The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Dot out of nowhere, possibly Pokérus related...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dot out of nowhere, possibly Pokérus related...
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2003 08:53 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A member of my home board said that she noticed her Swellow had a little 2x2pixel box between the type of Pokéball she used and Swellow's level. She also found that three other Pokémon had the dot and she didn't know what it was. I didn't know for sure and thought it might have indicated that the Pokémon had gotten over Pokérus (I searched for documentation to make sure but I could not locate any.) She said that might have been it, but she didn't even notice that they had it. (It's possible she missed the nurse telling her about it.)

So anyway, is this dot indicative of having had Pokérus or not?

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2003 09:23 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since Pokerus is indicated as a status on the screen, I doubt that'd be it.

I lost all my Pokerus victims to a restart, so I can't check either way.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2003 11:43 PM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That dot indeed means your Pokémon has had and gotten over Pokérus. It's now immune to it as well.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2003 04:26 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In GSC, even though you were PokéRus immune, with the dot you still got the bonus stat experience gain... My guess is the same still holds true in Ruby and Sapphire...
Team Rocket Elite
Farting Nudist
Member # 3154

posted 05-19-2003 03:34 PM      Profile for Team Rocket Elite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's completely unrelated to Pokerus. I checked a couple of my Pokémon that have gotten over Pokérus. None of them have the dot. Also in RS your Pokémon DOESN'T become immune to Pokérus. It can catch it again and again. This probably means that Pokérus only works when you actually have it now.
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2003 04:16 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Team Rocket Elite:
It's completely unrelated to Pokerus. I checked a couple of my Pokémon that have gotten over Pokérus. None of them have the dot. Also in RS your Pokémon DOESN'T become immune to Pokérus. It can catch it again and again. This probably means that Pokérus only works when you actually have it now.

Hmmm... OK, then. Thanks.

So, any idea what it's for?

[ 05-19-2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: PikachuThunder ]

Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2003 10:49 PM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Weird..'cause all the Pokémon that have had Pokérus on mine have the dot after it's gone and haven't been able to recatch it.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2003 11:07 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that the dot really does come from having "gotten over" the Pokérus, maybe your Pokémon that don't have the dots never got the Pokérus in the first place. Maybe you turned the game off without saving, etc...

My friend who had the Pokérus I think his pokes now have dots...

Team Rocket Elite
Farting Nudist
Member # 3154

posted 05-19-2003 11:37 PM      Profile for Team Rocket Elite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope. I am currently training a Vigoroth. Yesterday, I hatched a Slakoth, infected it with Pokérus, attached a Macho Brace and maxed out its EV. Trained it to Lv50, smashed the Battle Tower for a ribbon. Then trained to Lv57. Also none of the Pokémon I have trained(all have had Pokérus at one point) have a dot. My Blaziken has been infected with Pokérus well over 7 times. So I doubt it has anything to do with Pokérus.
Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2003 01:00 AM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to linsult or anything, but you ARE looking in the right spot for the dot..right? Right next to it's level?

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2003 04:01 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had no idea Sakura was a boy's name...

...and a Modest female Synchronize shiny Guardevoir? Nice. [Razz]

Oh, and I have a Kirlia in my Sapphire game from my Ruby game, but it doesn't say that it was recieved in a trade.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Barrierd
I have a colony of shrimp living in my bladder
Member # 3132

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2003 05:18 AM      Profile for Barrierd   Email Barrierd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it possible that Pokemon, after getting PokeRus, randomly develop an immunity to it? If so, it could explain some things (except for the thing about getting a dot seemingly without getting PokeRus).

- - - - -
Where are my bitches

From: Victoria, B.C., Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2003 06:18 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Obtained in a trade means that that's a sharked pokemon. Due to the secret ID, whenever you trade a sharked PKMN to another game, the game will know, and say obtained in a trade.

Go away, you R a sharker.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2003 03:24 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But to easily get such a screenshot implies an emulator, which means they can't battle people, which means they can more or less shark to their heart's content. They aren't ruining the game for anyone else, they're just ruining it for themselves.

But wait, it was traded... Where DID that screenshot come from?
~Uiru

[ 05-20-2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2003 04:50 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire, presumably.

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2003 05:47 PM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that did indeed come from an emulator.

"Obtained in a trade" is one of the many unobtainable "caught" locations, like "Inside Truck" "Secret Base" etc.

I guess "obtained in a trade" might be what appears on PCNY Pokémon..[EDIT] Duh, I forgot. It's for Pokémon you get from in-game trades.

Actually, altering a Pokémon's secret ID won't effect if it says it's caught location or not. Just so long as the OT name and ID match yours.

I won't try to justify myself of such obvious cheating. I have redeeming qualities on Pokémon but eh, hate me if you want, I don't care. The topic was bout Pokérus wasn't it? Can't anyone confirm the "dot" or not?

[ 05-20-2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Haruka ]

Team Rocket Elite
Farting Nudist
Member # 3154

posted 05-20-2003 06:55 PM      Profile for Team Rocket Elite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to linsult or anything, but you ARE looking in the right spot for the dot..right? Right next to it's level?

Yep. I'm looking in the right spot. No dot.

Is it possible that Pokemon, after getting PokeRus, randomly develop an immunity to it? If so, it could explain some things (except for the thing about getting a dot seemingly without getting PokeRus).

