The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Spikes = broken?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spikes = broken?
Odnamra Taizem
Farting Nudist
Member # 2689

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2003 11:33 PM      Profile for Odnamra Taizem   Author's Homepage   Email Odnamra Taizem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no clue if this has been discussed before nor if this is already known, but anyway... here I go [Razz]

It seems that it's possible to use SPIKES more than once towards the opponent's arena, thus dealing more damage on a switch. You can acumulate only three uses, though.

I've yet to calculate the new percentages (EDIT: If my eyes didn't deceive me, 1 use of SPIKES will deal the usual 12,5% damage to incoming pokémon and each subsequent use will deal an extra 6,25% damage, meaning that 3 uses will deal 25% damage to incoming pokémon Oo") and check whether all uses of SPIKES are removed by RAPID SPIN...

EDIT: This is for RS_, but I highly doubt that this is possible on GSC.

[ 04-06-2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Odnamra Taizem ]

- - - - -
"We did it becuase... we're us!" - Ivan

From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2003 03:46 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, spikes used over and over makes more damage in RuSa!? SWEET!
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2003 01:41 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uses will deal 25% damage to incoming pokémon

BRO-FUCKING-KEN

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2003 03:27 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just tested it on my jap ROM.

Yup. That's how it works. You can use spikes up to three times, and at the end, it'll deal 25%.

B0RK

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-09-2003 12:26 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think the new Spikes is b0rken, especially if Rapid Spin gets rid of all three layers in one shot (someone test this).

It will not only boost the importance of the eight Pokemon that learn Spikes, but also the fourteen Pokemon that learn Rapid Spin (notice how there are a lot more in the latter group).

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 04-09-2003 05:07 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Exactly.

I never liked those 2 moves until I met someone who had a good spike/sandstorm team, and now with that cumulative damage, I'm going for a spiker and a spinner!

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2003 03:24 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
I don't think the new Spikes is b0rken, especially if Rapid Spin gets rid of all three layers in one shot (someone test this).

Tested. Rapid Spin gets rid of all the layers in one shot.

A switched-in Rapid Spin user could still take alot of damage (unless it's the right one, of course).

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2003 01:14 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey new icons. also i am unbanned

Claydol is the only Spinner immune to Spikes. ;/ Delibird, if we're talking 386.

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mister Cant
Farting Nudist
Member # 1414

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2003 02:30 AM      Profile for Mister Cant   Email Mister Cant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who the fuck would care about shitty 202 rules if they wanna use delibird?
:[

[PBJ Time!] [PBJ Time!]

- - - - -
~|~Mister Cant-A.K.A-Yue~|~

;x

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.