my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Effort Ribbon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Effort Ribbon
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2003 08:42 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is it for? Here is my assumption:
You get one when a particular stat has had its fill of Effort Values, and battling for more of that EV will no longer benefit your stat. You get a second one when you have filled another stat all the way.
I would just go with that assumption as though it were correct, but . . .
When I got Absol right after Forttree he immediately became my bruiser. This means that he fought everybody and everything, and because of that he probably absorbed all types of EVs, and not just his fill of two particular stats, to the exclusion of all others. But, he has 2 Effort Ribbons. This is contrary to my understanding, as I read that there is only about enough room for EVs to fill 2 stats, plus 2 or 3 more EVs for mistakes or whatever. The chances that my Absol would only get EVs for just 2 of the stats by accident are quite small. So, if anyone has an insight . . .
Thanks.

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2003 10:23 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think you get one for getting the 510 max Ev.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2003 06:36 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1)But you do get one when just one stat is filled?
2)Then do you get a second one when you fill a second stat?
3)And a third one for those 2 or 3 extra points?

Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2003 11:29 PM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No. You get one when you've reached the maximum Stat Exp of 510. Not when you've filled up one stat, although if you max out two stats you're almost there.
From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2003 03:25 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, so, you get one (ribbon) after you've filled 2 stats completely (plus the (what is it) 3 extra Effort Points)? That's good to know. Because my Lanturn has been collecting ash (against only Spindas) for 45 levels now.
Yeah, so it turns out that I'm mentally disabled, because I finally today saw the Ribbons thing under Pokenav, and learned how to check ribbons. And found out that the other ribbon that Absol earned was for winning the game against the E4. So, the short bus will be picking me up tomorrow. Sorry. But I finally get it. So it's not a waste of my time.
And if I'm not the last person in the world to understand this EV system, then I won't delete the thread. Perhaps others can learn from my stupidity. Thanks for your help.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.