The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Baton Pass and Substitute

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baton Pass and Substitute
Raptor17
Farting Nudist
Member # 2520

posted 08-30-2002 08:46 PM      Profile for Raptor17   Email Raptor17      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anybody could help me in regards to Baton Pass and Substitute... if the opponent's Jolteon Baton Passes its Substitute to a Marowak, how do I figure the damage dealt to the Substitute by my Pokemon?

Drill Peck deals 72-84 points of damage to it... so say I dealt 78 points of damage to the opponent's Marowak, would that mean I dealt 22.8228% damage to the Substitute?

Thanks for any help.

From: The Great White North | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2002 09:25 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you BP a Sub, the Substitute has the HP that the creator's Sub would have, but would have the receiver's stats. Passing Vap's Sub to a Shuckle = fun.

If it doesn't make sense, Continue explains everything.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2002 10:57 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Donald:
If you BP a Sub, the Substitute has the HP that the creator's Sub would have, but would have the receiver's stats. Passing Vap's Sub to a Shuckle = fun.

If it doesn't make sense, Continue explains everything.

Heh, after I read (in AGNP) Continue's writings on Baton Pass and Bandraptor's description of GSC Substitute, I started working on a BP/Sub/Acid Armor/Surf Vaporeon. FAAA/8, as it turned out...(I only had a Shiny Ditto back then.) And at the time, Mu was still making sense, so I planned to put it on a team with Shuckle (3AAA/8, that one was after I finished it)...

I eventually met Continue and beat his link battle team 4 out of 4 times before I had to leave. Apparently, he figured he'd just kill me flat out with his Assassin Smeargle, but I had a team full of obnoxious standards, and I'd been closely paying attention to all his posts, so I possessed a fair idea of what he was thinking.

Amusingly enough, he had a few tricks up his sleeve that he hadn't posted about...A BP Girafarig and a Misdreavus (I'd kinda planned on his Hazing Dragonite, natch)...But, hah, I had the exact same giraffe, along with a Communist Ghost Missy (different from his) that I'd cribbed off of Azure...And a generic Tyranitar to kill his Drag.

It's a pity Continue set aside his gloves a while back. I hope he comes back for Ru/Sa...He was one of the best. I would never have stood a chance against him had he not so excellently explained how GSC strategy worked.

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

Raptor17
Farting Nudist
Member # 2520

posted 09-01-2002 07:27 PM      Profile for Raptor17   Email Raptor17      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the help.
From: The Great White North | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.