The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » I have a question about the radio and the ruins.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a question about the radio and the ruins.
SongBear88
Farting Nudist
Member # 2145

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2002 10:58 PM      Profile for SongBear88   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is that werid music playing on channel 13.5 on the radio in the ruins?
Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2002 10:59 PM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because the ruins submit a strange frequency caused by the unowns. It has no signifigance what-so-ever though.

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SongBear88
Farting Nudist
Member # 2145

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2002 11:08 PM      Profile for SongBear88   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cool, is it a bug or did nintendo put it in on purpose. I think it must have some kind of reason for being there. Any Ideas?
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2002 11:17 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SongBear88, yes, it is definatly put there on purpose. There are really 2 reasons it's there possibly:

1: To give the Ruins of Alph more of a sense of mystery.

2: I might have thought there was a chance it might effect what Unown Shapes appear and/or the frequency they appear, but, don't count on it...

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 02-26-2002 01:12 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone once said that it was the tune Team rocket used to upset the Gyarados at Lake Rage...although, I don't know if its true.

If it is true, and if the tune has the power to cause regular Magikarp to evolve into Gyarados...*thinks*

Just a guess, but maybe it would have something to do with Evolution? [Wink]

*thinks of a good rumor to spread*

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SongBear88
Farting Nudist
Member # 2145

Member Rated:
posted 02-26-2002 05:56 PM      Profile for SongBear88   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or maybe it is a hint to a secret in the game or in a later version of the game that has yet to come out.
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 02-26-2002 11:57 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rei the Giant Koffing:
Someone once said that it was the tune Team rocket used to upset the Gyarados at Lake Rage...although, I don't know if its true.

It's not. That radio frequency is only heard in Mahogany Town, and after you raid their secret base there the frequency ends. The sound heard in the Ruins of Alph is different than the one heard in Mahogany Town, and it's on all the time. If you ask me, it's only purpose is to add more mystery to the aptly named "Unown".
SongBear88
Farting Nudist
Member # 2145

Member Rated:
posted 02-27-2002 08:59 PM      Profile for SongBear88   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That may be true but I want to see if there are more reasons. There can be more than one reason. It may be a hint to something. For all we knnow it could be the answers to the puzzles backwards with a different pitch.
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 02-27-2002 09:43 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know, in the original version of Pokemon Crystal, the reason as to why the Unown were making those words on the wall that help you find the secret rooms was because of the Pokemon Communications Center in Goldenrod. The radio signals it was sending were causing the Unown to do that.
SongBear88
Farting Nudist
Member # 2145

Member Rated:
posted 02-28-2002 08:10 AM      Profile for SongBear88   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So that means there may be a way to activate the commucations center or nintendo never removed all of it or moved it to somewhere else in the game.
Haunter_girl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1866

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2002 11:07 AM      Profile for Haunter_girl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What was that communication center actually for?

- - - - -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

___\|||/___
\_|_\|/_|_/

evilalien
Farting Nudist
Member # 2678

Member Rated:
posted 03-19-2002 02:07 AM      Profile for evilalien   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
stfu n00b, songbear. it doesnt do shit, apart form the mystery addance
From: the south. the deep south | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 03-19-2002 11:12 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, final word(s)...

The mysterious tune in the Ruins of Alph is just there to be mysterious, it leads to nothing. Had it lead to something game hackers who can read ROM files would already found it out long ago...

The communications center was a thing that the Crystal Version in Japan has, but doesn't exist in English. Well, the coding is IN the game, but, you can only access it with a Gameshark, and, even if you do, it's not all there, in other words, it's not fully functional, so, don't even bother trying to think it will do something...

The communications center in Japan allows other players to connect via cellphone and battle each other through cellphones, but, we do not have this luxury in America...

- - - - -
* \evilcow\ leads an old lady into the street right infront of a bus!

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2002 02:24 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is wrong with Nintendo!?!? *Thinks of moving to Japan*

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.