The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Mirage Island & Spindas

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mirage Island & Spindas
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 04-10-2003 11:33 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does Gender Value really has something to do with being able to see Mirage Island?

If it has, could we just match which Spinda's pattern with a Mirage Island Gender Value? Or something near?

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Team Rocket Elite
Farting Nudist
Member # 3154

posted 04-11-2003 12:15 AM      Profile for Team Rocket Elite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The qualifications for a Mirage Island Pokemon changes every day. So a Pokemon that works tody, probably won't work tommorow. a Pokemon that doesn't work today, might work tommorow. On any given day, a Pokemon has a 1 in 65536 chance of being Mirage Island compatable.
TritonBlue
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3319

posted 04-20-2003 06:19 PM      Profile for TritonBlue   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Apologies for the newb question, but what are some of the requisites for seeing Mirage Island? I was under the impression that it randomly appeared.
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2003 02:49 PM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the bytes 3-4 in either one of your pokemon's data has to match with a mirage island seed which is calculated based on the day and your trainer id. So yeah it's pretty much random.

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

TritonBlue
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3319

posted 04-21-2003 03:01 PM      Profile for TritonBlue   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, pika. [Smile]
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2003 04:12 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I presume that:

1) This Pokémon must be shown to the old man looking out the window before Mirage Island appears, and
2) This Pokémon must be at the front of your party.

Is this correct?
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2003 09:08 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uiru: neither. The pokemon has to be in your party the slot does not matter. And you don't need to talk if I remember correctly.

- - - - -
"PIKA OF ALL PEOPLE IS THE BIGGEST TWO-FACED ASSHOLE HERE. AS HE ALREADY DEMONSTRATED HE SAID THAT THERE IS A WAY TO MAX OUT ALL STATS COMPLETELY ABOVE 510. WELL DUH...! HOW WOULD HE KNOW THAT IF HE DIDN'T HACK IT HIMSELF?! LOL! PATHETIC!"
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2003 03:23 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, you have to have the right poke in your team at the beginning of that day, at which point it calculates and tests for compatability?

Because if you don't talk, does this mean you can or cannot just keep changing your 6 in your team until the man confirms you have a winner... implies that you cant, but you never know...

- - - - -
my god, how stupid can two people be? Attracting a Starmie thats trying to Thunder-Wave a Quagsire.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2003 04:44 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you have to have the pokemon in your team if you're on that water route and are heading to mirage island everytime.

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Haruka
Farting Nudist
Member # 3300

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2003 02:56 PM      Profile for Haruka   Email Haruka   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way I think it goes is..

Let's say there are 10 numbers. When you catch a Pokémon, it's given a number. So..you catch a Bagon, and it's number is 4. Forever.

Now, each day, a number is picked. Let's say today it's five. Mirage Island won't appear and the man won't be able to see it.

The next day, the number is four. You have Bagon with you, and you can go to Mirage Island.

The only purpose the man serves is a quicker way to test if your Pokémon have the right number.

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 04-29-2003 04:46 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah it's like that.

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 05-07-2003 05:22 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just to double-check, does the Mirage Island guy check all of the pokemon in your group, or only the lead?

BTW, this Mirage Island stuff stinks. It's this kind of thing that makes me start thinking about sharks...

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 06:37 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dunno what he checks (my researy is only about apparence) gut i guess the whole team. It would not make sence otherwise.

If nintendo really did not want sharks to be used they could have made sharks not working for this game. There IS a way to detect if a shark is running and then shutdown or even more evil re-flash the shark. So either they were to dumb or they did not really care/didn't want to do it (of course you could crack that detection, too but then sharking would only work on flash cards and no real gamepacks).

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2003 10:58 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Question: What are the qualifications? I know they're a combination of numbers, but which numbers?

Because you have A LOT OF combinations of these "values" for Spinda's pattern. So, are these values the same checked to be able to visit Mirage Island?

EDIT: And what about shinies? What exactly determines it?

[ 05-08-2003, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: JP Nogueira ]

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 12:14 AM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pika:
dunno what he checks (my researy is only about apparence) gut i guess the whole team. It would not make sence otherwise.

If nintendo really did not want sharks to be used they could have made sharks not working for this game. There IS a way to detect if a shark is running and then shutdown or even more evil re-flash the shark. So either they were to dumb or they did not really care/didn't want to do it (of course you could crack that detection, too but then sharking would only work on flash cards and no real gamepacks).

And how do you propose that the shark be detected? Won't there always be, at the very least, a gameshark code that sets the "shark detected" bit to false?
And even if you use encryption or something, the variables have to be decrypted at some point to have calculations performed on them, and the shark could just modify the value at where it stores the decrypted number.

