The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Findings about Pokérus

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Findings about Pokérus
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2002 05:20 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well... I was searching informations about pokérus here, and since I haven't seen nothing about what I found... here they go!

1- An Egg can be contamined by pokérus. The baby will be born with Pokérus status.

2- An Egg can also become immune to pokérus if you have it on your belt for 24h. This means that the baby will be born with that dot over HP bar.

So, no need to breed an egg with "sick" parents. Just put it in the belt while training someone with the virus.

I think some of you know this, but, like I said, since I found nothing about this here...

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2002 07:52 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm about to hit 200 hours on my Silver game (which has never ever been restarted; and I intend to keep it that way [Big Grin] ) and I've never gotten a whiff of Pokérus. Goldenrod City must be a fairly sterile environment... damn eggs...

Where exactly is this dot, BTW?
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2002 05:31 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got pokérus with almost 600 hours of gameplay [Smile]

The dot means that your pokémon is now immune to pokérus, and no longer suffers its effect (stat exp x1.5).

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2002 06:02 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Suffers its effect? More like "enjoys the benefit of".

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Jason
Farting Nudist
Member # 2843

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2002 09:19 PM      Profile for Jason   Author's Homepage   Email Jason   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jshadias:
Suffers its effect? More like "enjoys the benefit of".

You forget that Pokérus is considered a virus. Viruses make you feel bad, but when they are gone your immune system gets better - making you a stronger person overall. It has to be that way when Pokémon get the Pokérus virus. For a while they will be in a bad mood, but before long it makes them quite strong.

- - - - -
Jason Smestad

From: Williston, ND | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2002 06:57 PM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A neat little thing about the immunity is you can get rid of it by trading the pokémon to r/b/y if possible. When you bring it back, the dot is gone :-D

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2002 03:15 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason:
You forget that Pokérus is considered a virus. Viruses make you feel bad, but when they are gone your immune system gets better - making you a stronger person overall. It has to be that way when Pokémon get the Pokérus virus. For a while they will be in a bad mood, but before long it makes them quite strong.

Quick!
Somebody fetch this man a beginning course in biology!

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2002 09:42 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm very confident that even when your Pokémon are cured of the PokéRus (the dot they get) they STILL get the stat experience boost. They can just no longer contaminate others and give other pkmn the Rus...

Knowing this, it is best to have a Pokémon who still has the Rus in a box on the PC. A Pokémon with the RUS in a PC Box never gets cured as long as it is in there, so, when you get the PokéRus, make it spread to a couple of Magikarp and keep them boxed, then, when you're ready to train new pkmn, take out the karp, make them contaminate your new pkmn, then box the karp again...

- - - - -
Les femmes qui montrent des images de leurs boobs dans cet endroit me rendent trčs heureux.

Haunter_girl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1866

Member Rated:
posted 05-26-2002 01:45 AM      Profile for Haunter_girl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
Where exactly is this dot, BTW?
~Uiru

The dot is on the first status page, above the right end of the health bar.
And yeah, the effect of the Pokerus doesn't wear off after it's cured.

- - - - -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

___\|||/___
\_|_\|/_|_/

SongBear88
Farting Nudist
Member # 2145

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2002 03:22 PM      Profile for SongBear88   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have had pokeRUS two times but I found out about them after my pokemon were cured. So I wasn't able to save the virus:(.
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2002 04:15 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well... another thing I found! A pokémon infected and traded to RBY, will have no trace of infection when it is brought back to GSC! No status Pokérus or even the dot over the life bar.

So... my question is... how is the virus information added to a pokémon? Where in the game structure is it hidden?

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.