The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » An evolving Tradeback!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An evolving Tradeback!
Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2001 04:52 AM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I once traded my Graveler from my Blue cart to my Gold cart, it was in level 33, so it evolved into Golem, and it learned Rollout, since Golem learns it in level 33.
Then I could trade it back to Blue! and I did.. Rollout was called TM06, it didn't affect my game, not even when I used it in battle, if I remember correctly, it was weak, but it raised my evasion.

Anyway, don't get confused, I used Stadium 2 to attach King's Rock to my Poliwhirl (in Blue), then I traded it to Gold, it didn't evolve into Politoed.

Conclusion:
Nintendo did think of the idea of Politoed/Slowking/Steelix/Scizor/Kingdra/Porygon2, so they simply took care of it, if the pre-evolution was traded from RBY, it won't evolve.
But with Graveler, appearantly it was a bit of hard to think of..

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Noisy Phanpy ]

From: Ruins Of Alph | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2001 09:54 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Noisy Phanpy:
Anyway, don't get confused, I used Stadium 2 to attach King's Rock to my Poliwhirl (in Blue), then I traded it to Gold, it didn't evolve into Politoed.

Try attaching the King's Rock in Gold, then trading, saving, and then trading back. Works for me, I got Steelix, Scizor, Politoed, etc. with my red.

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2001 01:29 AM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll try!
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2001 03:04 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The move, TM06, I'm not sure, but, I thought I heard something like it is a move like agility or swords dance because it doesn't just "raise" your evasiveness, it "greatly" raises your evasiveness. If you aren't afraid it will mess up your game, teach your Golem Double Team and keep it with TM06. Have it use TM06 3 times in battle. Then have it use double team, if the move (fails/does nothing) then, TM06 DOES raises evasiveness 2 levels...

One more thing, when you did the trading with the King's Rock from Blue to Gold, did you do it using two gameboys and a link cable or Stadium 2 and two transfer packs? Thanks...

- - - - -
"My hatred for you... is delicious." - Locar

Coxy
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2001 06:23 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did it over Stadium 2.

- - - - -

Noisy Phanpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 2394

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2001 08:00 AM      Profile for Noisy Phanpy   Email Noisy Phanpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So you saw it evolves in Stadium 2? regulary I would except that Stadium would delete your game, because Stadium identifies any cheat or something "out of order" in the game pack, it would simply corrupt your saved data.
But since Stadium 2 is based on GSC, not RBY, they wouldn't do that, because it isn't "unusual", so I think that they (Seadra, Porygon, Scyther, Poliwhirl and Onix) can evolve only if you traded it via Stadium 2, if I'll trade a Poliwhirl that is holding King's Rock from Blue to Gold via the link cable, it won't evolve, but if I'll do it in Stadium 2 via Prof. Oak's lab, it will.

Makes sense, I remember when somebody said that Stadium 2 have some glitches if the game pack is Red/Blue/Yellow, Nintendo obviously didn't dedicate time for this, I can't confirm because I only have one Transfer Pack.

Please reply if you can confirm my theory.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Noisy Phanpy ]

DarkeonEXE
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2195

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2001 06:21 PM      Profile for DarkeonEXE   Author's Homepage   Email DarkeonEXE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Odd, when I used my TM06 move, I blew up, hit the Pokemon.. and reappeared again.

- - - - -
Darkeon
"The Dark Sun has risen...

From: The shadows of the night... | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coxy
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2001 07:59 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's not illegal or a glitch, since R/B/Y pokemon can hold items through stadium 2 or by trading from G/S/C. They just don't use them! When trading back, they activate and evolve your Scyther (just as an example).

- - - - -

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2001 03:19 AM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like my friend's Voltorb on his Red game with a moveset something like
POKéMANIAC
TM09
SURF
CHARIZARD

He had a bit too much fun putting random numbers in his Game Genie with the moveset modifier code.

If I recall correctly, CHARIZARD animated as your opponent exploding, and healed them and made them fall asleep. POKéMANIAC crashed the game. Someone ought to try the nonexistent moves sometime, and list what they do.

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-06-2001 07:27 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000366
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.