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 06:20 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sharks overwrite an area of rom (well they don't really write to rom they just pretend that the data is there there is a spicial chip for that) - now the game could read that data and if it's equal to the shark data they can just reset the game or shutdown the gba (set a flag that would be to easy to bypass, right). Now a shark can patch one check (Rom write code, but there is just one (and none on cba so codebreaker would be defeated already^^)) do a second check and the same is true for sharks

Of course that would not work on emulators or hacked roms on a flashcard that's out of question. And blaze could update the device. But current sharks would fail.

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 01:07 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sharks alter the RAM, not the ROM. Any value that something stored in RAM would be compared to must also be stored in RAM at some point, and thus can also be overwritten to match. Also, keep in mind that even if you tried to defeat it this way, you'd have to keep a backup for each number that someone might want to alter and waste lots of processing power checking each one (after all, how would the shark-checker know where to look?)

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-09-2003 02:21 PM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
a gameshark works like this:

Normal Gamepack:
[UNUSED BUT NECCESARRY DATA(few bytes)][GAMEDATA][UNUSED]

Gamepack with Shark in between:
[1CODE AREA FOR SHARK (always the same offset)][GAMEDATA][FURTHER SPACE FOR SHARK]

Now thats why you need the master codes - all they do is branch to area one - execute the code there (which is normally writing to RAM as you pointed out correctly but thegamesharks data lies in ROM Parts) After that there is a jump back to gamedata.

So how does the "rom writing" work - there is a chip in the gba which gets active if the gba wants to read from the patched data - if that's the case it's sending the patched data.

Okay now how would the checking work: something like
ldr r1,[Pointer to shark data1 which ir rom adress];
ldr r3, [copy what the data should look like normaly]
ldr r0,r1; // load sharkdata into r0
cmp r0,r3; // compare the normal unused
bne [BADBOY]; // if not equal jump to bad boy and shutdown

so all that code does is copying rom data to registers (not RAM) - sharks can't write to registers (and that would not make sence anyway) so all a shark could do is replacing the bne [BADBOY] with not necessary crap but it can only do that for one instruction. So if you have a 2nd check a while later it's over.

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 02:11 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A couple of flaws with the reasoning in the example here.

quote:

Okay now how would the checking work: something like
ldr r1,[Pointer to shark data1 which ir rom adress];
ldr r3, [copy what the data should look like normaly]

This isn't going to work for all data. Keeping the necessary information in memory for all kinds of data that might normally be changed could easily lead to excessive overhead. Admittedly, this works well for some data (especially in some kinds of games), though.

quote:

ldr r0,r1; // load sharkdata into r0
cmp r0,r3; // compare the normal unused
bne [BADBOY]; // if not equal jump to bad boy and shutdown

so all that code does is copying rom data to registers (not RAM) - sharks can't write to registers (and that would not make sence anyway) so all a shark could do is replacing the bne [BADBOY] with not necessary crap but it can only do that for one instruction. So if you have a 2nd check a while later it's over.

If the value could be replaced once, why couldn't it be replaced when the second check is performed? I could bring up examples of codes where a value is constantly re-written into memory as long as the cheat device is powered on, but I believe that it's unnecessary for the general nature of this particular point.

Arguements aside, there are functional anti-cheat device measures coded into the new pokemon games. Attempts to use any of the link options will fail while a cheat device is active. A person would have to deactivate the device and cancel out of the link attempt before it could be done successfully. In a similar vein, only Nintendo's link cables can be used to link the games. Cables from other brands will fail.

quote:

Of course that would not work on emulators

I do wonder about that. Is a full functional spec for the GBA actually available or are there only technical specifications available? While the latter is all that's necessary, a trick or two could be snuck by without the former. I'm asking since I never heard mention of the former.
From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 09:45 PM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Continue:
In a similar vein, only Nintendo's link cables can be used to link the games. Cables from other brands will fail.

Not true. How could it be?

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 05-11-2003 10:41 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Coxy:
Not true. How could it be?[/QB]

That's interesting that you should say that. What have your experiences been with linking so far? The only evidence I have for my statements is my own experiences and observations with mine.

Prior to buying Ruby and Sapphire I had link cables from Mad Catz and Nyko. Both had worked before, but weren't when I linked up Ruby and Sapphire. I purchased one of Nintendo's link cables and the games had no problems linking afterwards.

I'm not sure on how the wiring is set up in the Nintendo cables, but somehow R and S know which end of the link cable is plugged in for the Nintendo cable. It uses that information to determine which player will appear on which side of the entrance when linking for trading and battling, as well as whose pokemon appearance animation goes first in link battles.

Apparently, the other link cables that I am using do not implement something which allows for this little hardware protocol. What exactly that is, I have no idea, as I've never bothered to check on the differences in link cables prior to this.

Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2003 06:04 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Continue:
That's interesting that you should say that. What have your experiences been with linking so far? The only evidence I have for my statements is my own experiences and observations with mine.

I've tried Berry Blending, Trading, and Record Mixing, and it all works fine.

I've got a cheap third-party 4 player cable.

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 04:19 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
This isn't going to work for all data. Keeping the necessary information in memory for all kinds of data that might normally be changed could easily lead to excessive overhead. Admittedly, this works well for some data (especially in some kinds of games), though.
well you don't need all data if 32bit (thats as much as a register can holg) are gsa data thats all we need to check - you don't need more data to detect.

quote:
If the value could be replaced once, why couldn't it be replaced when the second check is performed? I could bring up examples of codes where a value is constantly re-written into memory as long as the cheat device is powered on...
well sure that value stays the same. But it can only be done with one 16 - ROM value. 2 Checks at different rom locations would need 2 "ROM write" codes which aren't avaible on gsa.

about that linkcable/shark stuff... really cool would be quite fun to try to break it [Wink]

[ 05-13-2003, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: pika ]

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 12:10 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm not sure on how the wiring is set up in the Nintendo cables, but somehow R and S know which end of the link cable is plugged in for the Nintendo cable. It uses that information to determine which player will appear on which side of the entrance when linking for trading and battling, as well as whose pokemon appearance animation goes first in link battles.

But this works for every multiplayer game, not only RS. The hierarchi (don't know if it's wrote correctly.. sorry) of the plugs always follows 1-2-3-4, and if you connect plug 2 and 4 only or 1 and 4, you'll receive a message of "Link error".

However, IIRC the order of pokémon appearance in battle is not defined by the link order, but the places characters take inside the arena.

quote:
I've got a cheap third-party 4 player cable.

Me too! From Paraguay!

Also...
--==

Question: What are the qualifications? I know they're a combination of numbers, but which numbers?

You have A LOT OF combinations of these "values" for Spinda's pattern. So, are these values the same checked to be able to visit Mirage Island?

EDIT: And what about shinies? What exactly determines it?

[ 05-13-2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: JP Nogueira ]

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2003 12:31 PM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shind condition if
UpperMap XOR LowerMap XOR HiddenID XOR ID = 0 -> Pokemon Shiny. (there might be a few more - like this chances would be as bad as getting a max stat poke in GS)
Either LowerMap or highermap are Spindas Pattern i would have to check this. LowerMap AND 0xFF = Gender Value und Map MOD (rest of division) 0x26 defines the personality. The LowerMap is also important when it comes to the Mirage island seed

Any more questions here?

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 05-15-2003 01:53 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
well you don't need all data if 32bit (thats as much as a register can holg) are gsa data thats all we need to check - you don't need more data to detect.

I think there's a misunderstanding with what I was saying. A single piece of data doesn't present a problem. Keeping what that one value is supposed to be doesn't incur the problem I was referring to. If one were to use the suggested method on all of the data that one might consider protecting, then one runs into the problem I previously noted.

quote:
well sure that value stays the same. But it can only be done with one 16 - ROM value. 2 Checks at different rom locations would need 2 "ROM write" codes which aren't avaible on gsa.

This is something where I'm probably doing the misunderstanding. I'm not sure what you mean by 2 "ROM write" codes not being possible. Admittedly, I haven't used the gsa, but on every other cheat device I've seen functioning you can use more than one code at a time. With that in mind, I'm not seeing why someone couldn't track down all the locations that might have this address value stored and have a code for each one of those instances.

quote:

about that linkcable/shark stuff... really cool would be quite fun to try to break it [Wink]

Well, I'm apparently wrong about the link cable stuff. I've never seen the same behavior with any other games that I've done linking (and I don't have them anymore to try it again). The statement about order of appearance animation is just plain sloppy on my part since I never did any real investigation of it.

As to the anti-cheat stuff, breaking it may be extremely difficult or impossible. The fact that it only acts that way when the device is active brings up a couple of possible anti-cheat measures which are easy to do.

The first would be checking clock cycles per instruction. Obviously, the number of clock cycles per instruction would be much greater while a cheat device is active, due to running through another processor for patching data, as you had noted. A comparison between the average number of clock cycles per instruction and the current one would easily spot the difference (or a connection response error). Since I don't know exactly what the GBA has available I can't fully speculate as to whether or not this could be accomplished through some firmware calls that would be out of the reach of a cheat device.

The other check that I could think of would be measuring current through the connections. I have no idea whether or not the GBA has hardware that is capable of this. The idea would simply be to ensure that you've got a strong signal, so your communications aren't screwed up. With a cheat device switched on, it's going to be drawing some power. That draw may be enough to cause a detectable loss of the current needed to ensure signal stability for communications. If the GBA does have the hardware to perform such a task, this could again be making calls beyond the reach of a cheat device.

