The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Determining stats from DVs and level?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Determining stats from DVs and level?
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2002 08:58 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone know the formula? Where I could find it? Is it different for each species pokemon?
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2002 11:10 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
answered my own question::

Stat Value = -30 + 2( stat DV ) + Max Stat @ level for particular species of pokemon

example:

Snorlax level 100 with Attack DV 9

Attack = -30 + 2( 9 ) + 318
Attack = 306

To figure it out for different level pokes, just add the max stat value at that level....

mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2002 02:11 PM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That works, but the actuall, in game formula can be found here on Meowth346's website. For it, all you need is Level, DV, Base Stat, and Effort Level for non-Wild Pokemon. It works very nicely.

- - - - -
When life gives you lemons...

Throw them back!!!

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2002 08:30 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thanks! man, they make the underlying structure a bit tough to put together, but after it gets figured out, the actual implementation is cake. I'll play around with this a bit.
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2002 07:51 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The minimum stats a pokemon can have is 5 for all stats other than hps, and 10 for hps, (according to the skill-stat finder). Is this true? When a level 1 pichu hatches are all of the stats 5 and does it have 10 hps? I'm pretty sure the formula yields neagtive values in some cases if not...
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2002 12:06 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit stuck on how to determine "effort Levels" / stat experience levels, when a pokemon's other stats and Dv's are known.

The formula *should* be :

AttEffortLevel = ((maxPersonalAtt - baseValueAtt * level/50 - 5 - attDV * level/50 ) * 100 ) /level;

maybe I'm implementing it wrong??
or maybe I'm thinking about it wrong (It's late and I'm tired [Embarrassed] ). All I want to be able to do is::

-Determine effort levels (stat experience) from a pokemon with certain given Dvs and statistics (att, def, spd, specials, hps).

-What am I doing wrong here
[Confused] [Confused]

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2002 08:04 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 10,000Lb.Snorlax:
The minimum stats a pokemon can have is 5 for all stats other than hps, and 10 for hps, (according to the skill-stat finder). Is this true? When a level 1 pichu hatches are all of the stats 5 and does it have 10 hps? I'm pretty sure the formula yields neagtive values in some cases if not...

No that is not true.
Level 2 Rattatas for example generally have about 2 or 3 in stats.

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2002 06:53 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Confused] [Confused]

how is it possible to have below 5 in any stat or below 10 in hitpoints?

The formula apparently used in the game is:

att = baseValueAtt * lvl/50 + 5 + getAttDV() * lvl/50 + effortLevelAtt * lvl/100;

hps = baseValueHps * lvl/50 + lvl + 10 + getHpsDV() * lvl/50 + effortLevelHps * lvl/100;

[Confused]

.. these formulas make it impossible to get lower than 5 or 10.

you can catch ratata's with sub-5 stats?

From what I've tested, using this formula, it's impossible to go below 5, even with Dvs of 0 and level 0 due to the +5 added on to stats, and +10 to hitpoints....

I tested this formula on level 0 ratatas with Dvs of 0, and it yielded stats of 5 or higher in all areas.

Are you sure you've seen pokemon with smaller stat values??? If so, where? it means I'll need a new formula...

Maybe the +5 and +10 are ommited for pokemon under a certain level when determining stats?????

So does this mean that the lowest limit for any stat is 5 (10 for hps)? This formula seems to make it seem so.....

[ 04-30-2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: 10,000Lb.Snorlax ]

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2002 07:49 PM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hrm, shows how long I haven't played Pokemon for - My memory was patchy and so I went back and caught a level 2 Rattata and it did indeed have over 5.

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 04-30-2002 08:35 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, I just did the same thing.. kinda interesting that every pokemon will probably have the same stats at level 1 (although hps might vary).

I to have not played for a while. All this "delving into the mechanics of pokemon" (mosty catching up on the research everyone else did years ago) that i've been doing recently has yielded zero time for actual playing of the game -- how ironic!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.