The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » More Questions on Mirage Island...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More Questions on Mirage Island...
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2003 03:46 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright I ran across a few websites, some people say it is nonsense that there is actually a Mirage Pokemon that even exists that you must wait a month for Mirage Island to be Revealed.

Then we have the Gender Values that make a good Mirage Pokemon.

My Question is must you have a Mirage Pokemon in the first place?

The Gentleman Type character standing next to the old man in Pacifidlog Town says Mirage Island can appear with change of Weather, so does that mean if you can wait for some type of weather change you might see it?

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2003 06:06 PM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you just need a part (word) of pokemondata (a part of that is the gender value) to match with the mirage island seed of the day.

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2003 11:43 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I bred 107 different Ralts. Took them to the old guy and not one was a Mirage Pokemon. I also went through all my boxes again which is 10 different boxes of all pokemon. This has to be as rare as winning the Lottery at Lilycove. Maybe if you have a pokemon that can win the Lottery that same pokemon finds Mirage Island?

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2003 10:48 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Except the lottery is based on ID numbers, so it's not that easy.
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2003 02:22 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Gentleman Type character standing next to the old man in Pacifidlog Town says Mirage Island can appear with change of Weather

That's probably just the trite way to explain "why it is there sometimes and why sometimes it isn't"

Is it really based on your gender value as to when it appears? Cause is so, like said above, breed for like 100 different Pikachu and then show them all to the dude...

Can anyone confirm it's gender value that makes the island appear?

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2003 08:49 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was told that the gender stat is a hidden stat too. So it is a constant guessing game which pokemon has the proper gender stats you need. I am now up to my 136th pokemon in breeding plus all the pokemon I already have. That is well over 300 (10 boxes filled). They all fail, this is got to be extremely rare I don't see how the Lottery is more rare than Mirage Island at this point. Heck I might even try my odds with the Power Ball LOL.

- - - - -

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2003 12:18 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pika did you find Mirage Island you never answered my question?

I mean so far no one has said they have even gotten on the Island so how does anyone know for sure that you need a Mirage Pokemon? This could be just a Rumor? I have been through 350 pokemon. There is just no way that not one of them had a High Gender stat. Been tested for 3 days everyday, adding more and more pokemon.

Anyone set foot on this Island? please if anyone has made it to Mirage Island post here!

- - - - -

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2003 04:05 AM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, remember that the needed value changes every day. If I recall correctly, two different bytes of the pokémon's data need to match the "Mirage Number" for the day in order for it to appear.

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2003 09:11 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX:
They all fail, this is got to be extremely rare I don't see how the Lottery is more rare than Mirage Island at this point.

Because there's a 1 in 65536 chance chance every week for every different ID number in your party.

And unless you cheat, you'd have to link up with 65536 crats with different ID numbers to have a guaranteed chance of success.

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2003 05:21 PM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay one and hopefully final explaination:

-MirageIsland is not dependant on Pokemon's ID, but a comination of gengervalue and an other byte with also determine (at least to some extent) gender, personality, shinyness and encryption this value will be random. 0000-FFFF
-MirgaeIsand seed changes every day if i remember correctly

it's more likely than winning at the lottery because you will have about 200 different "miragevalues" if you have 200 pokemon.

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2003 05:22 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone stepped foot on the Island? You guys still haven't gotten there yet huh? I went through all my pokemon before Midnight now as many as 400 of them, then went through them again after Midnight (before the day changes). Nothing still.

I have to pick this theory apart about Gender Stats and being daily. I will explain.

At the beginning when you start the game you do set the date for settings, you don't set the day on settings, the only thing you set is the time on the clock.

How is this going to judge a day? It doesn't have the year, the day of the week, and the month.

So I am losing my beliefs on it having anything to do with the day. I understand the tides change in one spot but that is according to the time you punched in on the clock when you first start the game.

I am not sure and I am going to try this but I gathered clues around Pacidlog town about why the built the city and where it is for the reason of REGICE. So I figure maybe if I catch REGICE it might unlock Mirage Island? Reason being for one it does play a factor in the tides I think, and I think it has to do with weather not sure on that, and it's location. I could be wrong but why try to get a pokemon that would be mirage specific if it is something more simple than that?

I am going to try it anyway. Probably won't work but anything is worth a shot at this point.

I still have a feeling having a Mirage pokemon is just a rumor though. Something doesn't seem right about it.

- - - - -

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2003 07:53 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Regardless of how you think it works, people have taken apart the ROM and looked at the game's code, and have figured out exactly which conditions that the game checks for when determining the presence of Mirage Island. So go ahead and catch Regice... Maybe if you're lucky, it'll even be a Mirage Pokémon for that day.

