The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Am I missing something?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I missing something?
MasamuneXGP
Farting Nudist
Member # 3412

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2003 02:49 PM      Profile for MasamuneXGP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
um, what exactly is the point of the move Flatter? It causes confusion and raise SPECIAL attack 2 levels. The OPPONENT's special attack. How on earth does that hinder the opponent in any way?
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2003 03:01 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could flatter your partner (who would be immune to confusion or have a confusion curing berry) in a 2v2.
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2003 04:10 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think somebody figured there should be a special version of swagger. The fact that there's no synergy either didn't occur to them, or wasn't important to them. Heh, I like the idea of flattering your own pokemon. Can you flatter or swagger your own pokemon? The other use would be to flatter pokemon that are unlikely to use a special attack.
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2003 04:19 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well if they do end up hitting themselves out of confusion it is probably well worth it. I say it is a good pokemon catching move. I would just use protect after Flatter or Swagger to be safe. Check flatter for the contests! I don't know what it does yet but it could be a startling move.

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2003 05:16 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me ask this: Are you going to Swagger a Rhydon?

It's an alternate confusion move for Pokemon who tend to use a lot of physical attacks.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2003 07:01 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nooooo!!!!! It was a surfing Rhydon!!!!! [Big Grin] Seriously, what Donald said
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2003 11:50 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Rhydon can do much damage to himself with his defense. To think of it, that is kinda scary if he is able to hit you after swagger. A pretty powerful pokemon. Probably better off using swagger on a pokemon that uses allot of special attacks.

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2003 12:13 AM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
._.

Yes, the idea of Flatter is to give more pokemon the ability to confuse yet not screw themselves against some pokemon like Medicham/Zangoose with already excellent attacking ability.

It's quite useful for Slowbro in 2v2 as Brain suggested.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2003 12:55 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
makes sense. Speaking of Medicham I guess I can breed an Abra with it to pick up Ice punch, fire punch, and thunder punch! time to go to evergrand city and catch some pokes.

[ 08-13-2003, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: TIDUSBLITZABESX ]

- - - - -

dAyWaLkEr
Farting Nudist
Member # 3343

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2003 12:14 PM      Profile for dAyWaLkEr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
too bad in playing 200 you can only swagger/flatter spinda or grumpig in 2v2 battles.

good for UU battles i suppose unless you play 386

- - - - -
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.