next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » 100,000 pokémon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 100,000 pokémon
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 09:00 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This file contains randomized outputted data representing the attack, defense, speed and special DVs of 100,000 pokémon.

out of these 100,000 pokémon:

There were

10 shinies (1/ 8192 chance)

3 pokemon with DVs of all 1
0 pokemon with DVs of all 2
2 pokemon with DVs of all 3
0 pokemon with DVs of all 4
1 pokemon with DVs of all 5
1 pokemon with DVs of all 6
1 pokemon with DVs of all 7
1 pokemon with DVs of all 8
2 pokemon with DVs of all 9
3 pokemon with DVs of all 10 (these were counted as shinies also)
2 pokemon with DVs of all 11
2 pokemon with DVs of all 12
2 pokemon with DVs of all 13
2 pokemon with DVs of all 14
3 pokemon with DVs of all 15

(each of the above about 1/55,000 chance of occuring in the wild)

It's nothing we didn't know before, but gives a visual perspective by which to guage the small probabilities that get thrown around here quite often.

The distribution was pretty uniform -- I wonder if the game's random number generation is?? Good enough, I guess.

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 09:25 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG WTF? YOU MEAN PEOPLE ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK?

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 09:35 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually found this interesting - but 10k, how the hell did you do it for 100,000 Pokemon?

And jshadias, kindly shut your cakehole.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 09:55 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
P. H. P.
C. G. I.
A. S. P.
V. B. 6.

- - - - -
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2002 10:57 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just wrote a little C++ funtion... here... it's just this function put in a for loop for 100000 times -- plus a little check to insert an endl after every four DVs. Also seeded the srand() with a system time checker.

short Pokemon::getRandomDV() const
{
short DV;

DV = rand() % 16;

return DV;
}

I *heart* C++

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-15-2002 10:54 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still like QBasic... it was so simple back then!
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-15-2002 03:01 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
QBasic is for wimps. Real men use GWBasic!

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-15-2002 07:16 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
QBasic, Visual Basic, and ASP > j00
Those three are the only ones you'll ever need, plus:
Visual Basic is based on QBasic.
ASP is based on Visual Basic.
I learned QBasic, then Visual Basic, then ASP.
I'm in heaven.

- - - - -

LexyEevee
Farting Nudist
Member # 2885

Member Rated:
posted 08-15-2002 08:14 PM      Profile for LexyEevee   Author's Homepage   Email LexyEevee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For some reason, all the "Real Programmers" (people who were alive when computers were as big as a small planet and are now old and cranky) seem to hate anything with "Basic" in its name. I love it, though. *cuddles Visual Basic .NET*

I'd use VC++, but VC++6 sucked horribly and I'm too lazy to learn it now.

Oh, and Perl would be much better for that. Murrr perl.

[ 08-15-2002, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: LexyEevee ]

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2002 08:59 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought ASP.NET was just browser content programming?

it's all ones and zeros in the end

LexyEevee
Farting Nudist
Member # 2885

Member Rated:
posted 08-16-2002 09:38 PM      Profile for LexyEevee   Author's Homepage   Email LexyEevee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's a whole slew of languages with .NET tacked onto the end, and the list is growing... the original Visual Studio .NET, though, includes Visual Basic, Visual C++, and Visual C#. I know there's also an ActivePerl .NET and ASP.NET, but I haven't heard about anything else.

The idea behind the compiling languages is that you can write an application using any combination of languages you want, compile it, and have it run on any computer that has the framework. Regardless of OS. I've been told that there's already Linux support for .NET console apps, with Win32 controls on the way, and that support for BeOS and MacOSX and such is on the way.

code:
foreach $lang (<*>) {
if ($1 < $lang) {
kill $lang;
}
}

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2002 11:15 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
duh -- It's a lot like java.

ASP.NET *is* just a language for web services and browser apps.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.