The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Slot behavior?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slot behavior?
Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2001 06:38 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering if someone could poke into the ROM to figure out how exactly the slot machines work, because I've noticed them being biased up until I get 7's. It will also intentionally line up the first 2 sevens, then "pretend" to help with the third one but deliberately avoid it. I don't know much about how roms work, or you would determine it, but would it be possible to watch which variables changed when you played or something? Also, it seems to me that a Chansey will only appear if you have one in your party.
Is this right? Not that it's important or anything, but it's something interesting. If nobody wants to, then could you tell me how to? I know nothing about emulators or anything so forgive me if I'm just being stupid, but I haven't seen much new research lately and I've started wondering about the rest of the game. There's lots of unexplained stuff left in there, and I'd like to learn more about it.
Of course, with my luck someone's already done this and posted it somewhere, and I just can't find it.

While you're at it, could someone make a list of all the "nonexistent moves" in RBY, and their effects? ^_^
(I'm thinking about an "absolutely anything goes" tournament...)

Uh... was this even the right forum?

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 12-30-2001 07:13 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Generally, sluts sleep with the first guy they come across.

Oh wait, you were talking about "slots"? In that case, I can't help you. *usually buys his Game Corner stuff 500 coins at a time*

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.