Well, I've infected 20-30 Pokémon with it so far, none have developed a dot. My Blaziken has had Pok3rus a couple times already. No dot.

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2003 04:55 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Believe me, I have a lot of friends who shark for the sake of research (using codebreaker, GShark sucks). And eventhough the ID was exactly the same (Number and name) the pokey still got boosted experience, and we couldn't change their name. But, even more funny is the fact that once traded, it said "Obtained in a trade".

It has to do something with the secret ID. Nintendo'll be able to see if you have a sharked pokey. We just can't seem to find that which make them just like legal pokeys.... [Frown]

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2003 08:27 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Having troubles trying to cheat, fairly?

You could be working on that one, for a long time.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2003 11:51 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay so I'll tell you the pokedata again

[PokemonMap][Complete Id of catcher][varios other unencryptes stuff such as the nickname of the guy who got it first and marikngs] 0000 [CHECKSUM - unencrypted] [Encrypded Part (evs, moves, species, place obtained, ribbons, pokerus active etc]

Ehe encryptet part is XORed using [PokemonMap] XOR [Complete Id of catcher] as a key. Ithe order of the data depends on the sum of the Pokemonmap say its 1111112 sum = 7.

It case it interests you play around with that data at my page (using a java applet) - http://www.neo-dragon.de/pokeguide/poked/

and i prefer shark - but that's a different story.

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2003 12:05 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My pokés have the dot too, but all of them have been "sick" with Pokérus. None of them became infected again (the status PKRS appearing in the menu screen), even battling together with "sick" ones.

By now, pokérus seems the same one from GSC: when infected, there is the status "PKRS", but some time later, there is the little dot next like in the snapshot from Haruka's answer. It cannot infect other pokés anymore, but still has the effort bonus.

And it works the same way for everyone of my friends here (none of them has Gameshark for GBA).

[ 05-21-2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: JP Nogueira ]

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2003 02:10 PM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LanderZRPG:
Having troubles trying to cheat, fairly?

You could be working on that one, for a long time.

No, I don't even own a device.

I DO want to find out what makes a pokey legitimate and what not, to spot cheaters with ease.

Hell, I even borrowed a friend's Sapphire just to get balls and TM's legal. Don't you be calling me a sharker [Frown] [Mad] [Wink] ; I'm over 200 hours, my friend.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Team Rocket Elite
Farting Nudist
Member # 3154

posted 05-21-2003 06:06 PM      Profile for Team Rocket Elite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My pokés have the dot too, but all of them have been "sick" with Pokérus. None of them became infected again (the status PKRS appearing in the menu screen), even battling together with "sick" ones.

By now, pokérus seems the same one from GSC: when infected, there is the status "PKRS", but some time later, there is the little dot next like in the snapshot from Haruka's answer. It cannot infect other pokés anymore, but still has the effort bonus.

And it works the same way for everyone of my friends here (none of them has Gameshark for GBA).

Then why do none of my Pokémon have a dot? I've infected a large number of my Pokémon with Pokérus, not a single one has a dot. Also my Blaziken has been infected more than once.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2003 06:14 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In Ruby and Sapphire, it seems two things happen after a Pokémon has had the Pokérus

*It gets a dot, meaning it is now immunue to the disease and will not catch it again

or

*It gets rid of the Pokérus status, and does NOT get a dot, meaning it can become re-infected...

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2003 12:44 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then why do none of my Pokémon have a dot? I've infected a large number of my Pokémon with Pokérus, not a single one has a dot. Also my Blaziken has been infected more than once.

I would like to know the reason too. [Frown]

I´ve also infected a large number of my pokémon (at least 20 trained for battles), and those who don't have the "PKRS" status, have the dot [Frown]

Maybe your cartridge has a glitch. [Frown]
Did you use GS to obtain pokérus?

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Team Rocket Elite
Farting Nudist
Member # 3154

posted 05-22-2003 06:30 PM      Profile for Team Rocket Elite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got Pokérus normally, not with a GS.
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2003 09:05 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
now ppl - could we put the sharking topic aside? It should not really matter as far as the dot is concerned.

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2003 10:59 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pika:
now ppl - could we put the sharking topic aside? It should not really matter as far as the dot is concerned.

Jumping to conclusions is the predominant form of excercise here.
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2003 12:19 PM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well my point is this: a sharked pokerus-pokemon will look exactly the same as a non sharked one. For sharking to make any difference the game would have to know if the pokerus was sharked (and I won't be able to tell if they look exactly the same data wise). It's way more likely caused by something else.

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2003 02:32 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So... Could his cart be glitchy?

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Team_Rocket_Vaporeon
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3327

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2003 09:36 PM      Profile for Team_Rocket_Vaporeon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well it could be a cart glitch or it could be a random occurance, but I think it's more likely a glitchy cart because it seems to be 100% either way. If there's any of you who have both Pokemon that got the dot and Pokemon that didn't (but got over Pokerus) on the same cart, let us know!
Bruno Maragato
Farting Nudist
Member # 2308

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2003 01:54 PM      Profile for Bruno Maragato   Email Bruno Maragato   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tried Sharking for Pokérus and got my dots.

- - - - -
A.K.A. Gomazu
"hi i am very good at irc, i can script and even hack people on irc,but this real good hacker keeps hacking into me and changing my nick, his name is NickServ" ~ Some nub.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.