The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Sleep Talk/Heal Bell

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sleep Talk/Heal Bell
Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 03:43 PM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This has probably been though of before, but does a Rest, Sleep Talk, Heal Bell work? I'm trying to make use of Granbull as a heal Beller, but unlike the others it learns no quick recovery moves. If this works, whats a good last move?

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 03:46 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes that set is good for every heal beller but i haven't tried it out yet so what do i know... a good last move would be either Return or Shadow Ball.

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 04:01 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought someone said that Heal Bell through Sleep Talk wouldn't work, or something like that.

Whether that works or not, however, keep in mind that Granbull's Return is 153 power all the time while Shadow Ball on a Psychic or Ghost type would be 160. Unless your team has a severe Psychic/Ghost problem, go for Return.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tux The Linux Penguin
Farting Nudist
Member # 1846

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 08:28 PM      Profile for Tux The Linux Penguin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I thought someone said that Heal Bell through Sleep Talk wouldn't work, or something like that."

Yeah, I heard that too, I'm pretty sure that's the case. You could always try minty resting, as Granbull will probably stay in there just to heal bell and do minimal other things, so he wouldn't really need to rest more than once. Just a suggestion.

From: Walla Walla, WA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 10:54 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, if your Poké knows Sleep Talk and Rest, and uses Sleep Talk, they can get Rest! (I've seen the computer do this on Stadium)... anyway, the move doesn't fail, well it might if they are at full HP when they get rest, what happened was the guy who got a sleep talked rest continued staying asleep and their HP meter went back to 100%. I know this isn't what was asked, but, it is worth knowing for those who don't know it...

- - - - -
"Mom, why won't the dog let Daddy walk him anymore?"

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2001 06:12 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000723
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2001 07:42 AM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
For what it's worth, if your Poké knows Sleep Talk and Rest, and uses Sleep Talk, they can get Rest! (I've seen the computer do this on Stadium)... anyway, the move doesn't fail, well it might if they are at full HP when they get rest, what happened was the guy who got a sleep talked rest continued staying asleep and their HP meter went back to 100%. I know this isn't what was asked, but, it is worth knowing for those who don't know it...

Yea that works, i had a rest/sleap talk snorlax before and that happened to me allthe time

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 11:41 AM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link Pikachu. The post said that it would work with Sleep Talk though at the very end, you just couldn't select Heal Bell by yourself (makes perfect sense). I still haven't had the oppurtonity to test it as my Granbull only selected Return under Sleep Talk and KO'd the final pokémon by doing so.

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.