next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » IV Calculator

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IV Calculator
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2003 10:13 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wondering, being as I am extremely math-challenged, if there was anything out there that allows you to type in the numbers for each stat and your pokemon's level, and then will tell you what it's base IVs are?

Like if my Raichu's attack is 270 at lv100, I type that in and it tells me what its IV is. Is there program like that?

Because I look at the equations for figuring out base stats and just can't seem to figure them out. x_x;

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2003 10:33 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tenshi no Myu, here's a thing to help ye...

Maybe you can help me out, I don't think I've seen the stat formula, give me a link to it could ya? Thanks...

Here's what you need:

http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/index.php?data=php/classes/calcIVs.php

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2003 01:16 AM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw them in a GameFAQs FAQ:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_trainer.txt

About halfway down the page.

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2003 11:15 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah thats the page that I went by. I have all the formulas inputted into Excel, if you have Excel I can send you the stat calculator! Thanks to my friend Vargas from RPGamer. If anyone needs the calculator and has excel I can send it to anyone as an attachment through email. IT shows up to IVs of 31, and works with EVs up to 252. My friend got it directly from the website and put it into excel so you wouldn't always have to write out the entire equation to figure it out.

Just need your email and you must have Ms Excel [Smile]

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2003 12:23 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a copy of TidusBlitz's project.

My application is also available for giveaway (current version = 5.56e), if anyone wishes to compare the two. It's also Excel, but comes as a ZIP so that I can pack it with font files for the ease of anyone that might not have those fonts.

213K zipped, 616K unzipped (of which pkutility.xls accounts for 476K).

[ 08-06-2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Jolt135 ]

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2003 12:38 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are we talking R/S? Bear in mind to calculate a pokemon's IVs:

The stat must be unimproved or
You must know the exact EVs for that stat

Also, you must either carefully check its possible IV range while levelling up, or have it at a high level (I'm thinking 100).

[ 08-06-2003, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Bugcatcher Ed ]

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2003 12:55 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The DV Finder works for any of the three modes.

It wil calculate a range of DVs for EV information that's as specific as "I know all six exact values", or as vague as "I completely lost track" (though the latter won't usually yield much information). Put in your Pokemon, level, mode, nature (for RS), stats, and as much as you know about its EVs, and the range will pop up for you.

I know of at least three more ways to refine the search that aren't already implemented, but it gives off fair enough results with what I have, and I want the two-year (2003/08/03) update to last a while before it, too, is obsoleted.

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2003 03:29 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TIDUSBLITZABESX, Jolt135,

Are your IV finders available somewhere for download?

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2003 05:04 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No not to download but I got it from a source from RPGamer, who picked it off the website that Tenshi No Myu took a look at with all the equations. What the person did was they plugged in the formulats into Excel and like Jolt says it has all the different personalities. It won't work if i copy it on here but if I can email it to someone I can show whoever wants it.

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2003 11:11 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's more than a DV finder, anyway. That was merely the 5th and most recent feature to be plugged in.

And by the way, now it is online.

[ 08-07-2003, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Jolt135 ]

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2003 11:26 AM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Jolt135,

FYI, I'm getting a place-holder page at your geocities url.

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2003 02:59 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah thats what I really was looking for Jolt. Thanks for posting it online.

I viewed cats too his has a ton of stuff I haven't figured out how to use that one yet.

- - - - -

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2003 03:59 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
_Can_ be used as an IV finder:

http://www.angelfire.com/games2/LanderZ/rusacalcs.html

Just, as stated, need to know either IV, or exact effort value. It's not as handy a DV finder as it is a final-stat finder, but it can still be used as such.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.