The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Catch Rate Question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Catch Rate Question
mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2001 08:00 PM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey. I've been trying to use the Catch Rate formula as described on Meowth's site to determine my percentage of catching certain Pokemon, but am not having any luck. It just doesn't work out right. Here is what happens when I use the formula:

E = (int((((B * 4) - (A * 2))* C) / B) + D + 1) /256

A = 58
B = 58
This means the Pokemon is at full health.
C = 255
Catch Rate
D = 0

E = (int((((58 * 4) - (58 * 2)) * 255) / 58) + 0 + 1) / 256

E = (int(((232 - 116) * 255) / 58) + 1) / 256

E = (int((116 * 255) / 58) + 1) / 256

E = (int(29580 / 58) + 1) / 256

E = (510 + 1) / 256

E = 511 / 256

E = about 1.99 * 100 for percentage

E is about 199%, which is way to high for a level 15 Meowth!

Could someone tell me what I did wrong and help me out? This is really bugging me.

- - - - -
When life gives you lemons...

Throw them back!!!

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
jsha1
Farting Nudist
Member # 1859

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2001 12:12 PM      Profile for jsha1   Author's Homepage   Email jsha1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Possibly it's 1.99%? I'm not sure, it would be helpful to provide a link to the page you found this on.

- - - - -
Signature :
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. NOTE: Excessively long and/or irritating signatures will be removed without notice. UBBCode Images not permitted.

mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2001 11:05 AM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a link to the page I discovered this on:
http://www.geocities.com/meowth346/gs/formulas/catch.htm

I am also looking at some Japanese sites through a translator, but they say almost the same exact info.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry about the link. I did it during school and I was trying to listen to the teacher while typing this up. It is fixed, thanks to those who spotted it for me.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: mleo2003 ]

- - - - -
When life gives you lemons...

Throw them back!!!

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2001 07:01 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, likning to this page http://www.geocities.com/meowth346/gs/formulas/catch.htm would make more sense...
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 12-03-2001 07:22 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://upc.dcph1.com/games/gs/guides/catchrate.shtml

ROCK!

- - - - -
Please visit Zeldapower.com

articuno255
Farting Nudist
Member # 2381

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2001 05:57 AM      Profile for articuno255        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To quote http://upc.dcph1.com/games/gs/guides/catchrate.shtml "The Catch Rate cannot be greater than 255."

Does that mean throwing an Ultra Ball at a Caterpie is useless?
And does love ball fail if the two pokemon are the same gender or one/both is genderless, or just act as a pokeball?

- - - - -
"The crowd's excitement is growing over this HOT battle!" - Stadium Narrator

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 12-05-2001 07:09 AM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by articuno255:
"The Catch Rate cannot be greater than 255."

Does that mean throwing an Ultra Ball at a Caterpie is useless?

It means the Catch Rate is 255. When the Catch Rate is greater than 255, it is equal to 255.

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

jsha1
Farting Nudist
Member # 1859

Member Rated:
posted 12-05-2001 08:02 PM      Profile for jsha1   Author's Homepage   Email jsha1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dunno... I've thrown several Ultra balls at the same L2 Pidgey and they didn't work...

- - - - -
Signature :
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. NOTE: Excessively long and/or irritating signatures will be removed without notice. UBBCode Images not permitted.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.