next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Sweet Scent

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sweet Scent
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2002 09:47 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does it increase the accuracy of moves while decreasing the evasiveness of the opponent pokémon during battles?? because on this page it says ...

quote:
Currently, there are no moves that increase the steps of Accuracy
That's why Im confused... can someone give me a decisive answer??

the age-old example being: "Can one glean near-100% effectiveness from Dynamic Punch/Fissure/Double Slap?"

Hawk557
Farting Nudist
Member # 2758

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2002 10:04 PM      Profile for Hawk557     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep. Evasiveness is like using Double Team, 'cept decreasing it is like reverse DT.

So, it could be used to make thunder over 95% accurate, but I don't think it could make Horn Drill or Fissure more than 65% accurate or so, there is a limit to all of this...

And that was accurate in saying that there is no move that makes other moves more accurate (except for the next-turn Lock On, for an always-hit, and Rain Dance/Thunder, a special-effect,) meaning that, say, thunder's accuracy would rise without doing anything to your opponent.

-hawk557

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2002 11:19 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A quick look-through tells me that Mew is the only Pokemon that can learn both Sweet Scent and a OHKO move, making it even more cheap.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2002 11:57 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Until the opponent switches.

And don't talk to me about Whirlpool... by the time you got enough Scents in to make the OHKO feasable, Whirlpool would've worn off.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Hawk557
Farting Nudist
Member # 2758

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2002 09:14 AM      Profile for Hawk557     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But Mew can use Whirlpool more than once...

Still, it wouldn't help all that much, the accuracy, as I said, would go up to around 65% to 75%, around that of Supersonic at worst and Thunder or Sleep Powder at best.

-evkl

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2002 09:36 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Smeargle can also learn the moveset that I said only Mew can learn.

quote:
Originally posted by cmsnrub25:

Mean Look is still excellent on Umbreon, except the focus has shifted from Confusing and Toxicating to passing ML on to other Pokemon. ML, Baton Pass, Moonlight/Rest, filler (Confuse Ray/Faint Attack/Return) w/Leftovers.

I'm sure noone's done testing on wheter it actually works, but here are the supposed charts on the increasing accuracy of a 30% accurate OHKO.
Uses - Accuracy - Ratio
0 - 30% - 3/3
1 - 40% - 4/3
2 - 50% - 5/3
3 - 60% - 6/3
4 - 70% - 7/3
5 - 80% - 8/3
6 - 90% - 9/3
Pretty simple. I might actually test this out to see if it does increase accuracy.

This makes a Mew or Smeargle with Sweet Scent/Horn Drill/Fissure/Whatever able to take out anything if it can pull off enough Sweet Scents (With a Baton Passed Mean Look of course). Fortunately, this doesn't transfer over to other Pokemon. I think I'll post this moveset in Oddish Memorial.

Nm, you're much better off just using the OHKO by itself, so Sweet Scent is even more pointless. Get a Hazer if you're worried about DT.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Hawk557
Farting Nudist
Member # 2758

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2002 10:44 AM      Profile for Hawk557     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A smeargle would NOT be able to pull that strategy. Mew might, but...your odds are better if you just Horn Drill 7 times, still.

But...two or three sweet scents would make DynamicPunch or Zap Cannon very useful....

Who can learn both DynaimcPunch/ZapCannon and Sweet Scent?

-hawk557

[ 06-20-2002, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Hawk557 ]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2002 01:11 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know Mew and Smeargle can...
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-20-2002 02:38 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
greh...

jynx & smoochum (dynamicpunch)
mew (both)
ledyba & ledian (dynamicpunch)
smeargle (anything)
miltank (both)

Hawk557
Farting Nudist
Member # 2758

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2002 08:14 PM      Profile for Hawk557     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Miltank might be good with it, I might try it as an alternitave on GSbot or something...

-Hawk557

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2002 05:27 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 10,000Lb.Snorlax:
Does it increase the accuracy of moves while decreasing the evasiveness of the opponent pokémon during battles?? because on this page it says ...

quote:
Currently, there are no moves that increase the steps of Accuracy
That's why Im confused... can someone give me a decisive answer??

the age-old example being: "Can one glean near-100% effectiveness from Dynamic Punch/Fissure/Double Slap?"

Hmm...looks like I didn't work that correctly. Part of the reason for that is that I've never been able to do a step-through to see how the Accuracy/Evade modifiers are combined in the complete accuracy check. What I had there is correct only if considered exactly as written. No moves technically increase a pokemon's Accuracy, but a couple may cause the accuracy test to be ignored.

To confirm what has already been said, lowering the opponent's Evade beyond the standard level will, in effect, raise the using pokemon's Accuracy level.

However, the rough estimate of how accurate an OHKO can be boosted by this is incorrect. Back when the issue about Sweet Scent "effectively" increasing Accuracy was first raised on AGNP awhile ago, I tested it with Horn Drill (on a Smeargle). 4 out of 5 attempts against an opponent of the same level were successful.

If someone else wants to do sufficient trials to see if the figures match up correctly, go right ahead. I'm a bit busy recently with other things and testing of this would fall lower than any other testing I might do (Finding the right formula for OHKO accuracy would certainlty be above this, since the current formula is wrong).

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2002 12:08 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought the OHKO was a constant 29% accuracy? [Confused] Guess not, huh?
Hawk557
Farting Nudist
Member # 2758

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2002 10:46 AM      Profile for Hawk557     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing is constant accuracy with Sweet Scent!

And, if I recall correctly, the OHKO's accuracy goes up 1% for every 2 levels higher the user of the move is compared to the victim.

Alothough I might be wrong. Nothing's accuracy is set, because Double Team fuddles with the accuracy of Horn Drill so it'll miss more often. Sweet Scent would do that in the inverse.

-Hawk557

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.