The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Help me with R/S gambling

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help me with R/S gambling
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2003 03:28 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Slot machines have changed for Ruby/Saphire. I'm perennially short on cash [Frown] , and need to be able to win. Does anybody have any tips? Can anybody tell me:

What are replays for? They seem to only give you a chance of losing once you've already got 3 in a row.
What are thunderbolts for? When I get them, another in a row of thunderbolts at the top of the screen is enabled. Otherwise, they don't seem to do anything.
What does it mean when a pikachu suddenly appears and melts a generator?

Thanks,

[ 04-06-2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Bugcatcher Ed ]

PeePants
Remember me?
Member # 1502

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2003 11:56 PM      Profile for PeePants   Email PeePants   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not to take your topic off target or anything, but if you're really short on cash, keeping a Zigzagoon on your squad (or maybe more than one( might help your money woes. Mine seems to find a multitude of Nuggets, which could help you out of your cash slump. It keeps me paid, Chief.

- - - - -
That what's his face, leader of the NAACP, he WANTS to keep all that crap alive, "oh my great great great great great granddaddy was a slave, and the white man, he enslaved my daddy!" - MK

lol

Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2003 01:06 AM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use up all my nuggets buying vitamins.
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2003 12:32 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or you can see your pokénav's Trainer's Eyes and rematch some trainers for cash.

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2003 12:57 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Keeping Zigzagoon (or Phanpy) around might be a good idea, as they pull up Nuggets, HP Up, and Protein ($5000, $4900, and $4900 sell value respectively).

Or just beat the Elite Four with an Amulet Coin attached to one of your Pokemon. That should be good for $60000 right there if the Pokemon gets in every fight.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bugcatcher Ed
Farting Nudist
Member # 3289

Member Rated:
posted 04-07-2003 01:21 PM      Profile for Bugcatcher Ed     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi folks,

I appreciate all your help, but when I said I was always short on cash, I was hoping to keep everybody from telling me to get a ton of money and buy coins, not fishing for advice on how to get more money.

1) Zigzagoons are great! Whenever I'm levelling up a pokemon I keep at least 5 zigzagoons on my belt. This may change once I have phanpies or linoones.

2) I save my nuggets. When I've got 18 to 20, I sell them for a bunch of vitamins, and raise one statistic for a pokemon as high as I can. I train lot's of pokemon, not just one team, not even just the good ones. I like to train even the suckiest pokemon.

3) I use HP ups an Proteins on pokemon. I do not sell them, since I'd only have to buy them back at double the price. So many pokemon, so little cash!

4) I've just cleared the Rustboro tunnel. My play style makes me progress s l o w l y [Big Grin] . I don't expect to even meet the elite four for a long time.

So, when I asked gambling advice, I was really asking for gambling advice. Besides, I'm curious.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.