next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » my pokemon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my pokemon
Beckachu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1785

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2002 04:47 PM      Profile for Beckachu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wasn't sure where to put this...

I just want to know how to work out my vaporeon and jolteon's DVs and hidden power.

Vaporeon:
Lvl: 100
HP: 463
AT: 224
DF: 194
SP.A: 310
SP.D: 280
SPD: 220

Jolteon:
Lvl: 100
HP: 331
AT: 228
DF: 210
SP.A: 288
SP.D: 258
SPD: 358

Can someone please show me how to do it?

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2002 04:59 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
small hint:at lvl 100, 1 DV point = 2 stat points

so,at lvl 100 ,a stat with a DV of 10 will have minus 10 points than the same stat with a dv of 15.
Find the max stats of your poke,have fun:/
(note:this works only for maxed poke,or specimen with NO training)

- - - - -
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 01-03-2002 05:55 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your Vaporeon is 15/13/3/11/11, which would be Steel 60.

Jolteon is 14/15/11/15/0, for a Dark 66.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Articuno666
Farting Nudist
Member # 1927

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 12:51 AM      Profile for Articuno666     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity, how do you find DVs of your pokemon.

- - - - -
May the Ice be the death of YOU!!!

From: Nearest thing to hell | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 01-04-2002 08:02 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*searches through archives* Found it! This is how you can check DV’s for any Pokemon (at least by my method).

First, obviously take your Pokemon up to L100, and get fully boxed. Then find the max-stat chart. Write down a “15” in each of four columns (add a fifth column if you’re new to the process and you want to check). Use the max stats and the four columns (first is AT, second is DF, third is SP, and fourth is both SA/SD. The optional fifth column is the HP stat.)

Here’s how it goes: Going down each column, scratch off the “15” or whatever number you’re down to, and replace it with the next-lower number. Also scratch out the max stat and subtract 2 from it. Repeat this process until the stat you write down is equal to your actual stat, and the last number in the column gives your DV. (If your stat is equal to the maximum, just leave the 15.) Repeat for each column. Once you’re experienced, you can glance at the first four and instantly tell your HP DV, but for now just use a fifth column.

Now for my rigorous DV explanation (probably the most unique approach around that remains sensible):

Whenever you run into a Pokemon, 16 numbers are randomly generated, and these numbers do not change except through RAM alteration. I label them A through P. Each variable can be either 0 or 1, and they determine your DV’s as follows:

Attack DV = 8A + 4B + 2C + D
Defense DV = 8E + 4F + 2G + H
Speed DV = 8I + 4J + 2K + L
Special DV = 8M + 4N + 2O + P
HP DV = 8D + 4H + 2L + P

Now, no device currently in existence will show (directly) the values of these 16 variables. But if you know your Pokemon’s DVs, performing a binary conversion will lead you to discover what each one equals. (Side note—Criteria for a shiny are that C, E, G, I, K, M, and O are all 1, and F, H, J, L, N, and P are all 0. A, B, and D are free to be either.)

And once you have that, it becomes simple to calculate Hidden Power.

1. Start with a value of 32.5.
2. If A = 1, add 20 to your value.
3. If E = 1, add 10 to your value.
4. If I = 1, add 5 to your value.
5. If M = 1, add 2.5 to your value.
6. If both M and N are zero, then subtract 1 if O is zero and subtract 0.5 if P is zero. If either M or N is 1, ignore this step.
7. If your value ends in “.5”, scrap it. Now you have the attack strength of your Hidden Power.
8. Create a new value equal to 8C + 4D + 2G + H.
9. This new value provides Hidden Power’s type on the following correspondence: 15-Dark, 14-Dragon, 13-Ice, 12-Psychic, 11-Electric, 10-Grass, 9-Water, 8-Fire, 7-Steel, 6-Ghost, 5-Bug, 4-Rock, 3-Ground, 2-Poison, 1-Flying, 0-Fighting.

That concludes the explanation. [/sadistic brainwash]

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
St George
Farting Nudist
Member # 1923

Member Rated:
posted 01-05-2002 04:25 PM      Profile for St George   Email St George   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ummm.... Make sure your Poke has reached its Maximum stats by doing the "Box Trick", even though you are at Level 100.

If you are unfamilar with this "Box Trick" visit - AZURE HEIGHTS POKÉMON LABORATORY - COMPENDIUM - Box Trick.

When the values of HP, Attack, Defense, Special, Speed "stop" increasing you should have your final values - then you can work out your True final DV's and Hidden power of your Poke.

For Speed DV increases go to Diglett's Cave and fight a bunch of Diglett's, for Special's DV go to Route 8 at night and fight Abra, Kadabra and Haunter, For HP DV fight Muk and Grimer at Celodon City etc, etc until all the DV values stop advancing through the "Box Trick".

It does get a bit messy understanding DV's - it's not that hard once someone guides you through it and you do the research that is available.

Most "perfect poke breeders" and "shiny poke breeders" would be very fimiliar with DV's and most would have a good store of Rare Candies - at least 50, and have a Ditto from a different "Cart" with DV's of 15(F) in both Defense and Special. They also have a lot of running around to do as well - I only wish they would put in a treadmill or Bike Machine at one of those damn gyms, I would even pay to use it :-)

You can download a good DV Stat Calculator at Meowth's Pokemon Forever site or use Tghost's Excel spreadsheet. Hope this help's.... and, I hope you like Math and Research ;-)

Regards,

St George

PS. There are others here that may be able to help you more. This is my understanding anyway.

PPS. Don't be disappointed that your very first bred perfect poke is not that perfect because you assumed 15 (F) in all DV's is the greatest .... Grr.....

- - - - -
A.D.D. = Attention. Deficient. Disorder = Take your tablets when you get a blood rush, or better still, do something useful with the extra blood - get a girl friend, not Claris the Computer ;-)

From: Quensland Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.