The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Baton Pass & Attraction [a discovery by accident]

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baton Pass & Attraction [a discovery by accident]
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-28-2001 06:19 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finally solved this one while I was just playing against the computer on Stadium, the battle went atleast somethin like this...

My Pokémon: Umbreon (Male)
Opponent: Clefable (Female)

Clefable used Attract.
Umbreon became attracted to Clefable.
Umbreon used Baton Pass.
Umbreon passes the baton to Scizor (Male)
Scizor comes out and is not attracted.

So, even if a Male Pokémon who is currently attracted baton passes to another male Pokémon, the attraction does not get passed. I assume it would be the same with females passing to females but I have yet to test that...

- - - - -
Folks if you're like me, you're legs are all scarred up and itchy with elf bites. Ya know, ya tried the bug sprays, you left small poisonous cupcakes out for em, you called every exterminator and wizard in the phone book! But despite your attempts you just can't get rid of these darn elves. Folks you aren't dealing with a cockroach or a rat here, you're dealing with a small irritable magical man armed to the teeth with a thousand deadly jigs & dance steps.

Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 11-29-2001 01:07 AM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow I could have sworn that something could pass Attract to another pokémon of the same gender! Thanks. Even though I rarely baton pass, its at least nice to know what I can and can't BP.

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 11-30-2001 07:56 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Erm, even positive Attract isn't passed. ALso, only stat BONUS are passed, except for Confusion and Curse's lowered Speed, nothing else downward.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2001 09:57 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Swagger works against Ghost PKMN, too.

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2001 01:34 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Leech Seed is also transfered with Baton Pass.

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-01-2001 08:05 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Clefable used Attract.
Umbreon used Baton Pass.
Umbreon passes the baton to Scizor (Male)
Scizor comes out and is not attracted.
[/QB]

but dose the reverse work? lets say the btte went soemthing like this

Clefable used Attract.
Clefable used BP to pokemonX

will Umbreon be attracted to pokemonX?

not that Clefable can or cant learn BP but w/e

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2001 01:28 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'll test that someday, that is a good question psykloak1...

- - - - -
A kiss blown is a kiss wasted. The only kiss is a kiss tasted. Kisses have germs and germs are hated, so kiss me baby, im vaccinated!

cHi-cHi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2385

Member Rated:
posted 12-02-2001 03:09 PM      Profile for cHi-cHi   Email cHi-cHi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
psykloak1, i think it will work in your senario as long the baton passed poke is same gender..o_obut, it needs to be confirmed.

- - - - -
"behold my great ball dexterity!"
-juggler erwin

From: a cardboard box with the internet f00Lz..(o^_^o) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 12-04-2001 11:31 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ack!

Azure is full of so many newbies these days.

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.