The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » EXP. Share and the missing EXP?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXP. Share and the missing EXP?
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2002 01:27 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A Lv. 40 Houou gives 2827 EXP, considering it belongs to a trainer (Trainer House) and your Pokémon is traded. [220 * 40 / 7 * 1.5 * 1.5; dropping decimals all the way] However, with one Leader Pokémon and four Pokémon holding EXP. Share, the Leader gets 1413 for fainting it (expected) and the four others get 346. If four Pokémon have to share 1413 EXP, they should be getting 353, not 346. Where is this EXP going?

0 EXP. Share, 1 Pokémon: 2827 EXP
1 EXP. Share, 2 Pokémon: 1413/1413 (normal)
2 EXP. Share, 3 Pokémon: 1413/706 per (normal)
3 EXP. Share, 4 Pokémon: 1413/460 per (1/3 of 1413 is 471 exactly)
4 EXP. Share, 5 Pokémon: 1413/346 per (1/4 of 1413 is 353)

What causes the errors to start happening with the third EXP. Share that is used?

I noted the same thing happening with the Lv. 70 Lugia and Lv. 100 Mewtwo that I was training against. The Lugia gave 2475 to the leader and 607 to the four freeloaders; it should have been 618. Mewtwo gave 3534 and 865; should have been 883. This is, on average, a 2% drop seemingly caused only by an excess number of EXP. Shares. However, one can potentially amass a large number of EXP. Shares through the Lucky Number Contest.

My only theory so far was that it calculates the EXP to be shared in order; it figures out how much one Share would need, then two, then three, then four, dropping decimals all the way. This would explain why it starts messing up at 3, because 3 is a funny number and 4 would be based on 3's answer. However, all attempts to prove this method were met with 471 and 353 being the answers for 3 and 4 Shares. So, I'm out of ideas. Anyone have anything to Share? [Smile]
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2002 01:35 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tried to get Meowth to answer, but he will not visit AH no matter what, so I copied and pasted.
He says he doesn't remember and to do more research. It is pretty difficult to get a good answer out of Meowth, who is likely the most experienced ROM hacker around. I fooled around with the numbers a bit and got absolutely nowhere.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.