The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » A disturbing trend in breeding (preliminary research and lots of speculation)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A disturbing trend in breeding (preliminary research and lots of speculation)
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2002 08:27 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FIRST of all, I have been without my comp for two full weeks now, and earlier this week I cracked and ran back into Silver's loving deathgrip. I have this to show for it:

A troop of four Ditto for Hidden Power breeding
14/13/15/15 Magneton (Water Power)
8/13/15/15 Gyarados (Flying Power)
13/15/13/15 Jynx (I may redo her just out of spite [Big Grin] )
15/15/7/15 Tyranitar (Ancientpower)
15/15/15/15 Clefable (Amnesia & Belly Drum)

I am now working on an Abra, with Encore, Light Screen and Barrier. (I don't plan on using all three at once; I plan to clone it and give them different movesets.) However, it was now that I noticed something very, very odd. An Abra's maximum HP is 19 at Lv. 5; every single one of the 13 eggs I hatched had 18. Hmm.

I first went back to the parents, because it's always the parent's fault if something goes wrong with the kid. [Wink] Luckily, since they were both Abra they didn't learn any new moves when I took them out. I leveled them both up, and took about 10 minutes to remember Kadabra's stats, using my knowledge of the stat setup to break it down piece by piece. (I was right, of course.) What I found was that BOTH parents had even Attack and Special DVs. Hmm.

Their stats were:
Male: 4/12/13/6/14
Female: 5/2/15/2/15

Now it was time to check the kids. This is the data I collected last night.

13/11/15/10/15
5/12/15/12/15
7/12/15/15/15
5/4/15/0/15
5/10/15/4/7
5/8/15/12/7
5/14/15/14/7
7/10/15/5/15
13/11/15/6/15
14/3/13/9/6 (this was the only female of the 13; based on the imperfect stats of the father Abra)
7/14/15/5/15
5/12/15/12/15
7/10/15/13/15

While I don't claim to understand everything about Meowth346's explanation of breeding DVs, I know enough to know that it insists that all random numbers tacked onto the DVs are actually random. This data presents a clear trend towards even DVs in Attack and Speed, with a 75% occurance rate in the males. It should be 50%. Hmm.

What could this mean?
  • It means that the Attack and Speed DVs of the parent/(s) have an influence on the baby's stats. More data is required, however.
  • It means that the female baby Abra's stats are more than likely a rare occurance that wouldn't happen again. Of the more than 20 Abra I now have (their stats coming soon), there are only two females. That in itself is odd.
  • It means that having a Ditto or what have you with odd Attack and Speed DVs could increase your chances of getting a six-way max.
  • It means that random numbers and chance have been playing silly buggers with me all night.
I will collect several more Abra (maybe another box's worth) and then replace the female with 'Fifteen', my 15/9/15/5/7 Ditto, and collect several Abra from that union. I expect to see a trend towards odd Attack and Speed DVs.
God help me.
~Uiru notes that if he gets his massive anime shipment today, all bets are off for tonight and most of tomorrow [Big Grin]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2002 05:50 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't someone know about this though? I thought people hacked the ROM and figured out everything about determining the baby's stats. Maybe I'm wrong, they probably can't tell what half the variables are anyways.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2002 03:23 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The cleansing light of truth.

Computers do not do random numbers, in fact, the only way to get them to truly do a random number is to get them to trigger off of a radioactive decay.

All this means is you have done a piss-all amount of testing and leapt to a hypothesis the data doesn't conclusively support - I believe AH still believes in its Hundred-Minimum policy of testing.

- - - - -
?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2002 10:37 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, yeah, yeah. [Razz] I said preliminary, didn't I? The numbers fixed themselves during the second box. Bleh.

Doesn't matter though; I still walk away with a 15/13/15/15/15 Abra. [Big Grin]
~Uiru- and later, an Eevee with those stats as well. w00t.

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2002 09:36 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing your results Uiru, I would chalk this up there with just coincidence (you know how randomness works, there are times you WILL get 12 heads in a row) but, then again, computers know nothing of random, the even DVs could be a part of a part of a part of a algorithim that attempts randomness, but, neutralizes it. In other words, you may have found a way that semi-gives nonrandomness to randomness.

- - - - -
Les femmes qui montrent des images de leurs boobs dans cet endroit me rendent trs heureux.

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2002 10:46 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Random numbers can be achieved pretty well if you can use some sorty of system clock to seed them... is this done in Gold/Silver/Crystal? It probably is... but yeah, all random numbers follow some sort of algorithm, so they ain't perfectly random, but seem to work well enough.
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2002 10:54 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Computers do not do random numbers, in fact, the only way to get them to truly do a random number is to get them to trigger off of a radioactive decay.

Not true - quantum mechanics, bub.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2002 08:17 PM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
Not true - quantum mechanics, bub.

You bear burden of proof, try achieving that instead of jerking off to X-Men comics.

[ 05-23-2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Mu ]

- - - - -
?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 05-25-2002 05:41 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol.

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cloggerdude
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2309

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2002 01:58 AM      Profile for Cloggerdude   Author's Homepage   Email Cloggerdude   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*points to the above post*

That's the reason Espy has 1000 posts. ^_^
Stay [Cool]

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 05-30-2002 12:19 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this fits in anywhere, but I tried breeding an Atmuk long ago... out of sixteen Grimer eggs, all with the proper Defense DV of 11, not one of them had HP Ground. :/

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 06-01-2002 12:57 AM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

[Razz]

[ 06-01-2002, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: EspeonNidoking ]

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
MasterChu19155
Farting Nudist
Member # 2101

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2002 12:12 PM      Profile for MasterChu19155     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...
Your results are nearly similare to my research about this topic a few months ago...

I was working on a Marowak with max stats.
I used a female Marowak and a male Rhydon for breeding to get Rockslide on it.
My prblem was that over 70% of the babies were female, too. -_-*

After some time I got my male Cubone.
I continued breeding with maxStat-Ditto.

Well, I got a lot of shit at first, but after hours [Big Grin]
15/15/15/13/15 [Big Grin]
(Attack DV 15 with Thick_Club works on Stadium2 !)
Nearly a perfect one.
I thougt that this shit I got before was based on the poor Attack the father had. :/

As I was breeding Jnyx I have had a lot of luck.
I got many babies with DVs like 15/13/15/15/15 (the best)
or 15/11/15/13/15 ...

As I was breeding Heracross the first 30 PKMN were nearly comlepty bad and I guess over 70% were female.
The best result was 15/15/15/9/15 after 1 day of breeding.

My speculation was that the female:male ratio was
influenced by the attack value the father or the Ditto had.
This is only a speculation, but IMO there must be a connection between the lucky results an the DVs.

Im not sure, but I think there could be a connection between the results and the fact if the man or the woman gets the male or female PKMN.

If I remember correctly I read something about that last year. :/

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.