The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Are there more pokemon weak to special attacks or physical attacks in g/s/c?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are there more pokemon weak to special attacks or physical attacks in g/s/c?
The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 04-20-2002 05:08 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had just had a specualation. Anyone know? A lot of people say you need an even number of physical vs special attackers, and if your team is unbalanced, it deosn't work well etc. Thanx in Advance
Dmaster
Farting Nudist
Member # 1653

posted 04-21-2002 06:16 AM      Profile for Dmaster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not to sure about having equal number of Physical and specail attacking pokemon, but what I do know is.

Because in G/s/c you have pokemon like Blissey and snorlax who aren't weak to any special attacks and can easily absorb them with thier "SD".
You would be at an disadvantage in a match if you didn't have at least two physical attackers.

Same goes with Skarmory, his not weak to any physical attacks, plus his "D" can easily absurb them.
So you would also be at a disadvantage if your team consists only with the usual strong pshysical attackers, and no special ones.
But with Physical attackers you can learn them moves such as Fire_blast/Ice_beam, which is good because the pokemon they are gonna use it against has probabaly got a weakness to it and low SD as well.

"There are maybe other reasons why you might want to use equal amount of psychical and special attackers, both I cannot think of any at the moment."

- - - - -
Why Am I always last to know everything

From: B`Ham/United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2002 08:28 PM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it's about the same, however I think because of Curse, physical attackers are more common. Heracross, Snorlax, even Porygon2 are all great for this move. With Amnesia only raising Special Defense now, the days of Slowbro getting a 1HKO on everything is out the window. However, this doesn't mean Special Attacks are useless. Donphan, Skarmory, and Forretress are on many teams, forcing the person to rely on special attacks. However, in the same token, Blissey and Snorlax are even more common, forcing physical attacks to be used.

Personally, I think it's best to try and get things that can deal damage both ways, not just relying on one source of damage. Porygon2 with Double-edge and Ice Beam is a perfect example of this. STAB on Double-edge gives it enough power to do damage with it, and with Curse it's even better, plus it has a great Special Attack if you want to use Ice Beam. Snorlax makes decent use of Fire Blast and Tyranitar mixes it up well too.

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.