The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Skill Swapping Truant

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skill Swapping Truant
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 07:34 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, first of all, if you want to see something funny, train a Slaking for Attack and Speed, give it Hyper Beam and send it into the Battle Tower. Three turns and it's all over.

But that's not the point.

An enemy Kadabra was silly enough to try Skill Swapping with Slaking. It works. The last I heard, you couldn't Skill Swap Truant. Kadabra was slacking off the next turn, and Slaking wasn't.

Kadabra got dutifully pwned. Kadabra was removed from play. Slaking STILL didn't have Truant back. It missed Hyper Beaming Wailord and the very next turn, Hyper Beamed it proper. Then I got the 'must recharge' message, which you don't normally get with Hyper Beam Slaking. Then right after I Reversal'd Wailord. I was told that Skill Swap stopped working when either the user or the target were removed from play.

So, um, yeah.

Also, if anyone was wondering, you actually can't steal rare berries from trainers in the Battle Tower (and keep them afterwards). Some little bitch FAQ writer is going to get it next time I'm over there. [Razz]
~Uiru- Slaking and Metagross make a DISGUSTING team. [Big Grin]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thomaz
Farting Nudist
Member # 3330

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 07:46 PM      Profile for Thomaz   Author's Homepage   Email Thomaz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess that's good news, but who is going to use Skill Swap anyway?

- - - - -
Nothing.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 08:06 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Slaking's partner in a 2vs2, for one.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 12:01 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, shitty Battle Tower. I just trained up a Sporing Breloom myself for those bastards. 49 straight so far, and Breloom's only been KOed once. Focus Punch is crushing shit, and Latios swiftly cleaned up the one time Breloom has fallen so far. $$$

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 01:11 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Battle number 70, the last one is a fucking Shedinja. >_<;; God damn Confuse Ray... God damn Shadow Ball...

I suppose the moral of the story is to go breed my Will-O-Wisp Guardevoir, make sure it's female, and give it a sexy nickname.
~Uiru- I got a Choice Band out of it though. ...Hey, Slaking... c'mere...

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 01:37 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shedinja, bleh. I've been trying to get my BTower Ribbon for my Banette, and it's basically been confined to Choice Banded Shadow Balling. However, my Breloom is also equipped to handle a Shedinja with the powerz of 1337 Seed. Banette can get it as well, if it needs to.

So far, I ain't got my Ribbon yet, because I keep getting fagged out by that Latias in the 50-56th battles series. I'm hoping to change that this time around when I get back to my game, since this time I've got Latios with meh. Before I usually stuck to using Lanturn/Skarm combination with Banette there to get its Ribbon. Lanturn simply can't kill it out of Rest with Surf/T-bolt and Skarm gets fried by Latias's T-bolt. For some odd reason, Banette always gets pwnt by it or dies to the first poke.

Other bothersome pokes are those fag DT Kingdras and bullshit 100% accurate Horn Drill Seakings. Since I'm toting my Latios this time around, he can help to remedy Kingdra, and I was hoping that Breloom could handle it all anyway by putting the shit to sleep. Leech Seeding the fag Kingdra will undoubtledly lead to its inevitable death while preventing me from dying first, while Focus Punch should be able to down Seaking providing it doesn't wake up immediately. In which case, I'm probably in trouble.

On a side note, relating to one of those fag Seakings. Latios got Horn Drilled by one while Calm Minding up one time. Its Focus Band kicked in, then I proceeded to Dragon Claw the entire team to death in 3 more turns. 8)

- - - - -

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 01:52 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I fought the Seaking a couple of times... It wasn't THAT bad. Guardevoir's Thunderbolt is sexy, especially given the fact that I just happened to come across one with a S. Atk-favoring nature.

