The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Breeding shinies using blue ditto?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breeding shinies using blue ditto?
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 04:45 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got a shiny ditto using Meowth346's trick... now does that mean that every pokemon I breed with this shiny ditto will have a 1/64 chance of producing a shiny child? I read something on spunman's site here that makes me unsure as to whether the odds are 1/64 or 1/512. can someone clear this up for me?
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 06:32 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did a calculation using the 1/64 chance of a shiny ditto breeding a shiny child (with the assumption that the non-ditto parent needs no specific stats). it seems that after 100 children being created, there would only be aabout an 80% chance of 1 child being shiny..

???

is this right? or am I doing it all wrong?

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 09:48 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Half of Attack values qualify as Shiny = 1/2
Defense is always passed straight = 1
Special can "flip" half of the time = 1/2
Special must be A = 1/16

Multiply all four and you get 1/64.

My Shiny Delibird took 5 eggs; Shiny Shuckle took 140...And I've read of a couple people who got theirs on the first or second try and other that took around 250 eggs for a single Shiny.

spunman is taking into account (if I recall) Parent Genders, and when you are breeding with a Shiny other than Ditto, this is important. But when breeding with a Ditto, stats are always passed down from the blob, so your odds are going to be 1 in 64.

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.