The Azure Heights Forum


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Rte 119 pokemon distrubution

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rte 119 pokemon distrubution
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2003 02:11 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi folks,

Does anyone know what the distribution of pokemon is for different kinds of rods in feebas bearing portions of Rte 119? I'm particularly interested in diagnostic differences. For example, if I catch a tentacool with an Old rod, can I assume that I'm not in a feebas area?

From: Phenac | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2003 05:58 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Bug Catcher, I caught quite a few Feebas in my last game. Old rods or good rods won't make a Feebas appear. Wait for the Super Rod from Mosseep city, then you have to constantly check different locations on route 119. Once you catch a Feebas that is the spot they are at. Spotty pokemon! I heard that the location of Feebas depend on what the cool saying is with the Guy at Dewford. I chose Battle Strategy as a saying and I always caught Feebas just across the house where there is a pile of windgulls and a girl inside. Then there is another kid outside. You have to swim left to the other side and fish right next to the fisherman.

I am not 100% sure on if the saying effects the location but if it does then you should be all set [Smile]

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

From: RI | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andrusus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1657

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2003 06:01 PM      Profile for Andrusus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can catch feebas with any rod, but feebas isn't exclusive to its spot so fish in each spot a few times
From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2003 06:07 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I caught Feebas in the same spot every day in my game it never changed. I caught a pile of them to see if I could get Mirage pokemon out of them. If the saying at Dewford makes a difference then the spot with the saying that I used would be where I said, but if not then the spot will be different no matter what. I never was able to catch a Feebas with an old rod or a good rod. I guess it can be done. Did you test this Andrusus? did you use every rod? Did you change the sayings at Dewford? He would be taking a shortcut if the sayings at dewford make a difference instead of constantly relocating all over 119, that is quite a pain.

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

From: RI | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2003 06:54 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My understanding of how it works (remember that I haven't caught a feebas yet):

Feebas can only be caught by fishing on Route 119.

Only a few "tiles" on Route 119 have feebas at any given time.

Feebas can be caught with any rod on those tiles.

Feebas is by far the most common pokemon on those tiles.

The initial location of those tiles is randomized, different for each person's game.

Changing the saying in Dewford moves the location of the feebas tiles.

Also, I think, but from no reliable source:

Changing the Dewford saying may re-randomize the location of the feebas tiles, or at least change them depending on the person's game. In other words, I don't think using another person's Dewford words will necessarilly have the same effect in one's game. I'll try to test this, though, based on TIDUSBLITZABESX's input.

Feebas tiles use their own distribution tables, but these follow the general pattern:

Old Rod: 70%/30%
Good Rod: 60%/20%/20%
Super Rod: 40%/40%/15%/4%/1%

So, for example, it could be set up so that fishing with a good rod in a feebas tile gives you a 60% chance of catching a feebas, a 20% chance of catching a tentacool, and a 20% chance of catching a carvanha, or an 80% chance of feebas (60% +20%), and a 20% chance of cavanha, etc. If I'm right in this assumptions, it means that an Old Rod has either a 70% or a 30% chance of catching a feebas (my information leads me to believe 70%) and the remaining pokemon will only be one type, probably either magikarp or tentacool. So, if I knew which type wasn't there, and I caught it, I could move on immediately to another tile. So, there's my working theory, anyway.

From: Phenac | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2003 10:41 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I need the ability waterfall to get to the Feebas in this game. I tried all stations except for up the waterfall. I put in the same saying as last game they were not in the same spot. Though I had to try everywhere anyway so it wasn't really a waist of time.

[ 08-09-2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: TIDUSBLITZABESX ]

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

From: RI | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged


All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem


The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.