The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Bide = more damage than expected?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bide = more damage than expected?
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2002 08:31 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While doing the innocent task of double-checking one of my quiz answers, a very intriguing discovery popped up...quite possibly the first RBY discovery in a long time.

The question involved testing Counter for compatibility against Horn Drill and Bide in Stadium. So for the role of Counterer, out comes a Seismic Toss/Counter Chansey.

However, given that I sold my only Bide TM about 1 hour into the game, I’ll have to resort to the Rentals. Since this is an Anything Goes match, he rentals turned out at L50.

So Chansey leads with Softboiled (for nothing); Tauros leads with Bide.

Next turn, Seismic Toss deals 100 damage to Tauros, leaving it at 51 HP. Counter simply uses up time the rest of the way.

However, when Bide released its energy, it’s supposed to deal 100 x 2 = 200 damage, right?

Guess what: The Bide of a single Seismic Toss drops Chansey all the way to 103 HP.

This could possibly mean that Bide has a built-in “rectifier measure”, multiplying its damage by the opponent’s level divided by user’s level.

But applying that, if it’s true, only pumps the damage up to 400! It needs to be 600! Could it be...

Does Bide get STAB?

Let's try to figure this out...

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-11-2002 12:09 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fascinating... Did you try it in GSC/Sta2?
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 11-11-2002 09:11 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No. The Anything Goes rentals are L100, and I don't want to damn any of my Pokemon to hell by slapping Bide on.
From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2002 10:40 PM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been using Bide for a while now, but I never heard of stab from it. Try Umbreon as the control, as she can actually use Bide. For stab test, Miltank or Togetic work just fine. Did you attribute for DVs and Exp?

[ 11-12-2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Dark_Herakurosu ]

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.