next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Stat Formula

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stat Formula
jsha1
Farting Nudist
Member # 1859

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 01:11 PM      Profile for jsha1   Author's Homepage   Email jsha1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the formula for finding Pokemon stats? I'm not talking about DVs, I'm talking about finding the possible stat range and stuff like that. Apparently TPM and Necraso (can't remember how to spell it) did, but both of them are gone now, and they probably wouldn't tell us anyways. I thought of one possible formula, but it doesn't seem to be completely accurate. Anyways, here it is:
M = stat at level 100
L = level
S = stat at current level

S = (M/100)L

It could work, it would require testing, but I can't do it now because TPM is down. I don't think it's that anyways, as their battle formula is so complicated, why wouldn't this be too?

- - - - -
Signature :
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. NOTE: Excessively long and/or irritating signatures will be removed without notice. UBBCode Images not permitted.

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2001 01:34 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Atma's DV finder

Plug in base stats and level, and it'll show the stat for each DV. It has both HP and normal stats, and both no stat exp and max stat exp.

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 09:28 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stat Formula:

int(((2B+2D+S)*L)/100)+X

B: The Base Stat. This number is fixed for each species of Pokemon. For example, Snorlax's Base Stat in HP is 160, but its base Speed is only 30. If you have a max-stat chart, you can find Base Stats by subtracting 203 from HP or 98 from anything else, then dividing by 2.

D: The Pokemon's Determinant Value (DV) in a stat. These numbers, which range from 0 to 15 in each stat, are randomly assigned when you receive the Pokemon, and cannot be changed after that without Sharking.

S: Points worth of Stat Experience gained in a stat. The actual Stat Experience values can range from 0 to 65025, but the final result will range from 0 to 63 after a formula is applied. I'm sure someone will post the formula, as I only have the reverse version of it.

L: Simple. It's your level. You know how to find that, don't you?

X: For the HP stat only, X is equal to (Level + 10). For other stats, X is equal to 5.

Is that good enough for you?

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2001 05:06 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just got done reversing the Stat Experience equation.

I already have the formula “given stat points, find Stat Exp. value”. But what about the other way around? With a Gameshark, you can look DIRECTLY at the value of the Stat Exp variable:

HP: DA35 and DA36
Attack: DA37 and DA38
Defense: DA39 and DA3A
Speed: DA3B and D3C
Special: DA3D and DA3E (I think both Specials use the same Stat Exp. variables, because there aren’t enough variables to be otherwise. What isn’t clear, though, is how it gets distributed—after killing a Chansey, does it award 35 to this value from Special A, or does it add 105 from Special D?)

In order to achieve this, we must reverse the equation

V = (16 * S˛) – (8 * S) + 2

where V is the value of the actual Stat Exp. variable, and S is the number of Stat Points given BASED ON it.

The reversed equation is easier than it may seem:

S = int(((√ (V - 1) + 1) / 4)

So if you have a Shark, just look at the variable value according to the above chart and you can plug that in as V in order to find S. There is no variable that gives S directly. Now, all parts of the Stat Formula can be found.

One interesting thing, though: For a Stat Exp. variable value of zero, this formula would instruct the game to award (1 + i) / 4 stat points at L100, and I don’t see how the game would interpret an imaginary number. The fact that it divides by 4 (when max Level is 255) renders this discovery useless for now, but perhaps if they expand variable length in a future game, and it would be possible to achieve a Level of 400 or more...

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Jolt135 ]

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
articuno255
Farting Nudist
Member # 2381

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 05:19 AM      Profile for articuno255        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Stat Exp for Special is based on Special Attack. (do people here flame a lot? I haven't seen much/any)

- - - - -
"The crowd's excitement is growing over this HOT battle!" - Stadium Narrator

jsha1
Farting Nudist
Member # 1859

Member Rated:
posted 11-27-2001 06:33 PM      Profile for jsha1   Author's Homepage   Email jsha1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, that pretty much covered it. And sometimes people flame, not often. It was sort of rude when someone insulted my intelligence for asking about Sleep Clause becuase it's "Common Knowledge", but common doesn't mean everybody knows it.

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: jsha1 ]

- - - - -
Signature :
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. NOTE: Excessively long and/or irritating signatures will be removed without notice. UBBCode Images not permitted.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.