The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » just a quick question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just a quick question
Zokou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1951

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2002 12:35 PM      Profile for Zokou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
am i correct in thinking that;
the super legendarys are
mewtwo
mew
lugia
ho-oh

...and the legendarys are
the 3 dogs
the 3 birds
celebei?

its basicly just to clear up an arguement. thanx
also, which pokes will be excluded from any up and coming uk poke tours?

- - - - -
DUFF MAN SAYS "OOHH YEEAAHH"

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 01-06-2002 01:37 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is mostly just opinionated, but the Super/00ber legendaries are Mewtwo, Ho-Oh and Lugia. The birds, dogs, Mew and Celebi all have reasonable stats (Save for Suicune, who is pretty messed up with those defensive stats + defensive moves) and are comparable to, say, Dragonite and Snorlax. The 00bers, however, have mondo-high stats that are difficult to beat, anyways.

For example: Is there any one pokemon and moveset that can ALWAYS beat one of the 00bers, irregardless of which moveset the 00ver uses? I think not, aside from, perhaps, Ho-Oh being Rock's-target dummy....

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
FireBlast
Farting Nudist
Member # 2466

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2002 10:01 AM      Profile for FireBlast   Author's Homepage   Email FireBlast   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People call Mew and Celery 00bers for no reason IMO, they both have the same total stats as Tyranitar and Dragonite, which no one call 00bers... I can understand calling Mew an 00ber, after all it learns all TMS/HMs and stuff, so it can have some pretty cool moves, but Celebi? Just because it's rare doesn't make it cheap ~_~
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 01-07-2002 05:19 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Celebi can be an extreme pain to get rid of. At one time it was able to beat a tyranitar and a snorlax just be leech seeding and recovering.

But then again, snorlax is just as hard to get rid of.

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
D@rK_w0L_f
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2455

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2002 08:12 AM      Profile for D@rK_w0L_f   Author's Homepage   Email D@rK_w0L_f   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i would have to agree with the other guys in certain places.
Mewtwo+Lugia 00bers but not Ho-oH. he has a 4x weakness. i would say he is ledgendary. even with his stats.
and as for dragonite and t.tar, i always class them as legendarys. come on they have higher stats than most the legendarys anyway. and dont get me started on t.tar with A.P.

as for tournees. i think it will just be mewtwo who will be banned.

i hope that helps settle your argument. peace out

- - - - -
"Fight with your heart and win with your soul, that is the way of the true warrior"
SoN.

From: Pallet Town, London | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2002 08:32 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-Oh have the equal highest combined stats.

Celebi and Mew (as well as Tyranitar and Dragonite) ate the next level down for combined stat totals.

I think (?) the 6x legendaries are next?

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

D@rK_w0L_f
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2455

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2002 08:38 AM      Profile for D@rK_w0L_f   Author's Homepage   Email D@rK_w0L_f   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-Oh have the equal highest combined stats.
Celebi and Mew (as well as Tyranitar and Dragonite) ate the next level down for combined stat totals.

I think (?) the 6x legendaries are next?

thats right, but dont forget that unlike Lugia, ho-oh has a 4x weakness. thus making him infeior.

- - - - -
"Fight with your heart and win with your soul, that is the way of the true warrior"
SoN.

From: Pallet Town, London | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 01-08-2002 10:10 AM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, but despite his 4X weakness to rock, Ho-oh can still destroy anything with a chance of beating it. Dugtrio is the only thing faster than Ho-oh that can learn Rockslide. Unfortunatly for Dugtrio it has extremely low attack and one of the worst staying powers. It takes 3 Rockslides to KO a Ho-oh but only 2 Sacred Fires to KO Dugtrio. Tyranitar gets destroyed by Earthquake off of one of the highest attacks in the game. Water types have to deal with Thunderbolt. Not to mention that Ho-oh learns RECOVER!

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.