next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Lucky Egg

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lucky Egg
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2002 04:22 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After careful searching, I have found that the chances of getting a Lucky Egg are 1.5% in GSC. Is it the same in RBY? 'Cause if that's the case, it'd be better to catch in the Unknown Dungeon as Chansey are much easier to find there. (At least, they never stop showing up when I'm trying to train Staryu or elemental Snorlax. ^_^)
~Uiru- it's also easier to get lots of Masterballs. *cough*

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2002 07:11 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, but when you trade it back you get Lucky Punch IIRC. Seems that only the lucky few get a lucky egg.
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2002 11:19 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have enough Lucky Punch right now to open a shop. I'm just asking if there's a 1.5% chance of an RBY Chansey holding a Lucky Egg instead.

'Cause if not, I've wasted a lot of time in the Cerulean Cave.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2002 05:22 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Finally! Something to research!

I actually tested this out last night. I pulled out the Blue cart, then captured enough Chanseys to fill up boxes 5, 6, 7, AND 8.

Plugging that cart into Stadium 2, we find the final score to be...

Lucky Punch: 80
Lucky Egg: 0

If it were to have a 1.5% chance each time, then that's an overall total of 70% to show up at least once in 80 trials. So your answer is probably "No".

If you want to confirm that, you'll have to do it on your own. If I hear Chansey's cry ONE MORE TIME, don't be surprised if Nintendo HQ gets covered with some 3,000,000 rotting eggs.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 03-07-2002 10:43 PM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can only get Lucky Egg from catching Chanseys in GSC because when you trade over from RBY all you get are Lucky Punches.
I have two Lucky Eggs, and they're really not worth the effort.

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 03-08-2002 10:32 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Something to research? Eh, it's already been researched to the max. A Pokémon's item from an older version is based on its catch rate, so there's never a possibility of two of the same caught Pokémon in the same older version having different items held when first traded to a newer version.

--Meowth346

- - - - -
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2002 03:31 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth beat me to it, I was going to post a link to this, but, it's still worth a look:

http://www.geocities.com/meowth346/gs/Training/Items/Capsule_Items.htm

- - - - -
"It calms natives" -Olly

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2002 09:00 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dammit, I was gonna compile that data myself.

...Meowth, can I have it please? [Big Grin]
~Uiru

[ 03-09-2002, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.