rhyhorn Tropius
Exploud Marshtomp Sceptile Whismur
Grovyle Mudkip Swampert

GROUP 12: FAIRY GROUP

Azumarill Jigglypuff Plusle Snorunt
Breloom Marill Raichu Wigglytuff
Castform Mawile Roselia
Delcatty Minun Shroomish
Glalie Pikachu Skitty

GROUP 13: DRAGON GROUP

ALTARIA GYARADOS MILOTIC SEVIPER

BAGON HORSEA SALAMENCE SHELGON

FEEBAS KINGDRA SCEPTILE SWABLU

GROVYLE MAGIKARP SEADRA TREEKO

Ed and anyone who follows this please note: Some of the same pokemon appear more than once in different groups! Hope this helps!

I followed these breeding groups everytime and so far it has not been wrong.

[ 08-29-2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: TIDUSBLITZABESX ]

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2003 03:58 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tghost:
quote:
Originally posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX:

10 seconds of looking it up tell me that no, Heracross does not get Silver Wind.
2 seconds of common sense thinking tells me that no, Heracross does not get Silver Wind and that yes, Tghost is correct.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2003 01:41 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh sorry TGhost thanks for your help, too bad Silver Wind can't be bred! Go figure it is a bug move and heracross is a bug but it can't learn it? Nintendo didn't take time to make things more realistic. Just like Zubat should be able to learn the HM fly. Oh well...

- - - - -

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2003 03:08 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heracross can learn Megahorn, though.
Oh, sorry Ed. I didn't actually read the whole topic that last time (or the title, apparently) before replying. I must've just read the new post and answered. In my game, they "don't seem to get along." So, they're different species. Soory.

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2003 01:10 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
137 they can still breed if they don't get along that was what I was telling ed. I had the old man say that to me when I was breeding ralts with a Dosclops. They still breed trust me. As long as they are in the breeding list I listed above they will breed,. The only time they don't breed is when they the old man says "Your pokemon are doing fine, but they seem to be playing with others".

If they are playing others then that is when it is not a breed.

- - - - -

XtreamWarrior53
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3495

posted 08-31-2003 01:19 AM      Profile for XtreamWarrior53     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Any type of cross-breeds will always dislike eachother. It will work as long as the pokemon are in the right breeding group. The Breeding Groups listed above that Tidus posted is correct. You also can find this information at www.gamefaqs.com.
From: Midevil times | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2003 12:26 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know they still breed. Lots of different species can still breed. I was just saying that they aren't the same species, so the egg will take longer to show up.
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2003 03:11 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which is what I was asking about. Thanks 137, that's what I wanted to know.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.