The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Personalities & Eggs

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Personalities & Eggs
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2003 01:49 AM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is the Personality of an Egg calculated when the egg is made, or when it hatches? I'm thinking the Egg already has the finalized stats for everything inside before hatching, am I right?

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2003 02:09 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In GSC the stats were calculated once the egg was received, IIRC. I suspect the same with RS.
From: Auburn, WA, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Odnamra Taizem
Farting Nudist
Member # 2689

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2003 09:14 PM      Profile for Odnamra Taizem   Author's Homepage   Email Odnamra Taizem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think personalities are passed down, but IVs are. Regardless, everything is calculated upon leaving a compatible couple to the Daycare guys, or upon accepting/refusing an Egg, just like it was in GSC.

- - - - -
"We did it becuase... we're us!" - Ivan

From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2003 10:49 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I got some information from people that did allot of breeding. I can answer your question with 100% certainty. It does not matter what your parents stats are or personalities if they are wild parents. The egg babies stats varry, they can be real sucky or be descent, or real good. Personalities are totally random. However if you re breed and use the egg babies as parents then the next generation can't get any higher IVs than their parents. So the best way if you care about stats is to keep the wild ones breeding. It is difficult sometimes to get the personality you want. I tried something, I fed both parents Red blocks with Adamant and lonely personalities.. Enough to pick up the red ribbon. When I bred them I got mostly Adamant, lonely, Naughty, Lax, impish, and Relaxed breeds. I rarely came up with modest and rash personalities.

I got allot of information on this topic and spend a total of 10 hours breeding so I figured out allot from it, combined with other people who did allot of breeding. You can try my advice and see if it works. I would have 50 rare candies available to test the pokemons IVs to see which is the most highest in the stat you want high. [Smile]

[ 07-30-2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: TIDUSBLITZABESX ]

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 01:33 AM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So Pokeblocks that are fed to the parents can affect/direct the offspring's personalities? That makes them so much more useful! [Smile]

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 10:32 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can't get higher stats than the parents?

Didn't Meowth346 say that 3/4 stats are carried down (completely random, can overwrite, so you'd have the same one carried down over and over), and the rest random? It wouldn't make sense that the baby has no chance of getting higher stats...

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 10:41 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"The stats of the baby depend partly on the stats of both parents. The baby inherits three Individual Values from its parents. It might inherit its father's Speed and Special Defense and its mother's Defense, or it may inherit its father's Hit Points and mother's Attack and Speed, or any other combination. Sometimes the same stat is inherited twice, causing the baby to inherit only two Individual Values from its parents."
So sayeth Meowth, whose word is beyond dispute.

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2003 10:00 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I meant was if you breed two wild pokemon the stats can be much better or worse. Though after you breed two eggs, one male and one female. IF you breed those babies you won't get any better stats than the babies stats. If you stick the wild parents you can get Max IVs. I Bred a Slakloth rare candied it up to level 50 allowing it evolve to Slaking. With An Adamant Personality or Lonely I hit 198 at level 50 for Attack. He was close to max stats but was not. Just off though.

I Bred a Kadabra up to Level 50 (didn't want to keep trading and testing Alakazams) and Hit it's Close to or Max Special Attacks.

Without Bonus 140 SPC Atack IVs
With Special Bonus 156 IVs
With Special stat penalty 126 IVs

If I wanted several of them with nearly maxed out IVs I kept breeding the babies! IT works! Then I sent it on over to Saphire to get a powerful Alakazam there.

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 06:13 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The implication (of meowth's notes) is that while 3 or 4 of the stats will be inherited from the parents, the other 3 or 2 will be randomly generated. This would be the case regardless of whether the parents are caught in the wild or raised from an egg.
That's all I'm saying. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 08:23 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never bred a higher stat by breeding two egg babies. I spent 10 hours on the game clock trying to do that, it never happened. I am not saying he is wrong I just haven't witnessed this yet. I am 100% certain that I never went past the egg babies stats. If anyone has witnessed this let me know, i want to figure out how you did it.

I have a website where it also explains my theory. I think after section 2.2. This guy says that Breeding is not the same as G/S/C that the egg babies stats are random, but the egg babies stats are set in stone unlike their wild parents. Here is the website more on that and he also says that you can't breed past the offsprings stats. Sounds like there are two theories here and only one of them is right. Anyway here is the website to pick apart and see for yourself.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_trainer.txt

[ 08-01-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: TIDUSBLITZABESX ]

- - - - -

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2003 09:00 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link didn't work (after the edit).
NidoKing
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1638

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 01:14 AM      Profile for NidoKing     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in on this topic as well...

Here is the way breeding works as I understand it, based on what I've read on the internet and my personal experience:

- When an egg is created, the baby inherits 2 stat genes from each parent.

- The same gene may be inherited from each parent, in which case one of them overwrites the other. This results in pokemon babies being able to have anywhere from 2(if both parents pass the same 2 genes) to 4(if both parents pass completely different genes) stat genes inherited from it's parents.

- All of the remaining stat genes are generated randomly just like wild pokemon.

- Whether or not the parents were caught wild or hatched from eggs makes absolutely no difference.

It is very difficult to see the differences between egg babies after they are hatched because their genes have very little impact on the final stat values at low levels. Raising them to level 20~25 using rare candies (so the don't gain any effort values) is usually good enough to get a decent estimate of what their stat genes are.

From: West Virginia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2003 11:38 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well how I tested it. I had a Female Slakloth that hit 198 in for IVs letting it evolve to Slaking using rare candies. The problem was I didn't want a female for the pokemon I wanted to raise. So I needed a Male. For whatever reason it took forever to get the Male to have 198 IVs. My point is whenever I used the egg babies to breed, the new male egg babies did not inherith any higher than their Male parent. So I had to go back to the wild father which I kept and eventually I got what I wanted. A 198 adamant Male for Attack. That is why I had believed that only Wild parents could give you higher stat egg babies.

Now the confusion is you guys say It doesn't matter who the parents are, but this guy on the website I had posted said that it does matter and he also said it is better to breed your pokemon for max stats instead of trying to catch one in the wild. IF someone has a chance to read his website you will see what I am saying. This guy is also a Pokemon Pro. A member of GameFaqs.

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.