The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Present questions...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Present questions...
The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2002 11:47 AM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I need help w/Present. I know it deals big amounts of damage in GS to special attackers. But was this a glitch? And what happened to present in Cyrstal? Lastly deos anyone know what present deos in Poke Advance? Thanx in advance ~_^
Mew lover 321
Farting Nudist
Member # 2541

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2002 12:02 PM      Profile for Mew lover 321        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure it was a glitch and they got rid of it in Crystal. And Pokemon Advance isn't out yet you know... Not even in Japan. So how are any of us going to know? Do you see that game on store shelves? NO. So we don't know. It will probably be the same as in Crystal, but that's just a guess.

- - - - -
"Government employer looking for candidates. Criminal background required."

Found at the site "Things People Said"

From: The Orion Arm | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2002 04:30 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth has a bit of info on Pokemon advance, but he never mentioned any moves...yet
http://www.geocities.com/meowth346/Advance/index.htm

- - - - -
"Hey, if AH decides to go for a site upgrade, I'm available as a dependable worker drone/slave taskmaster. I supply my own whip."- Uiru

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-11-2002 01:02 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
always has a 20% chance to heal defender of 1/4 total hp, 40% chance of power 40 attack, 30% chance of power 80 attack, and 10% chance of power 120 attack. in crystal, bdf works correctly. in g/s, variables are misplaced in the bdf to screw it all up real cool (present's bug).
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 04-12-2002 12:13 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone actually tested the present glitch in a G/S vs Crystal battle? If so, what was the result?

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mewtwo's #150
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1800

Rate Member
posted 04-12-2002 07:45 PM      Profile for Mewtwo's #150     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokegod: In a G/S vs Crystal battle, Present is still glitched. I tested this out a long time ago. [Smile]

- - - - -
~ Mewtwo150

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 04-16-2002 11:34 AM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ahhh FINALLY a straight answer! All I ever got before was people making speculations

thanks dude

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
King Flarewolf
Farting Nudist
Member # 2696

posted 05-02-2002 12:07 PM      Profile for King Flarewolf   Email King Flarewolf   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Honestly. While present can OHKO a L.100, max stat Umbreon, think about it.
1. Present's accuracy is 90%
2. It only gets a power 120 10% of the time
3. Even then, it only OHKOs 2/3 of the time

90%*10%*2/3= 6 2/3%
While it does do a good amount of damage anyway, why are you using Umbreon against Blissey anyway? Status effects are eraseable by the ever present Heal Bell, and the most damage it can do is a 4HKO with max return (eraseable by the ever present softboiled) so, this seems exagerated to me.

- - - - -
King Flarewolf cannot come to the board at this time (In training)

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2002 12:11 PM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i just saw something wonderful a la CG. I actually saw King changing his sig! First it was "Not yet" (which BTW is much cooler than this one).

I'm the luckiest person on earth.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 05-17-2002 08:42 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does Mean Look + Baton Pass + Vital Throw Machamp mean anything to you? I hate how people try to justify using Present in its glitched state by saying that you shouldn't use Elemental Pokémon against Blissey anyway. It's one of the lamer excuses.

And you SHOULD use Elemental Pokémon against Miltank. [Razz]
~Uiru

[ 05-17-2002, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.