The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Burn/Paralyze and stat mods

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Burn/Paralyze and stat mods
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2001 02:49 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know the stat mods for Attack and Speed after Burn/Paralyze are really weird in RBY, but I seem to recall someone saying they were fixed in GSC. Is this how it works now?

1. With an Attack stat of 400, a Burn reduces it to 200.

2. Once Burned, using Swords Dance will raise it by 200, returning it to 400 OR using Swords Dance will raise it by 400, to 600.

3. After using Swords Dance twice for an Attack of 1000 [keeping it simple] a Burn will reduce it to 500.

4. Once Burned, a Charm will cut the 200 down again to 100.

I guess what I need to know is; if a Pokémon is Burned, is its Attack *always* half of what it should be after considering all other stat mods (including Thick Club)? Also, does Burn permit a maxed Attack Pokémon to continue Swords Dancing back to 999 or whatever its upper limit is?
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2001 05:57 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't it work like Speed and Paralize?

I mean, you always will have half the stat you should have. Like a big "/2" in the end of the damage formula.

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-30-2001 11:32 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That would be very convienient...
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.