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2003 11:46 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your right it didn't work. IT was still worth trying than not trying at all. IT is a pain to get. What I mean by having better chances of winning the Lotter at Lilycove is you have to catch so many for Gender stats right? Well all that time catching you could end up catching an ID no. winner for the lottery before you find the Max Gender Mirage Pokemon. I didn't waist time catching any of the 3 Legendaries. It is one thing out of the way.

Maybe theres a better chance of catching Mirage max gender pokemon in the area where Mirage Island is suppose to appear? I guess it is something to try anyway.

- - - - -

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2003 11:49 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know that it wasn't just some rumor spread over the net. I thought it was bigger than that. My guide also says you have to have a Mirage Pokemon. It shows Mirage Island and what it looks like in the guide. I hate it though because it is very vague on that issue.

- - - - -

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2003 11:31 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well i wan not there legally (i have bad luck at these things) but i hacked my way there [Big Grin] (only on emulator though, I don't like cheating on my actual cart)

TIDUSBLITZABESX - when I first got to mirage isand that was on vba without the clock working. Well the day was always 0001 here - so I made a gs-code (without checking on a real cart big mistake *duh*) I got like 3654567 emails about the code not working correctly. I wordered why and after some time i found out the seed changes.

Also remember: 1/65536 chance so with 400 Pokemon... your chance is 0.6084973294613639536709244917% to get on mirage Island (yeah, i'm pretty sure it's NOT 400/65536 - it might sound strange but it's probability calculation so ^^ don't worry)

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2003 01:29 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah I could easily Use gameshark to get there but not one part of the game for Ruby has been sharked. I like to play it through normally at least once. I could of used a code to get there by now if so. I just want to get there on my own and play the rest of the game that way. Shark makes the game allot less fun. I feel if you shark one part of the game you might as well shark the entire game since it has already been done.

So im keeping my game clean. I don't have a rom to play around with lol.

I feel like asking what pokemon did that person use to get there, or to have a mirace specific pokemon. Maybe certain types of pokemon get the gender stat easier than others? Who knows?

- - - - -

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2003 03:29 PM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that's not the case, species does not matter it's really just about some supid ranom value compared with an other random value. i got there by using a shiny lv 0 bulbasaur with maxivs 43 ribbons and psychic as it's only attack [Big Grin] , yup i love playing around with my data

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2003 07:38 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you went to the old man at Pacifidlog Town and brought out your first 6 Pokemon and he says "I can't see MIRAGE Island today". Do you have to wait till tommorrow to talk to him again or will he say he sees if if you pick out the last back of pokemon for him to look at and it is a Mirage Pokemon?

I mean should I save the game before I go and talk to him and if he says he can t see it to reset the game and put in a new set? Or can I just do it without having to reset the game? Does it change the randomness each time I reset the game?

- - - - -

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2003 11:49 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no one knows if you have a one shot deal or not to talk to the old man at Pacifid Log Town per day to find Mirage Island? I just want to know if it works like the Lily Cove lottery not the values part I mean how the lady will only give you a lottery ticket once a day, if that is so for talking to the old man at Mirage Island? Or can you just keep talking to him after you have new pokemon in your party? please answer if someone knows...

- - - - -

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2003 05:58 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*mäh* this is getting tedious.
you can i think. at least you can actually get on mirage island. the old man really isn't important he's just there for you to check if you can get there faster.

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2003 02:04 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh I can see how it would get boring. My appoligies ! I know this is one of the biggest questions in Pokemon that most other things. So I figured I would try to find as much as I can. Oh well you answered my question as best you could thanks...

- - - - -

XtreamWarrior53
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3495

posted 08-31-2003 01:43 AM      Profile for XtreamWarrior53     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have made it to Mirage Island without sharking or any tricks. I can give an explaination for those who have time.

First off it seems you guys already know about a type of ratio you need. This is true. Now another thing is it is more than likely that a female gets this ratio.

The rumor I heard about only being able to use Psycic pokemon is nonsense. Psycic can be used but not common enough, and probably would take months.

You go to an area, where a type of pokemon is common (Spindas, Zigagoons, Whismurs, Duskulls/Shuppets). Now get out your snickers bar because the next part is going to take a while.

It doesn't matter which type of balls you want to use. I used Nest balls they seem to work well for those common type. I would get as many balls as you can get though as if you were going to catch a legendary.

Make sure you have at least 4 Boxes available because your going to be filling them up. Now Save your game at the area that you plan to be catching.

Now go to the desired spot, keep catching female pokemon. Then have the old guy check your pokemon at pacifid log town. IF they all fail, restart the game and your back to the area where you caught the pokemon the first time around.

This worked for me, I made it to mirage Island. it wasn;t easy at all. It was so random it took me 5 days to finally get a Mirage type pokemon.

That is the only way I know how to get there. Good Luck to you all on this!

[ 08-31-2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: XtreamWarrior53 ]

From: Midevil times | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.