The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Image Elevation of Flying Pokemon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Image Elevation of Flying Pokemon
MasamuneXGP
Farting Nudist
Member # 3412

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2003 05:24 PM      Profile for MasamuneXGP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heya again dudes! I'm doing a bit of research on the exact elevation of Pokemon that appear in battle with a shadow under them. My initial reseach seemed to indicate that all Pokemon were either elevated 8 pixels or 16 pixels. However, I just recently noticed a few that broke this rule, namely Flygon and Moltres, which are 3 and 5 pixels elevated respectivly. I also noticed that the elevation levels were different in Double Battles.

So, my question is, does anyone have any information or a link to a page with information on this topic? I'm looking for exactly pixel elevation for use in NetBattle.

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2003 01:18 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't get it. You're talking about the actual picture on the GBA screen?
Is NetBattle graphical? I didn't know anyone made things like that for online (pokemon) play.
Sorry, though. I have no useful info. My eyes are awesome, but I'd get eyestrain counting pixels for every poke's elevation in 2v2. You're not paying me enough for that.

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2003 01:50 AM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yah, Netbattle is graphical. Its not a bad program, either, now that they've worked most of the bugs out. ^^

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2003 05:35 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're talking pixel differences on a GBA Screen.

Nobody notices the difference.

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2003 05:40 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, I went and got it. This question was for R/S, but the program is for G/S.
Are you waiting to get everything perfect before releasing it? Or did I download the wrong thing? Cause I just went ahead like a jackass . . .
And I never really learned everything in GSC. But I think I might be able to pull off some stuff in RS.

[ 08-25-2003, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: 137 ]

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
MasamuneXGP
Farting Nudist
Member # 3412

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2003 06:40 PM      Profile for MasamuneXGP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just to clear up any confusion: NetBattle 0.9.0 will be fully released shortly. It contains basically our final build of GSC, as well as the Ru/Sa graphics (including the background). We're currenlty having a testing marathon to zap the last of the bugs in GSC. 0.9.1 will follow shortly, which will include Ruby/Sapp gameplay. I would tell you HOW shortly, people tend to misinterpret that as an actual release date, so I won't. Just trust that it'll be here sooner than you think. Also, 137, you can help test 0.9.0 if you'd like, the testers forum just went public in hopes of pinning down the last of the runtime errors.

As for the elevation, I went and checked myself you lazy people! lol j/k, it's our program, we should be expected to do the grunge work anyway.

[ 08-28-2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: MasamuneXGP ]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.