Still, those are just speculation on my part, I haven't presonally seen anything that firmly supports either of those possibilities (I haven't seen anything that firmly supports any possibilities for that matter). What exactly is happening there is anyone's guess (except the people who programmed it, I hope).

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 05-16-2003 11:39 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well normal Cheat devices have they code they patch the ROM so they can get active - then the actual ceat codes freeze RAM. That's the normal way. But if you want to edit functions (code) which is executed directly from the rom (wich happens very often on gba - only speed critical code is loaded into ram) you obviosly can't patch it using a ram-mod.

That's where the Special GSA Type 4 Code Comes in. It's kinda simulates a different ROM an the offset you specify (thats what i call rom write code). But for whatever reason the gsa can only hanle one type 4 code (i heard version 1.3 can do 2 but i can't confirm this)

And your clock-count would work as a detection method, too (they already do it to detect emulators - yeah that's why uncracked versions don't work on emulators). But it's way more simple just to check the logo area for ar code ^^.

I am not sure if power checking would work - i don't think so & it would be analog and quite inaccurate for that reason.

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2003 03:33 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok I plan to breed mirage type pokemon since breeding seems to set things more in stone. I want to know though has anyone ever even set foot on Mirage Island? Or is this still a Mysterious place? I know there is not much there to begin with but to be able to get on something so rare would be pretty interesting! So if anyone has actually be on the Island let me know??

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2003 11:43 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a chance I am taking people, I am going to start a new game, get to the point before you capture Groundon. You know when the sun is intense? (Bright sun causes mirages), then I am going to see if Mirage Island appears then. It is a chance I might want to take. If it works I will let you know on it. Though at this point I don't think anyone would want to start a new game just for that. I may just do so. Even though you might need a high gender stat to get there , there might be other ways too.

- - - - -
UIRULOSER, LANDERZDUMBASS, THAT STUPID DONALD KID, WHITE CAT CROSS DRESSER, AND PIKA("UHHH IF YOU BRING YOUR GAMESHARK WITH YOU NINTENDO MIGHT KNOW YOU HAVE HACKED YOUR GAME") ALL DECIDE TO GO AND GANG EACHOTHER W/URILOSER'S ANNOYING ELEPHANT BLOW UP DOLL

TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2003 11:43 AM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK on the last note to this question for anyone who wants to answer it. Do you think that Mirage Island could be activated by E-cards having 3 or 4 different type of cards? Has anyone thought of that? Besides the gender thing I am just wondering if that could be another way?

- - - - -

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2003 01:54 AM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From what I know and what I've heard, the gender value thing (and only that) is what determines the existence of Mirage Island. I'm sure that if a discovery was made to the contrary, someone would post about it here inside of a day, whether anyone asked them to or not.
From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2003 10:42 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Possibly but Ruby and Saphire are still semi-new, so that person would probably have to have allot of E-reader cards and do allot of scanning. So it could still be a possibility. Another idea could be that when you are playing Ruby the final round with team magma where the sun is instensely bright could cause a mirage [Smile] I restarted my game to find out if this is the case. (A way nintendo could get people to get both versions). I mean the only way anyone can see a Mirage usually occurs during sun and heat. So that is the reason for my thinking. I am probably wrong, but being able eliminate possibilities makes it easier but yet discouraging at the sametime. I mean you have to wonder how People who made the Strategy guides such as Prima would set foot on Mirage Island and be able to show pictures of it. The sucky part is they never even mention how they got there. Just that you might have to depend on certain weather conditions or a special pokemon to get there. I hate guides when they do that!

- - - - -

pika
Farting Nudist
Member # 1908

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2003 07:44 AM      Profile for pika   Author's Homepage   Email pika   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh i can tell you how prima got the screen they just cheated ^^ i could get you a screenshot any day.

- - - - -
TIDUSBLITZABESX

Whiner
Member # 1465

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2003 01:30 PM      Profile for 137   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or they copied it from the Nintendo guide, who could have gotten it from Game Freak. Or they sharked it.
From: Space. Like, outer space. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
TIDUSBLITZABESX
Farting Nudist
Member # 3390

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2003 09:03 PM      Profile for TIDUSBLITZABESX   Author's Homepage   Email TIDUSBLITZABESX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I confirmed that not even just before you catch Groundon and the sun is intensely bright, Mirage Island still does not show up. It was worth a try though.

Good idea catching Spindas, they seem mysterious to me. Each one I caught was different, had different markings on their heads. As common as they are probably is worth a try.

[ 08-11-2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: TIDUSBLITZABESX ]

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.