The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Sayings for berry master's wife

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sayings for berry master's wife
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2003 11:34 AM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what "sayings" to use to get rare berries from the berry master's wife on my daughter's Ruby game? "much match" from Meowth346's site doesn't work (it must've changed from the Japanese). I haven't tried any other of Meowth346's suggestions, because the vocabulary is missing.
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2003 01:35 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been able to use "COOL LATIOS" and "CHALLENGE CONTEST". They work. I got Durin for COOL LATIOS and I think Pamtre for CHALLENGE CONTEST. They only seem to work once, though.

EDIT: correction

[ 04-18-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: PikachuThunder ]

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2003 04:17 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Try GREAT BATTLE and SUPER HUSTLE, for the other two.

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Don't Run With Scizors
Farting Nudist
Member # 2920

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2003 08:02 PM      Profile for Don't Run With Scizors     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The sayings seem to vary from cartridge to cartridge, but phrases that make more sense than others will likely get you better berries.

Try "SILKY SMOOTH".

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2003 08:29 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here are the 5 phrases for the US game :

Great Battle (Spelon Berry)
Challenge Contest (Pamtree Berry)
Overhelming Latias (Watmel Berry)
Cool Latios (Durin Berry)
Super Hustle (Belue Berry)

I'm pretty sure Meowth346 was the original source for this info. Apparently you have to win one Normal rank Contest to get "contest" in your vocab, and you have to have a Lati_s sighting in your pokedex to be able to get these vocab words.

I'm not sure about the other two. Haven't tried them yet.

[ 04-18-2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Thom Burr ]

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2003 09:33 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think you have to win a contest to get CONTEST. I was able to do it, and I didn't win. I did, however, enter once.
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks folks, GREAT BATTLE worked fine: she is now cultivating a spelon [Smile] . LATIOS, LATIAS, CONTEST, SUPER and HUSTLE do not seem to be in her game's vocabulary [Frown] . The reason for LATIOS and LATIAS is obvious. The others are not. She's already won a super contest, so that's not it for CONTEST. I went around today talking to everyone in the master contest hall, in case she'd missed anybody key. I'd appreciate any other ideas for how to get these words, or even knowing which lists they appear in. Finally, anyone know how to get liechi berries?

[ 04-19-2003, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Bugcatcher Ed ]

Barrierd
I have a colony of shrimp living in my bladder
Member # 3132

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2003 08:43 PM      Profile for Barrierd   Email Barrierd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There seem to be some groups of words you can only get after doing something (I don't know exactly what). According to what groups I have and what groups Meowth has listed, these are:

-Event.
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Trendy Saying
-Pokémon 2

The "Event" one has words like "Contest" and "Secret Base". So to get ANY (I think) of the sayings, you need to see Latios/Latias, or somehow get these other word groups.

- - - - -
Where are my bitches

From: Victoria, B.C., Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 04-19-2003 10:50 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Several Japanese web sites say that another good saying is "Mirage Island".
PokéProGamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 2735

Member Rated:
posted 04-20-2003 07:14 PM      Profile for PokéProGamer   Email PokéProGamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Finally, anyone know how to get liechi berries?" liechi berries only grow on Mirage Island, so you'll have to get there on route 130, sounds easier then it is... [Frown]

- - - - -
It's the Nintendo difference

From: Currently just hangin' in Hoenn | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2003 01:38 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks again. If anyone is interested, the "Trendy Saying" group seems to come from a trendy saying guy that shows up in the Mauville Pokemon Center in some games (as opposed to the Bard, the Trader, etc.). I don't know if trendy sayings have any game use.
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2003 09:34 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First of all had no idea this post was here, glad I found it. I restarted my game about 5 times now and found out that in the first game I had super in the vocabulary but then in the other games it was different. I won all contests except for the last one which I think you have to feed your pokemon Liechi berries for. I still never got the word contest either. I am not sure but it could be something to do with the trick masters secret passwords. Noticed I had all the words that came up after I was nearly done with the Trick Master. Then maybe it might be something to do with the profile you make at Norms Town (can't think right now). All the phrases mentioned above I heard before on different websites. I think they do work, you just have to have the words. The pokemon ones are obvious. "shrugs"

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2003 06:38 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this is rare (it seemed rare to me until the weird guy in Lilycove just handed one to me one day) but I got a Lum berry after I said COOL GROUDON to the BM's wife. I also said either BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, BEAUTIFUL LADY, or BEAUTIFUL GIRL to her, to see if hitting on her would get me a better berry. It worked (for one of them, can't remember which), and I got a Lum. I also got a Lum today for BAD SKITTY. I'd rather just ask for Lums than water them a thousand times.
But thanks for the rest of the info. Good stuff.
Which berry does the chick at the bottom of route 120 give to you? I get a Mago berry every day. I heard speculation it might have to do with your ID#, but that trading records might change it. Any info on that?
Also, I'm missing berries 12(Wiki) and 14(Aguav), while I have all the other berries from that particular group of 5. As I said, Mago came from that chick, and the other 2 (Figy and Iapapa) didn't show up until I got them from Kiri in Sootopolis. D'ya think maybe they're only given to you in Sapphire (I have Ruby)?
Besides those 2 I have 1-30, which are the ones that don't need words to be activated before you can say them to the BM's wife.

From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2003 11:06 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well Mystery person, I can tell you for a fact that the berries she gives you has to do with your ID NO. I restarted my Saphire 3 times in a row. IF you want a Wikki Berry want to have the last digits 1 and 6 for your ID number. I know for Figgi you have to have 5 or 0. It is the very last digit of your ID NO.

LUMs are class C berries they aren't worth the wait. You want a Spelon which the saying for that is "Great Battle" Spelon berries are more worth watering and spending time on. THey are class A berries but they always make purple blocks. I am not sure if you link up and blend with a bunch of friends. I only blended with the old man and Lad.

I got level 23 or 24 Red blocks from Leppa Berries blending at Vandendorf, Level 23 or 24 Purple Blocks and at Slate port. IF you need to raise Beauty stat to max and you can't get any high Level Blue blocks like the Wikki Berry gives you at one of the towns, You can Blend a Hondew Berry at either Slate port or Vandendorf to get a Indigo block. Fills both Cute and Beauty stats. More of Beauty stats though.

I prefer having the Wikki it is the only berry in the game that can produce a Class B Blue block. To focus just on the beauty stat. Good for Feebas too!

[ 08-03-2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: TIDUSBLITZABESX ]

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.