It's the Milotics that cause the most trouble. They can laugh through Slaking's Hyper Beams and although the AI hasn't figured out Mirror Coat (as of yet, anyway) they still suck up damage and Recover it all away. Oh, and the Blizzard with the 65% Freeze rate. I scraped through one of those battles with 12 HP left on my Guardevoir after it got Frozen (and thawed) only because the idiot AI decided to Recover twice while it was at full HP already.

Boy the AI is stupid sometimes. I once fought a (I think) Kingdra that made it a point to Protect during Slaking's lazy phases. But other times it's blazingly intelligent. I've had Spit Up/Swallow users forget to Stockpile first- it's one thing for wild ones to do it, it's something entirely different when a trainers' does it- and Sleep Talkers try it while awake and Resting while at full HP. But the instant I NEED some blatant stupidity, it's all intelligence. Grr.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 06:27 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cheap. I love it.

BTW Uiru, I copied your Metagross. Not that I found it to be a big improvement, but still.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 12:03 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*facepunch*

My Metagross is the best ever. [Razz] Is it Brave? With maximum Attack and awesome Defences? With the legendary Meteor Mash? [Smile]
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 11:25 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah. Got my Ribbon finally. 8) Almost lost to a Dodrio after I had to switch Breloom out and Latios went down, but Banette got it DBed in time. Lost sometime in the early 70's, but I no longer need to use Banette since I got my Ribbon now. 8D Some bullshit Swampert killed my Breloom with an Ice Beam when I decided I should Leech Seed first. Latios went up to 4 Calm Minds before Ice Beam CH and killed it too. -_- Banette had no chance against 3 pokés.

Never could use my Gardevoir in BTower, by the time I got to it Gardevoir was Level 52. [Frown]

I would have trained my Beldum up to a Level 50 Metagross, but since I already used my EQ Tm on the Aggron I am training, it's pointless. ;_;

- - - - -

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2003 12:23 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Metagross: Choice Band
I didn't want to waste TM's, so...

Meteor Mash
Iron Defence
Psychic
... Scary Face

Stats: Level 50, max stat Exp (Mostly in attack), with Pokerus.
HP: 166
Att: 201
Def: 155
Spd: 68
SpcAtt: 103
SpcDef: 108

1) Meteor Mash, irregardless of what's out.
2) Repeat until dead: Attack boosts on Choice Band + STAB + 201 Attack = GODLY. Even owns resistant things.
3) If this fails, use L.45 Latios, with Recover/Refresh/Luster Purge/Psychic.
4) If this fails, use L.46 Gardevoir(Not bred one), with Calm Mind, Psychic, Hypnosis, Double Team.

5) If fighting Shedinja, Double Team like mad and pray for misses. Then watch it Struggle to death. Ha ha.

105 Wins, 0 losses. Very nice.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2003 03:12 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm training up my Will-O-Wisp Guardevoir now. 29 Speed IV + Timid nature, full HP and Speed EV, Calm Mind, Synchronize, and female. The mind reels with the sheer number of choices I have to name the thing... I still think Pokésecks is gross, but the thought of Guardevoir and the female trainer making out is really, really cute. ^_^;;;

Additional insurance against fucking Shedinjas will be assured by putting Shadow Ball over my Metagross' Psychic. The other silly Ghosts and Psychics won't know what hit them either. I don't want to get up to the seventieth battle, triumphantly send out Guardevoir, and have Will-O-Wisp miss. ^_^; Physical attacks- especially Shadow Ball- seem to eat it, so if Will-O-Wisp misses it's in trouble. (Why can't it have Recover? That'd be so awesome...)
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2003 05:06 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
*facepunch*

My Metagross is the best ever. [Razz] Is it Brave? With maximum Attack and awesome Defences? With the legendary Meteor Mash? [Smile]
~Uiru

No. It's Adamant. <chuckles>

Maximum Attack? Yes.

Awesome Defences? Yes. Well, kinda. I poured my EV's into Attack and HP. My defences are DV 25+ though.

Meteor Mash? Duh.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.