The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Gaining more happiness by training in the area the pokemon was caught...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gaining more happiness by training in the area the pokemon was caught...
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2002 12:00 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
in my Crystal version it tells me that a pokemon becomes happier if it is trained in the area where it was first captured. Anyone know the exact bonus?
Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2002 09:38 AM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
From Meowth346's site it says that when trained in the catch area you gain double the happiness you would normally earn at a level up.

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2002 01:28 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Would that work in the Trainer House, I wonder?
~Uiru- 'Course, if you drug 'em and then raise 'em to Lv. 100 in the Trainer House, they're gonna be pretty much orgasmicly happy anyway.

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2002 04:01 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is Crystal the only version that keeps track of the information of where your pokemon was first caught and when?
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2002 04:22 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The short answer is, yes, Crystal is the only version that keeps track of Level, Area, and Time Caught.

However, pokemon that are obtained as gifts from Stadium 2 will record the level caught, and display "??" and "??????" for Time and Area. The same goes for pokes gotten with a Celebi Machine (and presumably NYC PokeCenter gifts?)...

Gold and Silver neither display this info anywhere in the game nor save the info after catching a new pokemon. However, GS does "preserve" this info for pokes transfer over from Crystal, and the catch stats can be easily read for such pokes on Stadium 2, even if the Crystal-caught pokes are stored on a GS cart.

RBY does _not_ support the catch data, and any poke that is transferred over to to a RBY cart will have this info permanently erased (along with other GS stats like Pokerus status and the C-only "trainer-gender" sign...Amusingly enough, held items CAN be safely transfered to and from RBY, so don't panic if you accidentally transfer something over to RBY; it'll still be there when you retransfer to GSC...).

Supposedly, the catch data will all be displayed in Pokemon Advance in the main stat screen(s), just as per the Stadium 2 stat page.

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2002 07:15 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Thom-- looks like I'm going to need to go back and once again customize each and every pokemon on my cart -- yarg! Sometimes it seems like sharking is the *hard way* of doing it [Wink]

Do you know what will be displayed on an official Mew's information? Will it just be ?????? ?

I'm assuming that the hex values for all pokemon transferred from R/B/Y will be "00" entered into the locations

Hour Caught && Level Modifier
01??FCDC

Location Caught Modifier
01??FDDC

I tested this on a crystal-local pokemon and it makes the old woman say "I can't tell anything about them" (or something like that), which is what she says about Sir Rupert, my Snorlax who was transferred from Red.

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2002 05:04 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As for catch info on a Mew...Because virtually all Mews were given out back in the RBY days, no Mew should have any info whatsoever. The PokeSeer will say, "Whaaaaat? I can't tell a thing! How could I not know of this?" (Hint for PokeSeer--You are a senile old woman...), and Stadium 2 will show no information _whatsoever_...The catch info line will simply be blank. Note that this is also the case for ALL pokes caught in RBYGS.

Celebi, BP Farfetch'd, and EQ Gligar (and probably NYC Pokecenter pokes) get this response from the PokeSeer: "What?! Incredible! I don't understand how, but it is incredible! You are special. I can't tell where you met it, but it was at level 5. Am I good or what?"

(Strangely enough, for my L100 Celebi, which I am looking at right now, she adds, "Incidentally...I'm impressed by your dedication. It's been a very long time since I've seen a POKEMON as mighty as this CELEBI. I'm sure that seeing CELEBI in battle would excite anyone." This is the first time I have seen this, and while a kind compliment, I'm unsure what this is triggered by--mostly likely L100, but maybe Happiness, DVs, species type, who knows...)

...And info for "Special" Pokes Stadium 2 is displayed as ??/??????/L5--quite different from what you'd see (or rather, not see) with RBY pokes.

So unless I misunderstand, you don't need to shark anything aside from the standard Mew DVs and OT Name/ID. If you somehow had suspicious Crystal data to delete, a quick trip to RBY and back will zap anything incriminating for good. All other pokes can be explained away as caught in GS--the gender sign for GSC-only pokes might the only thing that could give you away, but presumably that could be sharked away (or better, you could do your sharkery in GS and avoid the problem).

...One last picky caveat...A few people have reported cajoling/harrassing Nintendo reps at recent events as well as the Pokecenter until they got a Mew from them. Depending when and how these were created/obtained, these Mews could conceivably have other IDs, DVs, and legit Crystal catch data, yet still be legal (maybe). After all, there are a handful of people in Japan that have legal Flying Pikachus...

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.